“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 130 hotels in Miami
Baltimore, Maryland
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I travel quite a bit and am a loyal Hilton Gold customer, soon to be Diamond. I am currently in Miami for work and decided to stay at this hotel ($200/night) which was much cheaper than South Beach. This is the first time I have stayed here. The hotel is adequate if you just need a bed and shower. It looks pretty run down though. I would not choose to come back here for vacation necessarily but again it's fine if you are just looking for somewhere to come back to for a little while on business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
roborant, thank you for your review of the hotel and for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you would choose to stay with us again for your next visit to Miami. We do hear that complaint quite often about the valet parking, unfortunately the parking is outsourced and not owned or managed directly by the hotel so we have very little control over it. However, the prices are competitive with the two closest hotels to us when it comes to valet parking prices.

915 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Perrysburg, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a hotel some condos and I believe residence building. The hotel rooms overlook the service street. It appears to me that the condos overlook the bay and the pool. The pool is located on the 10th floor and is between two large towers - the Hilton on one side and the Marriott on the other side blocking the sun and not offering any view. The building is massive and the lobby and rooms are nice and comfortable. The bed is very comfortable. The pool is large and there are 4 interconnecting hot tubs but there is no place to purchase a water and there are no pools towels etc. It is more like it is a residence pool. I stopped into the pharmacy to purchase a full side tube of tooth paste and a nail polish and my bill was just shy of $18.00. We elected to stay in this hotel because it was less expensive than the other Hilton and my husband is a Gold Hilton Honor Member. Typically we get upgraded to very nice rooms with Hilton but this time we are located on a service street. I am looking for a new hotel that is non-Hilton that is in our budget with a vacation attitude - drinks around the pool and pools towels. Also, this is very far from the beach - again I knew that - but there is nothing in this area to do. Just a bunch of big roads interconnecting. We ate at the restaurant right in the front door for dinner last night and it was very good. We asked the waiter where we could go for an after dinner drink and some fun and he told us there was nothing in this area. We took a cab down to Blue Martini which was very fun but again not in this location.

Room Tip: Request a room with a bay view - not sure there are any but just in case I would make the request
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
bakaufman, sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Regarding some of the issues that you encountered, unfortunately we've been unable to leave pool towels by the pool as they seem to disappear quite ofthen, thats why we put them in the hotel rooms for the guests to bring with them to the pool. Also for the Hilton Honors members like your husband, we provide the bottled water in the hotel rooms as well. It is our standard to upgrade our Hilton Honors members but in some cases during our high season when we're sold out we're unable to provide an upgrade, so I apologize that you didnt receive an upgraded room type. As far as the area restaurants besides the 4 located within the building I would recommend Town Hall which is about a ten minute walk from the hotel as well as a few latin resturants & indian resturant located next door. Lastly, we do have bayview rooms that are fully facing Biscayne Bay but as I mentioned those are usually the first to be booked during our high season dates. Either way, I was you safe travels in the future.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Superb room - friendly and helpful staff - excellent location - excellent food at the restaurant - room had a washer/dryer/stereo/2 flat screens/full kitchen with coffee maker. Security is good but can be a little over zealous if they don't recognize you.

Loved the warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
JonOntario_Canada, thank you for staying with us and for your review of the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our condos as well as enjoying a warm, DoubleTree cookie at check in. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again for your next trip to Miami.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went with my husband and 2 boys (3, 6). The room was decent size and nicely laid out. Hotel had a washing machine and dryer which was extremely handy for us as we spent a week at the hotel and then joined a cruise from Miami for a week.
Hotel was in a perfect location, very close to transport links including the free shuttle link. There's also a shuttle bus that comes everyday to take you to Dolphin Bay for $10 per person round trip -really great value!
The other end of the hotel was on Biscayne Bay so you could see the yachts etc.
There was a shop and a few restaurants on site and as we stayed over Christmas this was really handy as lots of places closed early or were closed. please note that the prices in the shops was the same as european prices so not cheap, overall we found food more expensive in Biscayne Bay.
I would definitely visit this hotel again but this time ask for a bigger suite with a kitchenette.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
h3tna, thank you for spending the holidays with us in Miami. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the amenities within the building. Next time if you're looking for a larger room type we do offer 1 and 2 bedroom condos which each have a full kitchen as well as washer and dryer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Location is really good. Rooms were big and clean. The view was overall great. Iy was close to american airlines arena. Local bus was free and it went just other side of the street. Loation seemed safe and half of the employs were friendly and kind. People at the desk were rude

• Stayed December 2012
Juuliaeve1, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your comments regarding the staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the view from you room and were able to take advantage of some of the local transportation. I hope that you choose to stay with us for your next trip to Miami.
Boothbay, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was my first trip to Miami to attend a conference at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The room block there was full so I made my reservation at the Doubletree which is right next door. What a stroke of luck! When I first opened the door to my room, I was blown away! A large plate glass window revealed a beautiful view of Biscayne Bay and the marina directly below my room. There was a sliding glass door and a private balcony. The room was on the 9th floor and had a commanding view. The room was spacious, and had a small couch, great easy chair, and comfortable bed. There was also a coffee maker and small fridge. Everything was perfect: such as the level of security with a room key required to activiate the elevator to guest level floors, the adjacent corridor with convenient shops and small restaurants, and a connection to the Marriott hotel. A small grocery store sold wine and liquor and snacks. Right across the street was a stop for the free trolly that went to the Bayside waterfront complex with waterfront bistros and shops. The same trolley went to the Mary Bricknell village with even more dining choices! The room was clean and the front desk staff were attentive and welcoming. I invited colleagues to share a drink on my balcony one evening and they all agreed that my room was much better than theirs at the Marriott and theirs cost $40 more per night! I arrived the day before the blizzard and was hoping that flights would be cancelled so I could spend an extra day or two, but flights were back to normal by Sunday, my departure date. The only cure for my disappointment will be to return there some time!

Special thanks to Rachel, the front desk clerk who gave me the room with the great view! I know from the hotel's configuration that some rooms do not have the spectacular waterfront view.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront room, on an upper floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Travelswithlabs, thank you for your great review of the hotel and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments regarding Rachel one of our front desk agents, I'll be sure to pass the comments along to our front office manager. Thank you again and we hope that you'll be back soon to stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great views of the bay and a large room. Seems a bit older but overall a good place to stay. Attended a conference at the Hilton that can be accessed by a sky bridge that links the hotels. Also plenty of places to eat in attached retail space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bill R, glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the conference you were in town attending. We appreciate that you took the time to review the hotel and do hope that you'll choose to stay with us again next trip to Miami.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!