“Nice place for our 2 night stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #83 of 131 hotels in Miami
“Nice place for our 2 night stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a place close to the Keys for a day trip and 2 night stay. We had a nonsmoking room next to the pool. It was clean and smelled fresh. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Scrambled eggs. Sausage or bacon. All the accompaniments were sufficient. If you want a darker room at night I would not stay by the pool as the lights are on all night and the curtains are not sufficient. Overall a nice clean quiet place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Gatos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here in Feb of '13. During our stay, my daughter left an iPad in the room. Someone who had a room key broke in while we were away and stole her iPad and an iPhone charger. The lock was not tampered with, so it was definitely an employee. The manager told us we had to file a police report, which we did. The manager also told us the hotel's insurance would reimburse us for the loss since it was the hotel staff member that committed the theft. We have yet to receive any money and the manager will not return our calls. Beware!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were quite comfortable in our room at this Quality Inn. Good hot breafast-- eggs sausage plus the usual fare. Good coffee-- our check in was smooth-- witth a warm and friendly staff. The price was right. There is an excellent Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. In fact that's where they serve the breakfast. I'd recommend the hotel. Not a luxury Inn but nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The excellent staff at this location made our stay worth it. I was there for a college reunion and the time we spent here was fabulous. Thank you to every single person that made our stay enjoyable. Thanks you So Much

Millie Dee

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saginaw, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel post-cruise so we could visit Everglades National Park. Location was great and the people were very pleasant. The room was so outdated that I don't even know where to start. There were many things in disrepair including the toilet. I must say that everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The cooling/heating system was your standard older noisy unit but that didn't really bother us and we slept good. We did eat the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. The meal was excellent but the service was horrible. We pretty much were invisible to the staff, especially the water, except for one nice young busboy that was kind enough to fill our water glasses. I would highly recommend avoiding this restaurant despite the good food. We did not feel unsafe in the area, but we really only spent the night and didn't go far from the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the smoking rooms. We did not smell any smoke in our room at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed back in 2009 was we where impressed, so we decided to stay one night on our way to Key West what a mistake, the place is exactly the same as it was 4 years ago, the only problem is it is getting run down, nothing has been done to the place in 4 years, no paint no upgrades nothing, When we asked the gentleman at the front desk about a great restaurant called Captains Tavern he told us he never heard of the place, once we were in our room I checked the Info book that is supplied by the hotel and in side the book was Captain's Tavern listed, I then told that person that I found the restaurant in their book and his rely was "I never look in those books'. Hotel needs a upgrade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I ended up here after buying three nights without knowing where the hotel was. I did this because my usual places were unavailable at short notice. I was pleasantly surprised for the value and the accommodations were good. I was too close to South Dixie for my liking but this did not disturb the quality of sleep. What was a it of a nuisance was the diesel truck the guy next door started up at 6 am and let run for a half hour. Still the place warranted a return visit to see how the rooms at the back would stack up. The Internet was fairly high speed and allowed me to watch Netflix. I would recommend it to those who need to be in the general area of the Falls to save on driving time. Short drive to Dadeland and to Southland as well as being close to Brandsmart.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!