“Two Night stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 130 hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Two Night stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We needed a pet friendly hotel, to assist our granddaughters birthday, we only found this one, we had a very bad experience, the front desk clerk was unfriendly, the room was not as clean as expected, but most of all we saw small roaches, in bathroom and in top of counters, very unpleasant experience, thank god we only stayed two nights, we did not complain to the staff, definitely they know the rooms are not clean, will not return. This is the first time in my trips that I write a negative opinion, I am very honest about it.

Room Tip: my advice is dont stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We needed a quick and affordable place to stay and Quality Inn came through for us. Very friendly staff, good continental breakfast and nice swimming pool. Close to several restaurants and plenty of shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have stayed several times at this Quality Inn. The location is great, the staff are very friendly especailly Kevin. He has always been helpful and has taken the time to answer questions for us. We will be staying at this location again in January. Even though it is on a busy street, we have never had any problems with noise. I would certainly recommend this Quality Inn.

Room Tip: We have been happy with the rooms we have stayed in. We do like the lower level rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rineyville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

WOW, What an experience. I had a load to take me south to Miami Fl and decided to take the ole lady. Thought we would shut down for the weekend,chose this hotel to stay 3 nights because it was close to my delivery location and was pet friendly with 10 dollar fee. Used my choice reward points for the first night which cost me 16,000 points. Which it was worth maybe 8,000 points. Payed for other two night out of pocket. Upon checking in they informed me they upgraded my room yet it had no microwave or fridge they offered to bring them to my room for an additional fee the NEXT night. They give you meal tickets for breakfast which I was given only one ticket didn't think anything of it until the next morning when the boy at breakfast informed me that one ticket allowed one of us to eat so like school kids we had to go see the the lunch lady to get another meal ticket in order for both of us to eat breakfast together. At that time I informed the asst manager that I had killed a roach on the bathroom sink. Did'nt seem to phase her she did'nt believe us. The cleaning staff, however friendly very noisey when making their rounds.Day two- Woke up first think in the morning had baby roach in drink cup next to bed and a adult roach climbing up the wall next to headboard, caught the roaches in cup and took to front desk to same asst manager while getting more breakfast tickets. Apparently she finally believed us about the roaches and offered to move us to another room. Two double beds from a king. Isn't that nice for a couple who is trying to have a weekend get away? This room however did included mic and fridge as well as leaking faucet above them. The original room had loose faucet, the water tank on the toilet was loose and ready to fall off. The water temp in both rooms was very spurratic. Would not recommend this location to anyone looking for a clean,funcationg,respectable,romantic time together. But the pool area was nice. I am a frequent stayer with Choice Hotels.

• Stayed November 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is friendly, the hotel and property are well maintained, clean, and in a safe area. The location is excellent and is walking distance to shopping and a variety of resturaunts. I would recommend the Quality Inn for a no nonsense inexpensive stay in south Miami.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I drove across the coast wit my dog. It was her first time staying in a hotel. The staff was understanding when I requested a room with no neighbors because my dog might bark. The room was for that price GREAT. Big fridge. Microwave. The HOTTEST shower I have had in a while. Beds were clean. I inspect EVERYTHING. A.C. was functioning perfect. The complimentary breakfast in the morning has a big variety. I was happy with the food. The staff. This is NOT the Ritz. This is a safe, well maintained, and pet friendly place. I will stay again.
OH: As a person who does "inspect" rooms. I watched the cleaning ladies clean after I left the room. The removed all blankets and vacuumed thoroughly. Nice to see after you stay with your pet:)

Room Tip: I have stayed here several time's before. The staff has NO PROBLEM with allowing people to "...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a place close to the Keys for a day trip and 2 night stay. We had a nonsmoking room next to the pool. It was clean and smelled fresh. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Scrambled eggs. Sausage or bacon. All the accompaniments were sufficient. If you want a darker room at night I would not stay by the pool as the lights are on all night and the curtains are not sufficient. Overall a nice clean quiet place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!