“What a let down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 112 Hotels in Miami
ontario
“What a let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed back in 2009 was we where impressed, so we decided to stay one night on our way to Key West what a mistake, the place is exactly the same as it was 4 years ago, the only problem is it is getting run down, nothing has been done to the place in 4 years, no paint no upgrades nothing, When we asked the gentleman at the front desk about a great restaurant called Captains Tavern he told us he never heard of the place, once we were in our room I checked the Info book that is supplied by the hotel and in side the book was Captain's Tavern listed, I then told that person that I found the restaurant in their book and his rely was "I never look in those books'. Hotel needs a upgrade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnMiami, General Manager at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank your for your recent review of our property, and we're glad you were able to return to stay with us again. I've personally gone ahead and given all of our front desk employees a full course on the great restaurant options surrounding our property so they can make even better recommendations for our guests. There are over 100+ restaurants within 5 miles of our hotel, and Captain's Tavern is definitely one of the more delicious and fancy ones. We're sorry that our front desk wasn't able to confirm its location for you. You'll also be happy to know that we've since painted our entire property, and installed flat-screen LCD Samsung TVs in all our rooms. We hope to welcome you back to enjoy these upgraded amenities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I ended up here after buying three nights without knowing where the hotel was. I did this because my usual places were unavailable at short notice. I was pleasantly surprised for the value and the accommodations were good. I was too close to South Dixie for my liking but this did not disturb the quality of sleep. What was a it of a nuisance was the diesel truck the guy next door started up at 6 am and let run for a half hour. Still the place warranted a return visit to see how the rooms at the back would stack up. The Internet was fairly high speed and allowed me to watch Netflix. I would recommend it to those who need to be in the general area of the Falls to save on driving time. Short drive to Dadeland and to Southland as well as being close to Brandsmart.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, especially from our return guests! Our hotel is centrally located on US-1 between all of Miami's premiere shopping destinations, including the lovely Falls Shopping Center with its outdoor waterfalls and renown boutiques and department stores. We're glad our property was suitable for your needs, and we look forward to having you again in the future!
Mayaguez
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business. Front desk people are all very friendly and helpful. If you are very picky about little details (paint, furniture, etc.) this is not a hotel for you. Otherwise, I recommend it. It has several places to eat within walking distance. There is an Italian restaurant attached to the hotel but I was denied access because I was alone and it was not good for business (there were two booths available). This is terrible customer and business service. Be aware that the hotel has no control over the restaurant. There is another Italian restaurant in the shopping center next to the hotel (Papa Ricco’s) that serves good food. It is a 3-min walk from the hotel. There is also an oriental restaurant, a McDonalds, and a bakery in same shopping center. I’m a jogger and one of the reasons I stay at this hotel is that there are very nice and safe places to jog nearby. Surrounding neighborhoods have wide sidewalks to jog and there is a nice park nearby with walking/jogging trails, restrooms, etc. The hotel offers free wireless but during this stay I had a hard time getting connected to the network several times. The hotel should make an effort to improve this service. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for your honest and detailed review of our property. The Italian restaurant onsite usually does a wonderful job for our guests, and we're sorry your recent experience was not to your satisfaction. The restaurant does close at 10:30pm, and offers room service with no delivery charge to all our guests who are unable to secure a table. I'll personally address your concerns with the restaurant manager to ensure that all guests continue to be treated with the utmost courtesy. We're glad you were able to take advantage of the lovely Coral Reef Park located just a few minutes walking distance from our property, as well as some of the 100+ restaurants located within 5 miles of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
kirkton ont can
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The light above the sink didn't work therefore in order to have light of any kind had to have bathroom light on. The fan was so loud in the bathroom it was annoying. I told front desk about light when first there but maintence was gone for the day. Upon checkout told them to add fan to list and the man behind desk just laughed because I said the fan was niosey. Also they wouldn't let us use a coupon against our room from the coupon book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We're sorry your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations. We do offer maintenance 24 hours per day and thank you for notifying us about having to change the lightbulb in your bathroom. Our bathrooms do offer exhaust fans for our guests' convenience, and we're sorry yours was acting noisy. We gladly switch rooms for any guests whose experience is not up to our standards. I will discuss your experience with our staff to remind them that guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. We hope to welcome you back in the future at our hotel, and you're welcome to bring any valid coupon currently offered.
Homer Glen, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I paid $108.00 with tax which I think was a little high. It's an overnight stay hotel. I don't have anything good or bad to say about it other than it was clean and safe.
The restauraunt attached to the hotel has great Italian food, I recommend that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review of our property. Our rates are governed by our franchise agreement with Choice Hotels International, and they do tend to increase during February, Miami's busiest month for events, weather, tourism, etc. Thanks also for your praise about our onsite Italian restaurant, which we are very proud to have on our property for our guests. We hope to welcome you back in the future for another stay in the Miami area.
Charleston SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I figured how bad could a quality Inn be on a trip to the keys. Coming off a long drive from Disney World after dark, I was happy to find the hotel. But I realized that this was not the type of chain hotel I was used to. I was directed around the back of the hotel to a corner room. Next to my parking spot was a chain link fence separating the motel from a grocery store. In a corridor running behind my room a washer and dryer was set up where two men were doing laundry. I am a female senior traveling alone. I grabbed my suitcase and locked myself in for the night. Unfortunately, my corner of the hotel seemed to be the smoking corner (for people doing laundry?) so there were voices outside well into the night. When picking a hotel, I always make sure they have free WiFi. They were supposed to but I could not maintain a connection long enough to send my family their nightly e-mail. Very frustrating. Basically, it was a not very nice room, in a not so great neighborhood that made me uncomfortable. I did not stick around for the free breakfast but waded through the cigarette butts and headed down the road before dawn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We're sorry the WiFI wasn't to your liking during your recent stay with us, as we gladly switch rooms for any guests experiencing difficulty with any aspect of their stay. We are constantly upgrading our free WIFi service and have even streamlined the login process so guests can get online quicker and easier than ever before. We strive to serve all our guests' needs, and we regret that you weren't pleased with two men doing laundry and our property being adjacent to the area's largest grocery store / 24 Hour CVS. We hope our location in one of Miami's friendliest and safest suburbs (Pinecrest/Palmetto Bay) serves as a benefit to our guests, and we're sorry you were unable to take advantage of them during your stay. Please contact us at 305.251.2000 at any time to discuss your stay in further detail, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We found this property using a coupon magazine picked up at a tourist spot. The coupon was honored. Quick checkin. We offered room with 2 queens beds for same price but turned it down for a single bed. No sense wasting extra bed which could be sold to someone else

There is an Italian restaurant adjacent to the property plus a pub. We had dinner the restaurant and recommend it.

Our only problem was the stingy wifi policy. The clerks offered the access code at checkin. I immediately logged on using my iPad. But when my wife tried to log on using our laptop we received a message that the account had already been used. I logged off the iPad but received the same message. A visit to the front office cheerfully resulted in a 2nd user id.

I needed to send some reports, each about 1 meg in size. Was unable to send these in spite of several attempts. Finally walked over to the McDonalds next door where my reports sailed out at light speed on their free WiFi.

Liked the hotel, friendly operators, nice room, only wifi was lacking.

Room Tip: We were in RM 115 on the backside beside the hallway. Parked right outside. Was quiet and convenient