“Good stay, but odd hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #45 of 129 hotels in Miami
ohio
“Good stay, but odd hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed for three nights for a business trip. I stayed in the hotel part, not the condo part so I had a standard hotel room. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. I even had a nice view of the bay. The odd thing about this hotel is that it doesn't feel like a hotel ... it doesn't offer the traditional services as a hotel. No hotel restaurant, tho the hotel is connected to a small mall in which there are several restaurants. The people who work at the front desk are friendly but didn't seem to know much about the area or the property (for example, they couldn't tell me where to find a place to eat breakfast) and they don't offer much in the way of hospitality - they seemed more like parking lot attendants as they simply gave me my room key and collected payment at the end of the stay.
Meeting rooms were fine.
Fitness facility is huge with lots of machines and weights, very crowded, but airconditioning is barely functional.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

929 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Castillonnes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I stopped for just one night at the Miami Doubletree by Hilton on our way back from a holiday in Miami and the Keys. We arrived by taxi and were welcomed by the doormen then checked in and were sent to our room on the sixth floor. It was a huge room with two large beds, beautiful flooring and an immaculate bathroom. It also had a fine balcony overlooking the bay with great views. In the evening we went to Bay Side centre for supper then back to the hotel. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and the aircon not too noisy. In the morning we checked out but as our flight was not until the evening the doorman kept our luggage in a small locked room for a charge of two dollars. So a great, if brief, stay with excellent staff, overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Celebration, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The DoubleTree Downtown Miami is a nice relaxing stay in Miami. The second of the Hilton properties that I've stayed in there. Parking is secure with only valet as an option. One of the few hotels I've ever stayed domestically that offered a bidet, room was nice, updated a few years ago, bathroom and vanity spacious. Would have been nice to have an updated shower/tub with new materials. Views were nice with just about every room able to see the bay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Whiteland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Bed was hard, Dirty curtains, floor, and mold in the bathroom and dirty bed comforter. Our feet where black after we took a shower....the carpet was filthy! Rude staff. asked for a king bed and paid for king bed and got two double beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel was very clean, people were friendly and I would recommend this place to anyone. location was perfect. Pool was out of this world. Enjoyed everything about this place and will be returning. Enjoyed the park next to hotel for our great granddaughter which is 3 years old, just to run and play when staying here. Close to everything that we needed, eating, grocery store and beautiful park for children to play. Service was wonderful and people were helpful and very friendly. Was only passing through to go on a cruise but we will be staying there everytime we go to Miami

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed in other Hilton Properties but this by far has to be the worst experience i had with any hotel. My boyfriend came to Miami to visit me for my birthday and we decided to stay at a hotel for the night. We had booked the Marriott but they over booked so they walked us over to the double tree. I had no issue cause we had stayed at a double tree before in orlando and loved it. Well unfortunately i forgot my phone in my car and noticed when i got up into the room.After checking in and getting to the room i went down like 2 hours later to ask for my phone to only find out that it was not there. I searched my car about 5 times and noting my iphone was nowhere to be found. I spoke with the guy in the valet and no one can give me answers of who had been the one to park my car. I tracked my phone and it showed it was at the hotel. i showed the guy and he said i would have to wait till the next day to fill out a report with the manager. Well is not like that did anything it has been 2 weeks and nothing. I have been calling the hotel general manager for the past 2 weeks and have left him several messages and i have not received a call back. I have been calling the parking manager Named Danny and the last 2 weeks have spoke with him twice cause all the other times they tell me he is not in or busy and will call me back. Also they did find the guy from valet that took it cause with my tracking i tracked it all the way to his house .They keep saying that they are going to get me a new phone and again that was last week and nothing .This has to be the worst Hotel i have ever stayed at and don't plan on staying at any Double tree hotels. Dont stay here save your money and go to a better hotel the hotel is not that great for the price you pay and clearly they have an issue with employees stealing guest items and dont even care. I have worked in the hospitality industry and know that this is terrible customer service . I also did contact corporate and that didnt do much they just say to call the GM of the hotel .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

At the beginning we have issues with the rooms. The rooms were not ready. I booked a Junior suite and they put me in a regular room. We rented 3 rooms and one of the room I asked especifically to be a connected room and the hotel did not put the rooms connected. We asked the rooms to be connected since we had 2 little kids. the rooms that the hotel gave us was one next to the other one but not connected rooms so we had to sleep with the kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Patricia N, congratulations on your daughters wedding. I hope you and your family enjoyed the special day. Regarding your comments for your rooms, I do apologize for the miscommunication regarding your room type. Also, regarding the connecting rooms, thats not something we can ever guarantee as we only have a few rooms that are connecting and we cant guarantee that they will always be available to families. Again, I do hope that everything else with the wedding and your stay went well.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!