“Downtown Miami and in the heart of the rebirth of the city.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Celebration, FL, United States
“Downtown Miami and in the heart of the rebirth of the city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The DoubleTree Downtown Miami is a nice relaxing stay in Miami. The second of the Hilton properties that I've stayed in there. Parking is secure with only valet as an option. One of the few hotels I've ever stayed domestically that offered a bidet, room was nice, updated a few years ago, bathroom and vanity spacious. Would have been nice to have an updated shower/tub with new materials. Views were nice with just about every room able to see the bay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Finnish first
Whiteland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Bed was hard, Dirty curtains, floor, and mold in the bathroom and dirty bed comforter. Our feet where black after we took a shower....the carpet was filthy! Rude staff. asked for a king bed and paid for king bed and got two double beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel was very clean, people were friendly and I would recommend this place to anyone. location was perfect. Pool was out of this world. Enjoyed everything about this place and will be returning. Enjoyed the park next to hotel for our great granddaughter which is 3 years old, just to run and play when staying here. Close to everything that we needed, eating, grocery store and beautiful park for children to play. Service was wonderful and people were helpful and very friendly. Was only passing through to go on a cruise but we will be staying there everytime we go to Miami

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed in other Hilton Properties but this by far has to be the worst experience i had with any hotel. My boyfriend came to Miami to visit me for my birthday and we decided to stay at a hotel for the night. We had booked the Marriott but they over booked so they walked us over to the double tree. I had no issue cause we had stayed at a double tree before in orlando and loved it. Well unfortunately i forgot my phone in my car and noticed when i got up into the room.After checking in and getting to the room i went down like 2 hours later to ask for my phone to only find out that it was not there. I searched my car about 5 times and noting my iphone was nowhere to be found. I spoke with the guy in the valet and no one can give me answers of who had been the one to park my car. I tracked my phone and it showed it was at the hotel. i showed the guy and he said i would have to wait till the next day to fill out a report with the manager. Well is not like that did anything it has been 2 weeks and nothing. I have been calling the hotel general manager for the past 2 weeks and have left him several messages and i have not received a call back. I have been calling the parking manager Named Danny and the last 2 weeks have spoke with him twice cause all the other times they tell me he is not in or busy and will call me back. Also they did find the guy from valet that took it cause with my tracking i tracked it all the way to his house .They keep saying that they are going to get me a new phone and again that was last week and nothing .This has to be the worst Hotel i have ever stayed at and don't plan on staying at any Double tree hotels. Dont stay here save your money and go to a better hotel the hotel is not that great for the price you pay and clearly they have an issue with employees stealing guest items and dont even care. I have worked in the hospitality industry and know that this is terrible customer service . I also did contact corporate and that didnt do much they just say to call the GM of the hotel .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

At the beginning we have issues with the rooms. The rooms were not ready. I booked a Junior suite and they put me in a regular room. We rented 3 rooms and one of the room I asked especifically to be a connected room and the hotel did not put the rooms connected. We asked the rooms to be connected since we had 2 little kids. the rooms that the hotel gave us was one next to the other one but not connected rooms so we had to sleep with the kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Patricia N, congratulations on your daughters wedding. I hope you and your family enjoyed the special day. Regarding your comments for your rooms, I do apologize for the miscommunication regarding your room type. Also, regarding the connecting rooms, thats not something we can ever guarantee as we only have a few rooms that are connecting and we cant guarantee that they will always be available to families. Again, I do hope that everything else with the wedding and your stay went well.
Goose Creek, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband, daughter and myself were in Miami for four nights starting May 29th. We were upgraded to a much larger room with a awesome view. We were very busy on this trip but enjoyed the location and would like to return for more of a leisure visit. The service was excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

It was best start of our honneymoon. Everything was ready, clear and with high service. We had the kings room with 2 bedrooms, 2 showers, 2 baths, big kitchen, 3 lcd tv and nice view with entrance from all rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple