“Excellent Hotel - Excellent Employees.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 115 Hotels in Miami
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Excellent Hotel - Excellent Employees.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel rooms are cool and modern. I recommend the Private Condos which have expectacular views of Bizcayne Bay.

Hotel personnel are great. Just be more cautious with the cleaning of the sliding doors of the balconies. Is my only recommendation to them.

• Stayed November 2012
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
JimmMPR, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. Glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our condos for your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you're in Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Finnish first
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Staff was very nice and bed was very comfortable. There was entertainment by the pool and always something going on. Food was excellent in the Italian restaurant off the lobby as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for a three day seminar that was held at the hotel. Check in was smooth, room was well appointed, well maintained and comfortable.

As other reviewers have mentioned, only four floors of the building are for the hotel. The rest of the property is residential.

Wifi was free and strong and valet parking was $18 a day rather than the posted $29. Not sure if this was due to an arrangement with the seminar provider or not.

Visited one restaurant in the hotel. Typical hotel restaurant, but the bar is outstanding. The "mini-mart" on site is very convenient. They open at 7am for a steam table breakfast assortment for a little under $5. Multiple retail shops are on site as well.

Close to several restaurants of various types and a Publix grocery is only a block or so away.

If you stay here, I'd highly recommend NoVe for some really good sushi.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Location about a mile from American Airlines Arena very convenient if you are in town for a concert or Miami Heat game.

Pool and hot tubs on the 10th floor have a great view of Biscayne Bay. Business center and fitness room on site serve their purposes.

There is a trolley stop right across the street if you need some free transportation to the Bayside Market and other stops. The people mover stop is about a block away.

I'm sure if you were coming to vacation in Miami, you would probably choose a hotel on South Beach, but I would certainly recommend this facility if you wanted to save some money as opposed to higher rates 5 miles away.

For the business trip I was on, it was perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello mgourley, thank you for staying with us and for your review of the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back with us for your next trip to Miami.
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, you can walk to a lot of places. The rooms are cleaned the rate was pretty decent. The staff members are friendly, the only negative to this place is the high priced valet parking. If there was self parking to this hotel it would have been even better. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Trupti T, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Thank you as well for your kind remarks about our staff and I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us.
League City, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently visited for a medical conference and choose this hotel because it was associated with the Hilton brand and I wanted something clean and comfortable. However, I was greatly disappointed to find out that the hotel was outdated, musty and muggy. I am from Houston and am familiar with the humdity that entails; however hotels in Houston know how to cool off and dehumidify the interior of a hotel. This hotel did none of that. It also had some sort of market or so called mall attached to the hotel that was very dirty and shady to say the least. We are Hilton Grand Vacation owners and usually never have an issue with any of the Hilton family hotels that we stay at; however there is always a first.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Amy E, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I apologize for the a/c issues we were having during your stay with us. Our engineering staff works very hard to ensure the proper temperatue at all times but for some reason you had issues, so I do apologize for that. We've spoken with the owner of the market within the building and voiced concerns about the issues that you've mentioned. They promised they'll look into it.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service at this hotel is really lacking. When we complained about our room, the manager did not respond to our requests in a professional manner and was very defensive. The basic rooms are truly basic, no balcony. It is the poor service that brings down the quality of this hotel.

Otherwise, the pool is nice and clean. There is a Publix grocery store nearby, and the rooms have mini fridges. The rooms with a balcony are much, much nicer. They are bigger and allow you to sit on a balcony. If you can, pay for an upgrade to these rooms. The restaurants onsite are good. There's an Italian restaurant with great salads.

There's a great wine bar / restaurant nearby - please see my other reviews. It was the best restaurant we went to while in Miami and it is within a 5 min walk from the hotel.

The Publix serves great cafe con lyches - it's only served to go, but it's cheap and it's really tasty.

There's a bus that takes you to Miami Beach. The bus station is a 2 min walk from the hotel, and the bus was safe, in my trip. It was about $2-3 per trip and takes you directly to the main areas.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a balcony, make sure the room description says it has a balcony!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NancyToronto, thank you for staying with us and for reviewing the hotel. I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. We're actually in the middle of a project to create more balconies for our deluxe rooms which do not have accessible balconies. We're hoping this enhanced feature will help satisfy even more of our guests who want to have a balcony in their rooms. I hope you'll be able to return in the future to experience these new features when the project is completed.
Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am not one to stay in just any hotel in fact I prefer Doubletree Hotels out of all the Hilton brands and they make more than enough money off my family as much as we travel. I love the like home atmosphere they provide. Unfortunately, this one experience with this particular hotel has left a bad taste in my mouth, to say the least.This particular visit, I was not a guest but myself and a few other individuals were VISITORS. The hotels itself is absolutely beautiful and I was extremely excited to visit and celebrate my daughter celebrate her 21st birthday quietly (the hotel didn't provide us a chance to do either) .We were ready to take her out and play a few games. First and foremost, there was no one in the lobby to direct us to the proper place to go up, apparently they were all concocting some BS story about the "noise" complaint they received. Once I found my own way to the Penthouse, I was met in the hallway by a mother who advised me that security had been to the room checking the balcony because they supposedly received a complaint of loud music being played prior to people arriving. THERE WAS NO MUSIC and it was completely quiet. No alcohol was being consumed and no outrageous behavior was displayed. This is why both my husband and I, were remaining in the room.

To make this story short, the front desk manager (Freddy), the building supervisor and the head of security (Hosea) who said nothing the entire hour and a half I was speaking to them, completely and blatantly disrespected not only me but others and lacked professionalism. As I held a respectful conversation with them to trying to find out why they really decided to come to the room, the constantly mumbled under their breath, and looked at their watches as I was speaking to them trying to respectfully resolve the situation which ended up having the authorities called. I advised them several times that although I may look like a child I am an adult and you will speak to me as such and with respect, I even had to tell Freddy that I am quite sure I am older than him, therefore, he needs to respect his elders. We requested the authorities to be called to have an unbiased part in this. While we knew the outcome would that we would be asked to leave, which would've be fine, however the moments before the authorities escorted us out definitely was uncalled for and utterly outrageous. As I was speaking to Freddy he constantly looked at his watch and I called him out on it several times, no apology only a blank simple stare. The head of security assumed that one of the guest spoke Spanish because she looked Spanish and began communicating to her in Spanish. SHE DOESN'T KNOW SPANISH! The last straw was the head of security blatantly disrespecting me sending my husband in a rage the required restraint. I respectfully asked him his name so that i can address him properly and his reply was "I gave my name to the other woman who asked." After I asked the building supervisor the 4th time, what the complaint was and who made it, he said the complaint was taken by security. At which time, I address the head of security as Mr. ...., can you please tell me who made the complaint, his reply was "Did I say there was a complaint?" At this point, their reason for harassing the room became apparent as profiling and fabricating stories to see what was going on in the room. The authorities who were present, noticed the disrespect and definitely understood the reason why things got heated. At this point, my husband who knows I am capable of handling situations such as this, came to the door and told every one to stop talking because he became disgusted with the lack of respect by "professionals" towards me and was not going to allow them to continue to disrespect his wife, especially as I remained as respectful as I could. At this point, the head of security, decided he should speak after and hour of silence, and approached me way to close for comfort and told my husband, she asked a question and i answered and he will not be told to be quiet. Needless, to say that is when my husband required restraint and left me face to face, with an individual who deserved to be put in place. Problems didn't stop there, after i told Freddy that i will not be paying for parking and neither will anyone else, we left and the valet decided he did not want to give our keys to the drivers. He also made comments in Spanish thinking that no one would understand him. Needless to say, once again due to their lack of professionalism, we again had to rectify the situation in a manner that would've been avoided altogether. I HONESTLY THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING MY WEDDING THERE, BUT THE MANNERISM OF MANAGEMENT HAS RUINED THE THOUGHT! If management acts in the manner, I'd hate to see how the employees act. I really do want to return but it definitely won't be for leisure! And I was only a visitor being treated like this.

Room Tip: We has a penthouse suite for a limited time but it was beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
To all Viewers,

I respectfully request that you disregard this review and the inappropriate statements made within. This reviewer was not a registered guest and the registered guests violated our condo agreement which explicity states guests are not to exceed maximum occupancy in the condo units as well as agreeing not to have group gatherings. Please refer to our other reviews (both positive and not so positive) for a more accurate understanding of our hotel and services.