“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #45 of 129 hotels in Miami
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Service of the staff was outstanding. Room exceeded our expectation, large with space to relax. Hotel is safe and very well kept up. Location was excellent, within 15 you were at the beach or at any of the excellent restaurants in the area. Used Taxi which was very convenient during our stay. Do want to note that there are some very good restaurants on the premises as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about how safe you felt and the hotel staff as well. Always nice to hear that from one of our valued guests. I do hope that you get to enjoy all of the restaurants for your next stay with us.

941 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Bryan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

While the hotel overall was nice, it was also overpriced. Entrance not clearly defined. The staff at the entrance just looked at you and didn't tell you which door to enter. The rooms were nice sized, but the bathroom wasn't big enough. The fan in the bathroom either didn't work or didn't exist. As we checked in, our friends were upgraded to a junior suite. We were just given our room keys. Felt odd. There were two elevators, and once on our floor, we had to walk 3/4 around the building to find our room. Not a good layout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Jeffrey T, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay despite the fact that you were not completely satisfied. I apologize for you not receiving proper directions on which door to head through. We've asked the concierge to show all incoming guests the large sign that says "DoubleTree Hotel" above the door to the hotel front desk entrance so I apologize for the confusion. I also apologize for the layout of the building. Wish you safe travels in the future.
Tallahassee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Upon arrival, put into an "upgrade" which was a converted condo. The place was in poor condition, for instance there were knobs missing in the master bathroom cabinet for sink. The door frame looked liked it had been forced open by a krobar! I felt unsafe! When I asked the front desk to move me; they said they could not because I was staying two nights. I left unsatisfied. Then I returned, and talked to another front desk employee. I had to insist on being moved. I was moved into a room that was poor quality, as well! The bathroom vanity marble skirt was broken, and patched onto a 1x1 piece of wood. And, the bathroom ceiling tiles floated up all night; the A/C froze and stopped functioning after a couple of hours. It was the worst hotel stay I have ever, ever experienced!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer S, very sorry to hear about your experiences during your stay with us. I apologize for the a/c issues you experienced and for not being satisfied with your condo. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and again I apologize for you not being happy with your overall stay.
Fort Myers Airport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were down here for a bachelorette party and from the moment the reservation was made , I knew I had made a right choice on where to stay. At check in not only did I get a warm cookie but was even offered champagne! The bellman were very informative on the area and referred us to the concierge for any additional questions we may have throughout our stay. We ended up reserving one of the condo's & lets just say that the girls felt very spoiled! The entire place was in immaculate condition. Plenty of space for all 7 of us. The kitchen is fully loaded, so we were able to cook and make desserts. The location is perfect, very close to the beach and walking distance to Publix! Aside from the rooms, the staff made this stay unforgettable! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RSWFMGI, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed one of the condos for your stay. Thank you as well for your compliments and we look forward to having you back with us.
Kansas City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Even after I had an incident where the condo above mine flooded, causing some damage to my items in my condo and a large amount of flooding, the Doubletree staff made sure to take excellent care of me quickly. Robert Lacle, the GM, followed up with me right away, even went above and beyond to ensure the rest of my stay was memorable! I will be staying here during each of my business trips!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer M, I apologize for the situation that occured with the flood in the condo above you. I'm glad to hear that you were able to speak with my GM and that he took care of everything. Thank you as well for first chooing to stay with us and I'm very glad to hear that you'll be returning. We look forward to having you back with us soon.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is at a very good location, in between downtown and Miami beach. We got an excellent bay view room and thoroughly enjoyed the sights.. the size of the room 2 beds superior is huge.
On the constructive note, the hotel needs a bit of refurbishment to upgrade the room furniture, carpet, lighting and decor. Not very costly but just modern and new. Altogether a memorable experience...

• Stayed August 2013
Naveed Z, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your comments. We are in the process of starting a rooms refurbishment project, hopefully we will be done for your next trip to Miami.
Jacksonville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great hotel and easy to acces location. Liked that it was co-located with a high-rise condominium as it afforded extra on-site dining and amenity options. I didn't have the time to take advantage of much druing my first stay, but I will be back and plan to take advantage of the 'extras' soon.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anne J, glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I hope you were able to get out a little bit and enjoy Miami but thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review. We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!