“Good value for Miami. Will be back.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #40 of 131 hotels in Miami
Swansea, Wales.
“Good value for Miami. Will be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

2 couples, in our 20's stayed here from Friday 19th April till Monday the 22nd of April, on a quick break from the UK. We booked this hotel while waiting to board our plane at the gate so we didn't have a clue what to expect.
We weren't disappointed. Our room was big, had everything we needed. The bed was comfy. Balcony was huge. When we did arrive there was a used cotton bud left on the bathroom sink, which was disappointing, as i spotted that straight away, so how did the maids not?! But that didn't put us off. The pool was okay, nothing special. We had to walk through the bottom floor of the hotel through to the Marriot just to catch a taxi..The hotel itself was great, the staff on reception were really helpful. There was a supermarket nearby, which was good. We ate one day at a takeaway breakfast cafe, down underneath the hotel. Was horrible, wouldn't go there again.
Best part was seeing the puppy grooming place, loved it!
We didn't get told about the free tram till the last day. It takes you down to Bayside which is full of places to eat and shops, which we went to twice.
South beach is around about a $20 taxi ride away. And the dolphin Mall is too, which isn't bad between 4.
Were planning to return to Miami in July and this will be our number 1 choice of place to stay for the money.
Just

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Katie M, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review the hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed your room and I do apologize for the item that housekeeping missed that was left behind on the counter. I'm glad to hear that you'll be looking to stay with us again for your next trip in July.

819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Green Brook, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip and it was well-located for where I needed to be. The absolutely only thing this hotel really has going for it is its Bay views and easy access to airport and Miami Beach. I was very disappointed with it generally, especially as I had just stayed in a Doubletree in Deerfield Beach where I was very pleasantly surpised by the quality of facilities. I was hoping for the same in Biscayne, but it was not to be. My suite was very spacious, no complaints with size or views. Double-aspect corner room with bay views over marina - beautiful. But East-facing balcony was tiny only just room to fit a chair. The North facing balcony had loungers but no sun and not much view. Best things were the TV (rarely watch TV but this one was HUGE, good picture and BOSE sound unit) and the bed which was also HUGE and very comfy with good bed linens and lots of pillows to choose from. Very quiet. Probably best sleep I have ever had in a hotel anywhere. BUT - agree with other reviewers - room smelt fusty musty and made all my clothes smell bad. All the furniture was very badly battered and old. It needs a renovation. Everything was out of date and worn. Bathtub faucet was hanging out of the wall. Hotel shares lobby with "The Grand" - I think another hotel and/or residential units. No nice lobby. No actual hotel restuarant although we did eat at "Primos" in the lobby which was actually excellent and great service. Some shops available in adjacent area which were useful but also a bit old and eclectic, including a deli/grocery store. Not sure where room service breakfast/lunch came from, but it was very good and beautifully presented. Not too expensive. Overnight parking pricey plus valet tips made it very pricey. It lacks personality and does not seem representative of the Doubletree/Hilton brand. It must be on their list for renovation. I would only stay again because it's located close to where I go on business, but will definitely check out the Marriott before staying here again.

Room Tip: You must get a bay-view room overlooking the marina, preferably with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
msumeray, thank you for your review of the hotel and for staying with us. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the DoubleTree sweet dreams bed as well as the large TV. Sorry to hear that the room was not pleasant smelling, I'm definitely going to speak with my housekeeping department regarding that. At this time we do have plans to renovate the main lobby as well as other areas of the hotel. I do hope that next time you're back in Miami you'll stay with us again to hopefully have a better experience.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed here before cruising the next day out of Miami. It is very close to the cruise terminal. I think we paid $11 for a cab to the port the next day. This Doubletree is in a high rise apartment building. The hallways seem very dingy. There was hair in the shower - that is my #1 pet peeve. The room did have a beautiful view of the water. Downstairs the front desk was very helpful. There is a free trolly that picks up across the street. We took it to Bayside Mall to try and find something for dinner. There is no where to eat close by (no coffee shops either). The mall was crowded and nothing was appealing to eat. We came back and had dinner in the Lobby at Primos - it was actually VERY good. I would try another hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
smileynvp, thank you for choosing to stay with us for your pre cruise night. I apologize for the hair you found in your shower. I've spoken with my housekeeping department about this. I'm not sure if you spoke with the front desk or the concierge but they should've informed you that there are 4 restaurants within the building. There is also a few restaurants located about a block & half north of the hotel. However, thank you again for staying with us and I wish you safe travels in the future.
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Spent 4 days and 3 nights at the DoubleTree Grand Hotel, Biscayne Bay, Miami. My family and I were very happy with the experience, All staff were friendly, welcoming. We felt extremely well taken care of and appreciated for our business. Thank you DoubleTree Grand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
George C, thank you for your review of your stay with us and of course for staying with us. Very happy to hear that you found all of the stuff welcoming and friendly. We always appreciate positive feedback, thank you again and hope that you choose to stay with us for your next trip to Miami.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I only spent one night here, but had a great experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The property was very nice and the view was outstanding. The suite we had was fantastic. Extremely clean and large open spaces. I wish every hotel room I stayed in was this nice. Whenever I am in Miami, this will be my place to stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MLGC20, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and of course for choosing to stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning in the future. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've stayed at many Double Tree/Hilton hotels and this is by far the worst. Everything in the room was completely worn out or broken, and not very clean (The Tub, the AC Power Outlets on the wall, curtains, sliding door to the balcony and faucets, stains and a huge long black hair in the tub).

It also had a terrible musty/wet maybe smokers room smell to it (I asked for non-smoking). The price wasn't bad for the location and it is right next to the American Airlines Arena and Bayside. There are restaurants near by and South Beach is only a 10 minute drive. I had an issue with Wi-Fi and when I called the front desk they weren't very friendly and just transferred me to support only have the line hang up on me twice. The third time I called the the lady that answered the phone just gave me a code to use and that worked.

Valet parking is $29 per day plus tips every time they get your car so it was more like $50 a day. This however is pretty typical of any hotel in the area, more of an FYI to readers. Valet also ranged from 5 mins to get my car to 25 minutes on one occasion.

I would simply not stay here again, not because of price, simply because everything was so dated and it smelled bad. Maybe it was just my room, but either way I expect more from Hilton properties and Double Tree Hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JMGA2012, I love the title of your review, although I actually prefer to use the "Scarface" analogy as its a little more early 80s compared to Don Johnson but kudos for the Don Johnson/Miami Vice connection with your stay. I am sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy your stay. We recently had a pipe burst and flooded a couple areas of the hotel, so I believe thats most likey what caused the musty smell during your stay. Again I do apologize for that. I do appreciate the FYI you described for the valet pricing as its pretty uniform to the Miami area and South Beach especially. Thank you for staying with us and again I do apologize for the issues you experienced while here with us.
Hughesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Me and my wife just came back from a stay at the Double Tree Hilton on Biscayne Bay in Miami, Florida. And let me tell you this was by far the best hotel that I have ever stayed at. The welcoming when we checked in was very warm and friendly and speedy as well. Every time we went by the front desk we greeted with a good morning or a simple hello. The concierge was very helpful during our stay and provided a valuable service to us. We tried to restaurants while we were that were attached to the hotel. The first being Casablanca on the Bay which was amazing (We ate there twice) and the second being Tony Chans on the water, which was bad. Overall we hope to come back as the hotel was amazing and we had a great time, not to mention the views of Biscayne Bay were amazing. For sure 4 stars..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Scott B, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review the hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Very glad to hear that everything went well and that you'll be back in the future. We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!