“My favorite hotel in Miami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“My favorite hotel in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

If you can't stay on South Beach, go to the Doubletree Grand. This location is predominantly a condo building, and it has an adjacent (cheesy) retail area. And yes, it's next door to the Marriott. But once you get past all the location issues, the hotel is a fantastic value.

First, the rooms are remodeled nicely. Second, the service is excellent. And third, the views of Biscayne Bay are breathtaking. This hotel is home to my most favorite suite in the county (and I stay in hotels 200+ nights a year) and the largest hot tub I've ever been in.

The corner suite I request, Room 751, has a balcony on both sides (south and east) and overlooks the marina and two causeways to Miami Beach. The pictures tell the story below. I had a lovely king size bed with the wonderful Hilton sheets, a sitting area, a dining room table, AND a working area. The bathroom features marble floors, a separate glass shower, a bidet (who needs that?), and a jacuzzi tub. Awesome.

The room service is excellent and timely. I think you should save a small fortune and stay at the Doubletree. Skip the Omni and and Marriott-- even avoid the snotty Miami Beach scene-- and try this favorite of mine!

If the hotel wants improvement suggestions, I think the hallways are too dark.

Room Tip: Suite 751 -- ask for it. Or one like it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Hi SNoon4056, I want to thank you for being a loyal guest and for the kind review on TripAdvisor. Very happy to hear that you were able to get your favorite room type and that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We are working on improving the lighting in the hallways and hope to have it taken care of sooner than later. Thank you again and hope to have you back with us again soon, safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Finnish first
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

very nice hotel with great customer service, clean rooms, and good food. the meals and drinks were a bit pricey at the restaurant and bar but I would definitely stay there again. Great work staff. The valets, bell men, servers, and front desk clerks were terrific. Special thanks to Gina, Chris, and convention room servers!

Room Tip: KING standard
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Hi Jas W, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to reply on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. We really appreciate the compliments about the hotel and our staff. I've told my director of catering about the specific staff you mentioned in your review. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us soon, safe travels.
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

very hospitable concierge, valet car, also
Room service bad, dirty hallways, internet room in a wilderness empty.
has no place for breakfast, very odd and decadent.
the location is great. They should do a ``retrofit`` all over the place.

Room Tip: another hotel, nearby
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Hi Therezinha, thank you for staying with us. I dont understand your comment about our business center but regarding your other comment about breakfast we do have a restaurant and deli that both provide breakfast. I apologize if you received any misinformation regarding the breakfast outlets. We are in the process of changing soft goods in our hotel rooms and we have recently installed new TV's in the rooms as well. We're hoping to have a full renovation in the near future. Again thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Old hotel with friendly staff. We had 2 problems in our room. I'm a HHonors Diamond member. At the second problem, I informed that we were moving to a different hotel, they changed our room. Please don't go.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Hello Sammy31, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us and we do appreciate the fact that you are a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and stay often within the Hilton family of hotels. If you wouldnt mind, could you please email me at miabs_ds@hilton.com to explain a little more about the issues you had in your hotel room.
Lebanon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Have stayed in several DoubleTree hotels and they are generally okay -- but, this one... a bit of a joke. Stayed there just one night prior to a cruise and would never go back. We finally got a decent room but it took 3 tries as they kept trying to push smoking rooms on us - and they were argumentative. Dining options are poor. The hotel is just so-so. The only favorable aspect is how close it is to the cruise port.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. The Marriott down the road looks better. Be prepared for a long walk to your room...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
West Chester, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed there recently, October 2011 for two nights before a cruise. Nice, typical Doubletree....warn cookies upon arrival, very friendly hotel staff. Very nice large suite with a view. Though the hotel shares a lobby with the Doubletree condos, it was not a problem. There were quiite a few little dogs with their owners, however being a dog lover, I enjoyed the area. There was a very nice shopping area attached with access to a marina. Miami beach and South Beach were a short cab ride away. I have stayed at the Marriott next door for business, so I would say that this is a mixed area of business travelers, vacationers, and residents.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoschton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel once in the past and it is very nice. We are leaving on a cruise for a honeymoon out of Miami in Nov and are staying at this location again. It is a special night for us so I attempted to contact the hotel to see if they could assist me with a few small requests. All I can say is that both the staff and management alike are first class. Within a few hours the manager had gotten back to me with a sincere and helpful attitude. With the assistance of the hotel manager the stay is going to be incredible. I did not even expect to get a response, let alone the helping hand that was offered to make the night better. I truly appreciate the quick response, the assistance, and the overall warm and friendly welcome for our upcoming stay. Its hard to find this type of customer service nowadays. Thank you. We will certainly be back every time we visit Miami.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Hi Martess5, thank you for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor regarding your past stay with us. I'm excited to hear that you that you will staying with us again for your upcoming anniversary. We really appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and hope that you have a great time with us and on your cruise as well.