“Doubletree Biscayne Bay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Miami
New York, United States
“Doubletree Biscayne Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree in Biscayne Bay on business and I had a great stay. The rooms are clean and fresh and spacious. The staff was very friendly and it is a very comfortable place to stay. Compared to staying at other hotels in Miami Beach for business, I really like this hotel because it is in a quite area but still very close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Finnish first
miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

spent a night here before a cruise. concierge was great offering directions. upgraded us to a room with a fantastic view and since it was ready let us in early only problem was while on the cruise we discovered that we left my husband;s suit in the room. when we returned we tried to retrieve it but because the housekeeping manager was not in no one could help us. we were instructed to call her the next day. We called her and left a mesage 3 days in a row with no verbal response but on 3rd day the clothes showed up in the mail. I feel like no one would ever have contacted us if we didnt stop back there while waiting for our flights home. and certainly no one could provide any information without the supervisor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I chose this hotel because I was leaving on a cruise the next day, it was close to the port and I got an very reasonable rate booking online. While I was only there 1 night I didn't make use of a lot of the amenities, but I did spend some time at the pool that was very pleasant. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and informative and the fresh baked cookie is a nice touch! For anyone going on a cruise, the hotel has a shuttle service that saved me having to take a taxi. If I every go back to Miami I would definitely stay at the Doubletree again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Westport, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had two issues with this hotel I've never had anywhere else.

I reserved three rooms. Two were for my family, one for a family we were meeting. I prepaid for the rooms. When the other family arrived before we did, I worried that they would have to wait for us in the lobby. Instead, hotel staff checked them in -- into two of the rooms. It was pretty awkward, the idea of telling them that they had to vacate one of the rooms, so we crammed ourselves into the remaining room. Never had a hotel check someone else into a room reserved in my name and paid for with my credit card.

That night, there was loud music audible after 10:30. I called and was told Security would be up to help determine the source. Half an hour later, I called back, got someone new just on shift, who said she would DEFINITELY send up Security. Fifteen minutes later, I called a third time, to be told the same thing. I eventually just gave up and waited for the party to end before going to bed. I wasn't especially well rested to start my vacation.

Manager the next morning said she would look into it and get back to me. That was 10 days ago.

This isn't even to get into the somewhat more routine issues, like the food and garbage in the hallway in the morning that was there the night before, or how our room in the back of the hotel was up some stairs, meaning we had to lug some heavy bags up them.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
boyreporter, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you had during your stay. If you dont mind, could you email at miab_ds@hilton.com with your confirmation numbers and dates of your stay with us. My front office manager and I would like to research the issues you had during check in.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at this DoubleTree in Miami the weekend of April 4-6, 2014. Our reservation was to be a junior suite w/partial bay view of the bay along with a King bed and a sofa bed. I stay at Hilton hotels and have my preferences set up so the Hilton Hotels know my preferences. It appeared no one paid any attention to these simple requests. We checked in by an "OK" front desk staff, I say this because I wasn't "WOWed" by the staff. I didn't feel special, instead just another traveler moving through their hotel. We went up to our room which was originally 638, on the lowest floor, right next to the elevator, we walk in to find 2 chairs and one king bed. We immediately went downstairs and I asked if it could be corrected. What did they do, they corrected it by sending me to the other side of the same floor room 634 if I remember correctly. Yes it had the sofa bed and faced the garage where the cars come and go, along with another building, there was no partial bay view by my definition. By this point I was like what ever, I'm not going to complain again. We settled with it. We left and returned later that evening getting ready for bed. Note we had been up since 4 AM traveling so we were very tired. We got back to our room I think about 9-10 PM. I couldn't get the sofa bed to open at all. Had to call the front desk in which they didn't or wouldn't or couldn't answer the phone. I finally had to go down and ask for help because I couldn't get the bed to come out. They said they would send maintance up to get the bed out. I went back to our room and waited not to long thank goodness. The maintance man got the bed out in a few seconds... said the frame might be bent why I couldn't open it. Don't know if the sheets were clean or not but I was just so tired by that point. He also checked the phone and he called the front desk and now they answered. He left, and about 10 minutes later comes housekeeping knocking on the door ready to do up the bed, I think it was nice but way to late of an after thought by Hilton. I declined only because I was so exhausted and just wanted to get some sleep. My roommate, had a horrid night because I guess there was partying going on all night so she wasn't able to sleep. Perhaps if we weren't by the street, garage and had more of a bay view we might have been able to avoid the party noise all night.

In addition were out all day on Saturday and returned about 345 PM or 4 PM to find our room had not even been made up yet. I called about it and was advised they have until 5 PM to make up the rooms. Well I guess they were running behind because when we returned after dinner yes the room was made up but they didn't empty out the garbage in the garbage can. This is a simple thing to do that should be done everyday in any Hotel to keep bugs away, and no there were no bugs to be found in this DoubleTree I'm happy to say.

Working in the CS world as I have for 25 years, our business is our customers and we need to "WOW" every customer to make them all feel special all the way down to the small things. Customers make our business.

This particular DoubleTree is not in my book classified as a "WOW" DoubleTree.

Thank you.

Room Tip: I recommend, not staying on the 6th floor. I also recommend not staying on the side where the garag...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
mrh3125, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you had during your stay with us. I do apologize for the issue you had regarding the pull out sofa and the outside noise. I've forwarded your review to my front office director regarding the issues you had. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and again I'm sorry for the issues you had.
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my third stay at a Double Tree by Hilton Hotel. I will always go back to this hotel. They have clean rooms, friendly service, and great amenities. It is an excellent place to stay. Oh, I forgot to mention - they have great cookies!! I plan to order them online now that I am home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Close to the port for those going out on a cruise. Great rooms. The marina view is wonderful. There are restaurants on the property. We did not know about Bayside being just down the street as they don;t tell you..they probably want you to stay and spend your money with them. But make the trip to Bayside for great shops and food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple