“Convenient hotel for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Convenient hotel for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip for a conference. The conference was actually being held next door at the Marriott but they were fully booked, so I chose the Doubletree since it was so close. I didn't realize that the hotels are actually connected by a little mall. It was very convenient. The mall had lots of small places to grab breakfast or food. I never even had to walk outside to get to my meetings. The Doubletree was a bit more expensive and the room was a bit small, but I had a great view, a nice large balcony, and the service was really good. When I arrived my room wasn't ready yet but the front desk offered to call me when it was, which I thought was a really nice thing to do. The room was clean and comfortable. My room also had a nice view of the water. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer K

Tallahassee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed in a Jr. King suite for two nights. I enjoyed the nice view and balcony. I was with other friends who also had an enjoyable experience. There is a Publix in walking distance a on site restaurants which made dining and snacking easy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed in December 2013 for 8 days. Really nice condo room with a beautiful view. Housekeeping staff very friendly and helpful. There was a small problem in the room and it was resolved immediately. Concierge folks were really not very knowledgeable or helpful the two times I asked questions. (One of them looked at me like I was crazy for needing to buy stamps - yes, some of us still send cards and need stamps...) The condo room felt like home, not like a hotel room. I loved it. And the balcony was amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our flight was canceled by American Airlines and they booked us in the Double Tree at the last minute at 10pm at night. We were tired and hungry from spending all day in the airports and airplanes with no meals. A large group of people from the canceled flights showed up very late at night from the airport at the last minute and the staff got us booked into the rooms very fast and then got everyone served a really nice dinner quickly with great quality. The room was fantastic, the towels and bed linens were soft and it felt great to finally eat and get some rest. The hotel transported us back to the airport in the morning with all the others, quickly and efficiently. I really appreciated the good service especially with so many people showing up at the same time late at night with only a few minutes warning.
Too bad American airlines can't do as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was staying here for a night with some friends. We checked in to the hotel and headed straight to the pool. It was overlooking the bay with great view. Rooms were excellent cannot complain !! Breakfast served was a bit slow but it was good. overall a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The view from our room was exquisite. Beautiful view of Bay and ships passing through. Night view of city was also beautiful. Would definitely stay there again if given same room. Choices of breakfast included were limited and uninviting. Dinner in restaurant was very good. Was not happy with spending $29 nightly for parking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We chose this hotel for a pre-cruise stay. The location was perfect. I wish I could say the same for the first room. We checked in at 1pm and had a king bay room on the 4th floor just above the canopy where people dispose their cigarettes and empty bear cans from above. Being exhausted from flying since 4am, we attempted to take a quick nap. At 1:30 we were awaken by loud banging and sawing. After 15 minutes I went next door to find out they were renovating the room and tile floors. They did not expect to finish until after 6pm and would start again in the morning at 8am. I went down to the desk to see about getting my room changed, and was told the hotel was full. After asking for the manger she "found a room" but we needed to move as soon as possible so the housekeeping staff could redo the room for someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pools were also closed for renovations
Once we moved to the new room, the views were spectacular. We could see the cruise ships leaving at 5pm. Also I was very surprised that the breakfast vouchers were not for breakfast in the hotel. It was good for $8/per person in the attached mall? Check out was painless and the bellman was prompt and courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor with bay view