We chose to stay here after reading many reviews, like we always do before we go anywhere. We are a family of four with mom/dad (40s) and two boys (8 and 13).
* For a pre-cruise hotel, this was amazing. We were right on the bay and could watch the cruise ships coming in in the morning and leaving in the afternoon. We arrived early afternoon, so our boys were able to see some ships pulling out, which got them excited for our ship to come in the next day.
* When we went to walk around and explore, it was not so amazing for us. The city shuttle (nothing to do with the hotel) that was supposed to come every 15 minutes did not come for half an hour and then was too full and told us we had to wait for the next one. In their defense, the National Red Bull Flugtag was going on, which is what we were trying to get to, down in Bayfront Park, and we just ran out of time to go explore that with all the waiting. However, we did find a Publix close by that had a buffet in the store that was not too bad for the price. We were able to pick up snacks, drinks, etc., for the room from there too. We walked for a while and then decided to just come back to our hotel to swim and just hang out there until we left in the morning, which this place is great for. We stayed on South Beach after coming back from our cruise, and that was a much more interesting area for sightseeing. We would suggest spending your time in this area at the pool area here. :)
* Okay, so the building is part hotel and part condo. There are people just spending the night or a few nights and there are people who live here. There are a few sections that are only able to be accessed by the people who live here, but we were able to get around to where we wanted to go with no problem. We actually loved the mixture. My youngest son spent a good part of the night in the pool with a little boy his age who lives there and they had a blast. His mother was talking to us about all the interesting people they meet. Very cool!
* The hotel front desk staff members were wonderful. We all loved the warm delicious chocolate chip cookies we received when we got there.
ROOFTOP: Everyone has access to the pool, hot tub area, and bar area on the rooftop.
* The pool was clean and refreshing. I know there was a shallower end and a deeper end, but I don't remember exactly how deep the deep end was.
* The hot tub was in an area by itself and was very nice. It was a large clover-shaped tub with four sections.
* The bar area was great. It was nice to go up and order a drink without having to run back to your room. The price was a little expensive but not bad for the area. It was definitely way less than on South Beach.
* We saw people with snacks and drinks, and no one said anything, so I think this was okay. I would think if you just used common sense and didn't bring glass or what not, it would be okay.
* Two comfy beds. Clean, white, soft sheets and blankets. Comfy pillows.
* Small sofa and table, mini fridge, room safe. Not overly crowded.
* Amazing balcony facing the bay. You can watch the private boats below you on the docks or the big cruise ships coming and going from here. It is kind of a narrow balcony but is pretty long and has two chairs and a small table.
* Very nice bathroom with large tub, toilet, and bidet.
* There is also a sink and counter area outside the bathroom to help with space and privacy for more than one to get ready at a time.
FINAL THOUGHTS: If we were just needing a place to stay before a cruise, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The roof top is amazing without having to go anywhere else if you don't want to. You could spend some time on your balcony and then leave for your cruise that you actually watched come in that morning. If you have a few days, think about throwing South Beach into the mix too!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Miami
- Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay