“Quality Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Fort Worth, Texas
“Quality Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The excellent staff at this location made our stay worth it. I was there for a college reunion and the time we spent here was fabulous. Thank you to every single person that made our stay enjoyable. Thanks you So Much

Millie Dee

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
QualityInnMiami, General Manager at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Millie, Thank you for your recent review of our property. We love hearing feedback from our guests, and we're so happy we have exceeded your expectations with you recent stay! Thank you for your honest opinion of our hotel, and we look forward to having you back again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saginaw, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel post-cruise so we could visit Everglades National Park. Location was great and the people were very pleasant. The room was so outdated that I don't even know where to start. There were many things in disrepair including the toilet. I must say that everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The cooling/heating system was your standard older noisy unit but that didn't really bother us and we slept good. We did eat the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. The meal was excellent but the service was horrible. We pretty much were invisible to the staff, especially the water, except for one nice young busboy that was kind enough to fill our water glasses. I would highly recommend avoiding this restaurant despite the good food. We did not feel unsafe in the area, but we really only spent the night and didn't go far from the hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the smoking rooms. We did not smell any smoke in our room at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your recent review of our property, as we always encourage guest feedback. It's how we've maintained a wonderful reputation over the past 42 years at this location. All our rooms have been upgraded with LCD Samsung flat-screen TVs as well as upgrades to the fixtures and paint. All our rooms feature individual A/C units so guests can relax in their desired temperature, and we're sorry yours was being noisy when cooling down the Miami heat that starts in April. I've also addressed your concerns with our onsite Italian restaurant, which does get quite busy during the evenings due to its wonderful food. You'll be happy to know that they have hired 4 additional servers to ensure all guests receive the utmost level of service during their meals. We hope to welcome you back to enjoy these upgraded features at our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.
ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed back in 2009 was we where impressed, so we decided to stay one night on our way to Key West what a mistake, the place is exactly the same as it was 4 years ago, the only problem is it is getting run down, nothing has been done to the place in 4 years, no paint no upgrades nothing, When we asked the gentleman at the front desk about a great restaurant called Captains Tavern he told us he never heard of the place, once we were in our room I checked the Info book that is supplied by the hotel and in side the book was Captain's Tavern listed, I then told that person that I found the restaurant in their book and his rely was "I never look in those books'. Hotel needs a upgrade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank your for your recent review of our property, and we're glad you were able to return to stay with us again. I've personally gone ahead and given all of our front desk employees a full course on the great restaurant options surrounding our property so they can make even better recommendations for our guests. There are over 100+ restaurants within 5 miles of our hotel, and Captain's Tavern is definitely one of the more delicious and fancy ones. We're sorry that our front desk wasn't able to confirm its location for you. You'll also be happy to know that we've since painted our entire property, and installed flat-screen LCD Samsung TVs in all our rooms. We hope to welcome you back to enjoy these upgraded amenities.
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I ended up here after buying three nights without knowing where the hotel was. I did this because my usual places were unavailable at short notice. I was pleasantly surprised for the value and the accommodations were good. I was too close to South Dixie for my liking but this did not disturb the quality of sleep. What was a it of a nuisance was the diesel truck the guy next door started up at 6 am and let run for a half hour. Still the place warranted a return visit to see how the rooms at the back would stack up. The Internet was fairly high speed and allowed me to watch Netflix. I would recommend it to those who need to be in the general area of the Falls to save on driving time. Short drive to Dadeland and to Southland as well as being close to Brandsmart.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, especially from our return guests! Our hotel is centrally located on US-1 between all of Miami's premiere shopping destinations, including the lovely Falls Shopping Center with its outdoor waterfalls and renown boutiques and department stores. We're glad our property was suitable for your needs, and we look forward to having you again in the future!
Mayaguez
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business. Front desk people are all very friendly and helpful. If you are very picky about little details (paint, furniture, etc.) this is not a hotel for you. Otherwise, I recommend it. It has several places to eat within walking distance. There is an Italian restaurant attached to the hotel but I was denied access because I was alone and it was not good for business (there were two booths available). This is terrible customer and business service. Be aware that the hotel has no control over the restaurant. There is another Italian restaurant in the shopping center next to the hotel (Papa Ricco’s) that serves good food. It is a 3-min walk from the hotel. There is also an oriental restaurant, a McDonalds, and a bakery in same shopping center. I’m a jogger and one of the reasons I stay at this hotel is that there are very nice and safe places to jog nearby. Surrounding neighborhoods have wide sidewalks to jog and there is a nice park nearby with walking/jogging trails, restrooms, etc. The hotel offers free wireless but during this stay I had a hard time getting connected to the network several times. The hotel should make an effort to improve this service. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for your honest and detailed review of our property. The Italian restaurant onsite usually does a wonderful job for our guests, and we're sorry your recent experience was not to your satisfaction. The restaurant does close at 10:30pm, and offers room service with no delivery charge to all our guests who are unable to secure a table. I'll personally address your concerns with the restaurant manager to ensure that all guests continue to be treated with the utmost courtesy. We're glad you were able to take advantage of the lovely Coral Reef Park located just a few minutes walking distance from our property, as well as some of the 100+ restaurants located within 5 miles of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
kirkton ont can
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The light above the sink didn't work therefore in order to have light of any kind had to have bathroom light on. The fan was so loud in the bathroom it was annoying. I told front desk about light when first there but maintence was gone for the day. Upon checkout told them to add fan to list and the man behind desk just laughed because I said the fan was niosey. Also they wouldn't let us use a coupon against our room from the coupon book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We're sorry your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations. We do offer maintenance 24 hours per day and thank you for notifying us about having to change the lightbulb in your bathroom. Our bathrooms do offer exhaust fans for our guests' convenience, and we're sorry yours was acting noisy. We gladly switch rooms for any guests whose experience is not up to our standards. I will discuss your experience with our staff to remind them that guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. We hope to welcome you back in the future at our hotel, and you're welcome to bring any valid coupon currently offered.
Homer Glen, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I paid $108.00 with tax which I think was a little high. It's an overnight stay hotel. I don't have anything good or bad to say about it other than it was clean and safe.
The restauraunt attached to the hotel has great Italian food, I recommend that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review of our property. Our rates are governed by our franchise agreement with Choice Hotels International, and they do tend to increase during February, Miami's busiest month for events, weather, tourism, etc. Thanks also for your praise about our onsite Italian restaurant, which we are very proud to have on our property for our guests. We hope to welcome you back in the future for another stay in the Miami area.

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!