“OK place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 129 hotels in Miami
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
“OK place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I ended up here after buying three nights without knowing where the hotel was. I did this because my usual places were unavailable at short notice. I was pleasantly surprised for the value and the accommodations were good. I was too close to South Dixie for my liking but this did not disturb the quality of sleep. What was a it of a nuisance was the diesel truck the guy next door started up at 6 am and let run for a half hour. Still the place warranted a return visit to see how the rooms at the back would stack up. The Internet was fairly high speed and allowed me to watch Netflix. I would recommend it to those who need to be in the general area of the Falls to save on driving time. Short drive to Dadeland and to Southland as well as being close to Brandsmart.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

First of all there is nothing quality about this place! I got a non smoking room that had a stale smoke odor... Stains on the rug.. Disgusting dirty microwave. People were bopping around room to room and it became clear they were actually living there as tho it was a apartment building! Upon sitting on the bed after I pulled the top comforter off a bug came crawling out!!! I googled the bug and it became clear it was obviously a bed bug.. I also looked up reviews on the quality inn and I found other reviews of there being previous incidents of bed bugs. I brought the bed bug in a tissue to the front desk.. Although the lady was very nice and kept apologizing, an apology was all i got. Needless to say I grabbed my bag and went and stayed at a hotel down the block... I was not chancing it at this disgusting NON Quality inn!

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

As I was removing bags, noticed homeless drug seekers seeking smack. Dining area stinks during breakfast. Eggs are powdered. Tried to make me spend xtra fee for smoking room. Should be 1 STAR; Recommended by only 45 percent of Hotwire customers...

• Stayed March 2013
Mayaguez
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business. Front desk people are all very friendly and helpful. If you are very picky about little details (paint, furniture, etc.) this is not a hotel for you. Otherwise, I recommend it. It has several places to eat within walking distance. There is an Italian restaurant attached to the hotel but I was denied access because I was alone and it was not good for business (there were two booths available). This is terrible customer and business service. Be aware that the hotel has no control over the restaurant. There is another Italian restaurant in the shopping center next to the hotel (Papa Ricco’s) that serves good food. It is a 3-min walk from the hotel. There is also an oriental restaurant, a McDonalds, and a bakery in same shopping center. I’m a jogger and one of the reasons I stay at this hotel is that there are very nice and safe places to jog nearby. Surrounding neighborhoods have wide sidewalks to jog and there is a nice park nearby with walking/jogging trails, restrooms, etc. The hotel offers free wireless but during this stay I had a hard time getting connected to the network several times. The hotel should make an effort to improve this service. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kirkton ont can
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The light above the sink didn't work therefore in order to have light of any kind had to have bathroom light on. The fan was so loud in the bathroom it was annoying. I told front desk about light when first there but maintence was gone for the day. Upon checkout told them to add fan to list and the man behind desk just laughed because I said the fan was niosey. Also they wouldn't let us use a coupon against our room from the coupon book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Homer Glen, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I paid $108.00 with tax which I think was a little high. It's an overnight stay hotel. I don't have anything good or bad to say about it other than it was clean and safe.
The restauraunt attached to the hotel has great Italian food, I recommend that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I figured how bad could a quality Inn be on a trip to the keys. Coming off a long drive from Disney World after dark, I was happy to find the hotel. But I realized that this was not the type of chain hotel I was used to. I was directed around the back of the hotel to a corner room. Next to my parking spot was a chain link fence separating the motel from a grocery store. In a corridor running behind my room a washer and dryer was set up where two men were doing laundry. I am a female senior traveling alone. I grabbed my suitcase and locked myself in for the night. Unfortunately, my corner of the hotel seemed to be the smoking corner (for people doing laundry?) so there were voices outside well into the night. When picking a hotel, I always make sure they have free WiFi. They were supposed to but I could not maintain a connection long enough to send my family their nightly e-mail. Very frustrating. Basically, it was a not very nice room, in a not so great neighborhood that made me uncomfortable. I did not stick around for the free breakfast but waded through the cigarette butts and headed down the road before dawn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!