“Good Location with Easy Access to Highways” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 131 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Location with Easy Access to Highways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel is typical Doubletree with the arrival cookie. Most staff were helpful. Rooms are nice. Shares building with condo development so lots of traffic. Parking as in any city is high$29/day. Great pool AC was very noisy and difficult to control

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
travelling4fun18, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your DoubleTree welcome cookie as well as your stay with us. I hope that you choose to stay with us again for your next trip to Miami.

819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Ledyard, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, room was clean and bedding was comfortable as well. I liked that the shower and sink areas were separate and very nice looking. Only complaint was the a/c was loud and it blew right on to you as you lay on the bed, and obviously I don't know if all the rooms were like that. There was no way to redirect the air flow but other than that it was all good. The lobby area was very nice and has shops, restaurants, a deli good for breakfast and some fast food, bar areas and spirits. If you never went outside you would have everything you needed right within. There is a Publix Supermarket a block away which adds to convenience We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Late review, but my husband and I stayed there on the tail end of our honeymoon last April. We were returning from a Norwegian cruise and decided to stay an extra night and have some fun in Miami. The hotel was easy to get to, check-in was a breeze. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. I like the location because I wanted to be near the beach without paying those prices or dealing with the hassle. A cab over to South Beach was about $15-$20 and the driver gave us some tips about where to go and where to avoid. We were only there one night, but the room was beautiful, clean, and had a great view of the bay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

from check-in to check-out; everything was top notch. we had a very pleasant brief stay; we attended a wedding at the hotel and each and every one of our experiences was 1st class. We would recommend staying here if you need to be near the beach but also want to be downtown without the hassle of the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 for my daughter's spring break. The best part is that there is a free trolley that stops directly across the street from the hotel. It picks up and drops off about every mile. We used this to visit the outdoor market, see a Miami Heat game and go to CVS. We had a rental car to visit to zoo and south beach. I think there were 5 restaurants in the hotel, it boarders with the Marriott and they share a lot of high end stores. The hotel concierge's are very friendly and can tell you all about the area, we purchased tickets for the Everglades and the double decker bus (not topless, inside a/c only) picked up and dropped off right in front of the hotel--the highlight of our visit. We tasted and held alligators. Also sand volleyball court under the lights next door to hotel beautiful area, along with a drive in type of theater about a 25 foot screen, but without cars. First hotel room was a bit dingy, hotel is older, but things around the hotel were top of the line. San Francisco Hilton is the worst that I've ever stayed at it was a two star rating but this (only because of the facility) is probably a 3-star. staff is great, also heated pool and beautiful hot tub. Full time residents also live on the higher floors, so you can only go so high up. Our view was over the dumpster and parking lot on the backside. All and all not bad, but not great...just about average; thus the 3-star "average" rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

At this hotel parking is mandatory valet at $29/night. For that rate the process should be more streamlined and professional. Nobody approached my car upon arrival. I had to get out and find someone to ask to take my keys since we were rushing to a wedding rehearsal. The car was said to take about 15 mins to retrieve and when I went outside to get it, it was just parked on the side of the road, again nobody acknowledging me which meant I had to go track down someone who knew where my keys were... and I had to open my door and turn on my car. For a hotel that has mandatory valet parking, this process should be exceptional since it's the first impression hotel can make. I can tell you, out of all the wedding party and family/friends that stayed at this location, mine is just one of a mound of complaints about the parking service. This brings me to the staff. It is hard to issue a blanket statement about the staff as some were outstanding and lovely. The young woman who checked me in and the one who checked me out were helpful and friendly. There was another young woman who helped me when I was locked out of a room, she was also very courteous. Unfortunately I didn't think to jot down their names but I'm sure they are listed on some documents I have from my stay. My first issue with service came when the bell hop (I believe his name was Alvin?) dropped off our luggage in our room. He stood in the door and in a not-so-nonchalant way, stood there waiting to be tipped. Now, I have worked extensively in the service and hospitality industry and I believe in tipping wholeheartedly. At this time our issue was running late for a rehearsal --which we wound up missing completely-- and the last thing I had time to do was go through the luggage for a tip. He made us feel uncomfortable and defensive and I think that is unacceptable. What we had intended to do, and what we wound up doing, was dropping off his tip with the girls at the front desk on our way out. When we did this, they said they would be happy to give it to the man and we went out to get our car. Once outside we found 'Alvin?' propped up against an exterior wall, smoking a cigarette and on his cell phone. As soon as I saw him I mentioned that I left his tip with the girls at the front desk. This must have upset and confused 'Alvin?' because he mouthed the words 'You Gave it to Who??!?' while shrugging his shoulders and scrunching his forehead in a overly hostile manner, all the while remaining on the phone with lit cigarette in hand. Aside from the bell hop, one housekeeping attendant woke us at 8:55am the next day asking to clean the room. I asked her to come back later and she sighed loudly and walked away without a response. I dont know what the heck she did or if she ever came back at all because the same brown stain on the sheets that we found at our arrival, was still there the next day when we returned from the wedding. No linens were changed. Also, during the wedding we had valuables arranged on a bell cart in the Key Largo Conference/Ballroom. I called and specifically asked for the cart to be moved to my hotel room since all of our purses/gifts/belongings/attire/medications were on this cart and we needed access to it upon return. The front desk assured me they would be moved promptly, but when we got back hours later nothing was in our room and we found the bell cart still in the Key Largo room unattended. Various other one-off requests went on to be ignored but this one was particularly frustrating. Aside from the wedding day mishaps, the woman at the front desk at around 1:30am on Saturday night was also quite unpleasant. I could only describe her as being 'short' with the guests. She had a very stern look on her face and a matter of fact tone while explaining that the pool was out of use... put into perspective she was probably the least of our problems but thats only because the whole hotel lacks professionalism in general. On a separate note, basic items such as pool towels are given at the front desk for some reason...When we asked for them on the way to the pool on Sunday morning, we were told they were out and that they could give us 1 pool towel and 3 bath towels for 5 people. The pool was underwhelming in general and there is no food/towel service anywhere close. Essentially pool service at this hotel is non-existant. One of the umbrellas set up by the hotel knocked over in the wind. The umbrellas are big, bulky and heavy. It hit one of the girls in the wedding party in the head, knocked over food and landed next to a child. We picked it up ourselves, cleaned the mess ourselves, set the umbrella aside and warned guests nearby. This alone could have been a much bigger issue for us as well as a liability issue for the hotel. It was at this point that we decided we had enough and wanted to leave. I had already settled all remaining debts at the hotel but the valet started telling me that various other guests had cars marked as belonging to my room. I still dont fully understand the situation. Some peoples cars were on the list while others weren't, some were only on the bill for a day and others for two days... I was very confused, nobody could explain it to me so I was told to go back inside and handle it. I went back and spoke with a man who I believe was named Glenn. At first he expected me to pay everything that the valet suggested I owed. He made a point to tell me that the valet and hotel were completely separate entities and that this was not something he had control over. After briefly explaining the other various issues we had at the hotel, and assuring him that I understood these circumstances were not his fault, he was kind and comped me a day of parking for one of the cars saving me about $20. .. I will say that the room was spacious and the view was lovely. The location is nice and there were plenty of friendly and helpful staff members but for the price, I'd go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a great choice for those looking for a highest quality property than most found in the area and South Beach. You are within a 7-8 minute drive to South Beach. The rooms are fantastic and quite spacious. The front desk and concierge staff are very helpful and all restaurants on-site are excellent. This property is about a 15 minute drive from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Miami and will definitely stay there the next time I visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!