“Great bang for the buck” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #73 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Boston, MA
“Great bang for the buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

Had no problems at the place. Very well kept and service is great. Breakfast may not be all that, but that didn't bother me too much.

Comfortable and clean rooms, friendly service and safe area. Good access to Biscayne blvd, florida turnpike, etc.

• Liked — Good price and not too bad area
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

Its a nice hotel. Its the only hotel I was able to find at the last minute. Once you pass this hotel (heading south) there are no other hotels around that I was able to find.

Once I got here, I was quite impressed. It looked clean and taken care of. The room was comfortable and very clean. You have a TV, coffee maker, blow dryer, safe, iron and ironing board. However, there was no microwave or fridge in my room (Rm 203). But that was ok since all I was doing was spending one night here for a business trip. The furniture in the room was very nice and it matched. The AC worked too well. Restaurants and other stores were right next door. There's a pretty good Cantonese restaurant in the strip mall next door. Plates ranged from $10-$15 on average. Not sure if the hotel had a pool or excercise room since I didn't have time for that - I was only here to sleep. The area looks safe and ok. The rate I paid was $98 for a single. Still, it beats paying the same rate for a similiar hotel in a ghetto or paying the average $179 elsewhere in the Miami area.

My only complaint was that the wireless internet kept booting me off every few minutes. Eventually I gave up. The young lady at the front desk was of no help but then if I can't fix my internet problem(s), then I don't expect hotel employees to know how to fix it either.

• Liked — clean room and nice neighborhood
  • Disliked — terrible internet provider - kept losing my connection
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BROOKLYN,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

I was given the room right next to road. The room had a rotten mildew musky smell. My clothers reaked for days after I left. It is much smaller than in the pictures. We only had two small bags, but we were still tripping over our stuff. The room cleanliness was average. The bathroom was full of mildew. There was a strange black spot on the floor near the bowl. Noisy, Noisy, Noisy! It is a stones throw away from Rt. 1so it is extremely noisy. There is a Harley Davidson dealer down the road so you will hear the bikers driving by all day and night. This is not a typical florida motel with a decent size piece of land. Everything is very cramped. Ok so I read the reviews that the pool area is nice. Well it is decent but has very little landscaping. The biggest problem with the pool was not the pool . It was the smell of the garbage dump nearby! It reaked so bad that I had to get out of the pool after a few minutes. This hotel is very far from south beach. At night you can get there in 25 minutes. Daytime 45-1hour if during rush hour. I originally booked for 5 nights i was out of there in 3 nights. I got a much better hotel for half the price using hotwire for the rest of my trip!!

• Liked — It was close to the highway so I could leave it as soon as possible.
  • Disliked — Mold!!!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

My son and I stayed here before and after our cruise Super Bowl weekend. The rooms were clean and it is located in a safe neighborhood. Restaurants and a grocery store are within walking distance. We got to the hotel from our cruise at 8am and it was no problem for us to check in that early. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. While we didnt use the pool (it was rainy), it was clean and the pool area was nice. I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

Stayed with 2 friends after a late flight, so only used it for sleeping. Quiet, residential neighborhood with nearby shopping, food, etc.

The room was cramped for 3 people. It could use a remodeling - carpets worn & a bit musky. One of the guys saw a cockroach in the bathroom, but I didn't see any. Not totally surprising, as it's in Miami. Parking seem limited (but we arrived late). Pool area looked nice, but we didn't try it out.

I got a decent night's sleep, but I wouldn't want to stay longer than 1 night.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2005

The outside appearance of the Quality Inn South at the Falls very very nice, but our room needed a thorough cleaning and considerable maintenance work to bring it up to a reasonable standard. On the plus side, the staff was reasonably helpful, and the pool area was very good.

• Stayed December 2005
Bedford, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

My wife and I and our 3 grandchildren stayed here on April 10th. The price was reasonable (especially with a Choice Hotels over 60 discount). The children liked the pool. The water was warm (which was not true everywere). The rooms were nice. The person behind the desk was not overly friendly, but that was a minor issue. One reason we stayed there was because we were planning to go to the Metro Zoo and to the Fairchild Tropical Gardens on the following day, and the hotel is reasonably close to both of them.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!