“Nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132-1180 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Louisville, KY
“Nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here one night before driving down to Key West. Here's what I thought: Parking: You cannot park yourself, you have to valet. It's a little hard to see, but just pull into the driveway and then park in front of the door and valet will greet you. The hotel: Hotel was very modern and nice. People do live in this building so don't be surprised to see lots of people walking their dogs on a leash in the lobby or kids riding their bikes. Check-in: Smooth-no issues (HIlton Points). The room: Had a view of the bay-nice! There were balcony doors in the room, but they do not open. I buzzed the front desk and they said that was just for maintenance, ok then. Fitness room-awesomel!! Not your typical dinky fitness room. Bay area: The bay is the reason I chose this area. I thought there might be a place to walk outside along the bay. There is, BUT there is just a short side walk for people to access their boats. Nothing special. Location: Nothing to do in this area and no place to walk to. If you want to do or see anything cool, you have to drive over to Miami Beach. Overall it's a nice quiet hotel, but I like to be where there is action, so I will probably stay in Miami Beach next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Hi Jeninin, thank you for taking the time to reply and also for the nice review. We're always striving to improve and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We've recently purchased $18,000.00 worth of new gym equipment which has already started to go into the gym. Hopefully you'll be able to come back in the future to experience yourself. Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Staff are extremely friendly and helpful! The room was big, clean and with great views from the balcony! It is not very far from South beach, you can drive if you have hired a car like we did and park at South beach. Parking is not cheap but may be worth it. The hotel is also very close to the downtown bus centre so you can also get a bus to the South beach and save on parking money... A taxi from this hotel to the beach will cost U$$15,00 each way... Parking and breakfast are not included, still we would definitely go back again because we liked the rooms, views from balcony and staff service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cookstown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Overall...this hotel was pretty amazing! The view from the balcony of our bedroom was breathtaking and the pool area was nice and quite clean!

The downside mainly are the locals which the majority are mexicans! dont speak to much english and are quite arrogant to the british! Although Miami is a fantastic city...its only a place where you would go once in your lifetime!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
George Town, Exuma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I arrived at the DoubleTree on Saturday, May 28th, by taxi from MIA. We were graciously greeted by the doorman who immediately took care of handling our luggage.

The front desk personnel promptly checked us in and, to my wife’s delight; we were given two warm chocolate chip cookies, which my wife immediately declared as hers. I was able to get a quick bite and it was delicious.

When we checked into our condo, we noticed that there was a problem with the bathroom light fixture. I called the front desk and a service rep was there to correct the problem about the time I hung up the phone.

We found ALL of the staff (front desk, security, maids, doormen, etc.) to be of very cordial, almost like welcoming us into their own home.

The hotel has numerous amenities, including four restaurants (Tony Chan’s and Primo’s were both fabulous), a deli/grocery/liquor store, dry cleaners, and my wife’s favorite, a beauty salon.

Taxi service was readily available and, so, we didn’t need a car. However, on three days I needed to rent one and there was an Enterprise Leasing Company on site and again the service was excellent. Constantine, the manager, made sure that everything was set for my reservations, and the return service was quite easy.

I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Michal Hunter, one of the DoubleTree Managers, and told him of our very pleasant experience.

All in all, our stay at the DoubleTree Grand Hotel, which went from May 28th through Sunday, June 19th, was excellent.

Ronney & Jim Newman, Bahamas

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed here on a rewards stay with my family for one night on June 14. I was looking for a room with two doubles and a fold-out couch (we had three adults and a 4-year old that sleeps with one of us depending on his mood). Upon making my reservation both the national reservation line AND the hotel reservations desk stated they do not offer a room with a fold-out couch. As a result we ended up paying for an adjacent room. Arrival and check-in was a positive experience as was the room appearance and the hotel did upgrade our rooms to bay view rooms as opposed to the city view rooms normally given for reward stays. Upon getting to the room and checking the couch, it was indeed a fold out, so we ended up paying for an extra room we really didn't need:(
Being in Miami, we were all looking forward to some pool time and maybe a few cocktails while there. We headed straight to the pool assuming we could get drinks and towels there (as with almost any Miami hotel). Neither were available which was disappointing. We later learned that the hotel is part hotel part condominiums therefore we needed to provide our own of each (we didn't think to bring the towels from the room). We ended up calling room service for drinks and after much haggling, they contacted housekeeping for us to bring us all towels- we had already gotten in the pool.
The AC in the rooms is louder than the majority of hotels I've stayed at. The internet was free given I was an Honors member, $9.95 daily otherwise. Parking was $29 daily (pretty standard for Miami hotels).
A big positive was that I forgot my watch in the room. I called two days later and housekeeping had found it! They over-nighted my watch to me at no charge which was above and beyond.
Overall, I would recommend staying at the regular Hilton (1 block away) as they have larger rooms and a full service pool area for the same rates (and for fewer points if you're on a rewards stay).

Room Tip: Ask for a space available view upgrade
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. In town for a bit of work and a bit of vacation. Hotel was wonderful! Very safe and close to everything. We took the free public train to Bayside and did some shopping and had dinner. Awesome place for couples, singles, or families. Upgraded to condo with a huge balcony and most comfortable bed ever! Grabbed the bus just down the street to South Beach. Park just next door for outdoor activities. Loved it and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2011
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I am now a regular at the Doulbetree for business trips. Front desk is extremely friendly and Krystal is sales is amazing!

Restaurant is good and view over marina looking onto Miami is lovely..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!