“Great location (easy to get places), Clean, Comfortable, Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn South at the Falls

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #77 of 129 hotels in Miami
Southport, North Carolina
“Great location (easy to get places), Clean, Comfortable, Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Staff is probably the best feature: Carmen, Lucy, Sandra, (GM) Randall plus the Canine Team Member - handle squirrely, tired, hungry travelers all day (night) long with diplomacy, efficiency,

I stayed here for 3-5 day stretches in October 2011, April - Aug 2012, for a couple of weeks in Sept 2012, and in Dec 2013 (now) for another couple of weeks.

It is my favorite place, for my purposes, to stay. A good balance of value for dollar spent, plus nice facility, well-maintained and kept virtually spotless, even out of doors, by Mainenance and Housekeeping staff throughout the day. Good proximity to MIA, to the Turnpike, to downtown and South Beach, but far enough away to not have the congestion of people, cars, buildings downtown. The Busway has a great bike, running, roller-blading trail in its right of way.

My only improvement: please add variety to the "hot Continental" breakfast. The layout and offerings look, taste, feel, smell *exactly* the same from morning to morning.

Rooms are smoothly functional, Internet signal consistently strong enough for streaming Netflix

I love the pool, how clean it is kept, how it's designed for actual swimming (!), the colorful SCUBA-diving tropical wall mural, the tables, the fresh clean pool towels they keep stacked for us to use.

Keep up the good work! Thank you! Sam - Room 223 (today)

Room Tip: Depends: some people want quiet, some want first-floor, some want upstairs. Tell the desk staff yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I are so thankful to the amazing staff at this hotel. Manager, Randall Cowart, was extremely courtesous, friendly and offered me a fabulous room. The entire staff that I had the pleasure of coming in contact with, was wonderful. Thank you, Carmen & Lucy! My room was spacious & extremely clean. The breakfast was delicious and the dining area was well maintained, as well as the surrounding grounds. We are planning on returning in the spring to this hotel. Thank you again, Randall for exemplary service!

Room Tip: Great place to stay. Clean, friendly, well maintained pool, tasty breakfast, very spacious & com...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We needed a pet friendly hotel, to assist our granddaughters birthday, we only found this one, we had a very bad experience, the front desk clerk was unfriendly, the room was not as clean as expected, but most of all we saw small roaches, in bathroom and in top of counters, very unpleasant experience, thank god we only stayed two nights, we did not complain to the staff, definitely they know the rooms are not clean, will not return. This is the first time in my trips that I write a negative opinion, I am very honest about it.

Room Tip: my advice is dont stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We needed a quick and affordable place to stay and Quality Inn came through for us. Very friendly staff, good continental breakfast and nice swimming pool. Close to several restaurants and plenty of shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have stayed several times at this Quality Inn. The location is great, the staff are very friendly especailly Kevin. He has always been helpful and has taken the time to answer questions for us. We will be staying at this location again in January. Even though it is on a busy street, we have never had any problems with noise. I would certainly recommend this Quality Inn.

Room Tip: We have been happy with the rooms we have stayed in. We do like the lower level rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rineyville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

WOW, What an experience. I had a load to take me south to Miami Fl and decided to take the ole lady. Thought we would shut down for the weekend,chose this hotel to stay 3 nights because it was close to my delivery location and was pet friendly with 10 dollar fee. Used my choice reward points for the first night which cost me 16,000 points. Which it was worth maybe 8,000 points. Payed for other two night out of pocket. Upon checking in they informed me they upgraded my room yet it had no microwave or fridge they offered to bring them to my room for an additional fee the NEXT night. They give you meal tickets for breakfast which I was given only one ticket didn't think anything of it until the next morning when the boy at breakfast informed me that one ticket allowed one of us to eat so like school kids we had to go see the the lunch lady to get another meal ticket in order for both of us to eat breakfast together. At that time I informed the asst manager that I had killed a roach on the bathroom sink. Did'nt seem to phase her she did'nt believe us. The cleaning staff, however friendly very noisey when making their rounds.Day two- Woke up first think in the morning had baby roach in drink cup next to bed and a adult roach climbing up the wall next to headboard, caught the roaches in cup and took to front desk to same asst manager while getting more breakfast tickets. Apparently she finally believed us about the roaches and offered to move us to another room. Two double beds from a king. Isn't that nice for a couple who is trying to have a weekend get away? This room however did included mic and fridge as well as leaking faucet above them. The original room had loose faucet, the water tank on the toilet was loose and ready to fall off. The water temp in both rooms was very spurratic. Would not recommend this location to anyone looking for a clean,funcationg,respectable,romantic time together. But the pool area was nice. I am a frequent stayer with Choice Hotels.

• Stayed November 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is friendly, the hotel and property are well maintained, clean, and in a safe area. The location is excellent and is walking distance to shopping and a variety of resturaunts. I would recommend the Quality Inn for a no nonsense inexpensive stay in south Miami.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!