“First Class Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #45 of 129 hotels in Miami
West Palm Beach, Florida
“First Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

from check-in to check-out; everything was top notch. we had a very pleasant brief stay; we attended a wedding at the hotel and each and every one of our experiences was 1st class. We would recommend staying here if you need to be near the beach but also want to be downtown without the hassle of the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 for my daughter's spring break. The best part is that there is a free trolley that stops directly across the street from the hotel. It picks up and drops off about every mile. We used this to visit the outdoor market, see a Miami Heat game and go to CVS. We had a rental car to visit to zoo and south beach. I think there were 5 restaurants in the hotel, it boarders with the Marriott and they share a lot of high end stores. The hotel concierge's are very friendly and can tell you all about the area, we purchased tickets for the Everglades and the double decker bus (not topless, inside a/c only) picked up and dropped off right in front of the hotel--the highlight of our visit. We tasted and held alligators. Also sand volleyball court under the lights next door to hotel beautiful area, along with a drive in type of theater about a 25 foot screen, but without cars. First hotel room was a bit dingy, hotel is older, but things around the hotel were top of the line. San Francisco Hilton is the worst that I've ever stayed at it was a two star rating but this (only because of the facility) is probably a 3-star. staff is great, also heated pool and beautiful hot tub. Full time residents also live on the higher floors, so you can only go so high up. Our view was over the dumpster and parking lot on the backside. All and all not bad, but not great...just about average; thus the 3-star "average" rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

At this hotel parking is mandatory valet at $29/night. For that rate the process should be more streamlined and professional. Nobody approached my car upon arrival. I had to get out and find someone to ask to take my keys since we were rushing to a wedding rehearsal. The car was said to take about 15 mins to retrieve and when I went outside to get it, it was just parked on the side of the road, again nobody acknowledging me which meant I had to go track down someone who knew where my keys were... and I had to open my door and turn on my car. For a hotel that has mandatory valet parking, this process should be exceptional since it's the first impression hotel can make. I can tell you, out of all the wedding party and family/friends that stayed at this location, mine is just one of a mound of complaints about the parking service. This brings me to the staff. It is hard to issue a blanket statement about the staff as some were outstanding and lovely. The young woman who checked me in and the one who checked me out were helpful and friendly. There was another young woman who helped me when I was locked out of a room, she was also very courteous. Unfortunately I didn't think to jot down their names but I'm sure they are listed on some documents I have from my stay. My first issue with service came when the bell hop (I believe his name was Alvin?) dropped off our luggage in our room. He stood in the door and in a not-so-nonchalant way, stood there waiting to be tipped. Now, I have worked extensively in the service and hospitality industry and I believe in tipping wholeheartedly. At this time our issue was running late for a rehearsal --which we wound up missing completely-- and the last thing I had time to do was go through the luggage for a tip. He made us feel uncomfortable and defensive and I think that is unacceptable. What we had intended to do, and what we wound up doing, was dropping off his tip with the girls at the front desk on our way out. When we did this, they said they would be happy to give it to the man and we went out to get our car. Once outside we found 'Alvin?' propped up against an exterior wall, smoking a cigarette and on his cell phone. As soon as I saw him I mentioned that I left his tip with the girls at the front desk. This must have upset and confused 'Alvin?' because he mouthed the words 'You Gave it to Who??!?' while shrugging his shoulders and scrunching his forehead in a overly hostile manner, all the while remaining on the phone with lit cigarette in hand. Aside from the bell hop, one housekeeping attendant woke us at 8:55am the next day asking to clean the room. I asked her to come back later and she sighed loudly and walked away without a response. I dont know what the heck she did or if she ever came back at all because the same brown stain on the sheets that we found at our arrival, was still there the next day when we returned from the wedding. No linens were changed. Also, during the wedding we had valuables arranged on a bell cart in the Key Largo Conference/Ballroom. I called and specifically asked for the cart to be moved to my hotel room since all of our purses/gifts/belongings/attire/medications were on this cart and we needed access to it upon return. The front desk assured me they would be moved promptly, but when we got back hours later nothing was in our room and we found the bell cart still in the Key Largo room unattended. Various other one-off requests went on to be ignored but this one was particularly frustrating. Aside from the wedding day mishaps, the woman at the front desk at around 1:30am on Saturday night was also quite unpleasant. I could only describe her as being 'short' with the guests. She had a very stern look on her face and a matter of fact tone while explaining that the pool was out of use... put into perspective she was probably the least of our problems but thats only because the whole hotel lacks professionalism in general. On a separate note, basic items such as pool towels are given at the front desk for some reason...When we asked for them on the way to the pool on Sunday morning, we were told they were out and that they could give us 1 pool towel and 3 bath towels for 5 people. The pool was underwhelming in general and there is no food/towel service anywhere close. Essentially pool service at this hotel is non-existant. One of the umbrellas set up by the hotel knocked over in the wind. The umbrellas are big, bulky and heavy. It hit one of the girls in the wedding party in the head, knocked over food and landed next to a child. We picked it up ourselves, cleaned the mess ourselves, set the umbrella aside and warned guests nearby. This alone could have been a much bigger issue for us as well as a liability issue for the hotel. It was at this point that we decided we had enough and wanted to leave. I had already settled all remaining debts at the hotel but the valet started telling me that various other guests had cars marked as belonging to my room. I still dont fully understand the situation. Some peoples cars were on the list while others weren't, some were only on the bill for a day and others for two days... I was very confused, nobody could explain it to me so I was told to go back inside and handle it. I went back and spoke with a man who I believe was named Glenn. At first he expected me to pay everything that the valet suggested I owed. He made a point to tell me that the valet and hotel were completely separate entities and that this was not something he had control over. After briefly explaining the other various issues we had at the hotel, and assuring him that I understood these circumstances were not his fault, he was kind and comped me a day of parking for one of the cars saving me about $20. .. I will say that the room was spacious and the view was lovely. The location is nice and there were plenty of friendly and helpful staff members but for the price, I'd go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a great choice for those looking for a highest quality property than most found in the area and South Beach. You are within a 7-8 minute drive to South Beach. The rooms are fantastic and quite spacious. The front desk and concierge staff are very helpful and all restaurants on-site are excellent. This property is about a 15 minute drive from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Miami and will definitely stay there the next time I visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just spent three days at the Doubletree waiting for a cruise. They have regular hotel rooms and a condominium section as well. My daughter, her husband, my wife and I booked a two bedroom condo and it was wonderful. As a bonus, they upgraded us to a three bedroom condo which was even better. We had a nice large deck with spectacular water views (from the 33rd floor) looking right at the cruise ship terminal. My sister and her husband also stayed at the Hotel, but in a regular hotel room. I figured that by the time you work it all out financially, it's better to pay for the condominium and share it with another couple. You're actually coming out ahead with a much larger room and more amenities. All of us were quite impressed with the level of service and attention, whether in the condo or hotel room. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool if possible. Your deck should stay out of the direct sunlight and be mor...
Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Big C, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed one of the condos with your family before your cruise. We hope that next time you're in Miami that you'll choose to stay with us again.
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed only one night with my family to attend and event in the AA Arena, the location was just perfect, the staff assisted us in informing how take advantage of the transportation system and really helped us get around. The room clean and had a great view of the city. We were able to used the pool for couple of hours before check out, it was nice but since it is in the 10th floor and it was a windy day we were a little cold but enjoyed it anyways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PRlocal#5, very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you as well for taking the time to review the hotel. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay with us, we hope that you'll be back soon.
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

In Miami for a Father/Daughter getaway and picked thid Hotel because of its location. Nothing spectacular. The rooms were shabby and not well cleaned. Staff were courtious but not friendly or knowledgeable about the Hotel or its surroundings. Not a working ice machine on any floor

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary S, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I've forwarded the info to our engineering team regarding the ice machines not working but I do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope next time you're in Miami you'll give us another chance to rectify the issues.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!