“unbelievable and will come back” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #76 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“unbelievable and will come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I needed a place to stay while they were repairing my apartment. I live near by, The mamager was very helpful and sincere. The room is clean and near the pool . They provide a light free breakfast which at least will hold you over. The staff is amazing, friendly, pleasant and helpful! House keeping is daily and vey efficient! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! If you need a place to stay while in S. MIami ! Great Service, clean rooms. quiet, pet friendly, ok breakfast, restaurant and bar for dinner. Nice pool. Close to shopping and other restaurants!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
QualityInnMiami, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are so happy you were able to enjoy all that our hotel and surrounding area has to offer. Our complimentary breakfast is a great way to start your day exploring the attractions, shopping centers and restaurants just outside our doors. Thank you for your compliments of our managers and staff. Many guests are surprised at the quality and level of customer service they receive at our property, and we enjoy exceeding our guests' expectations at all levels. We look forward to hosting you again if your local needs require an "unbelievable" hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

we reached at 2.45am late night after work and 6 hrs drive.Tired and expecting to find the hotel, we called the hotel for directions. The front desk was not able to guide us right to the hotel inspite of the fact we were so close and had to go in circles.Anyway after waiting on the lobby and getting the room in the backside #129,to our suprise we find roaches in the bathroom. We called front desk and walked all the up to get the room key for #131. As soon as we opened the door the room stunk of bad odor as if someone had puked in the room. We called the front desk again and he veriifed coming to the room and was shocked . He was very polite and gave us another room #135. This room was fine.It took us 45 minutes after cheking in to settle down.People peeking in the night as to who had come, also the security guard sitting in the car in front of the lobby. Not a safe location with kids and family.The breakfast was lousy and cold, no scrambled eggs, cold sausages, no waffles.(like other quality inns we stayed).The front desk was not even concerned as we mentioned her about changing 2 rooms due to roaches and smell. Never even apologised for the inconvenience and wait to get into a room.

Room Tip: if staying request a room in front of the pool.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
QualityInnMiami, Director of Sales at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and for complimenting the politeness of our staff in assisting you. Our customers' responses help us keep our property at its best, with over 40 years of excellence in customer service to the South Miami community. We regret the inconvenience during your stay, and we assure you that these issues are being addressed personally by the property's owners. As other reviewers have noted, our continental breakfast contains scrambled eggs and other hot items. We unfortunately cannot guarantee that all items will be available if guests arrive late to the breakfast service, but we will try to accommodate all guests as best as we can. We also regret that some of South Florida's wildlife entered your room during your stay, and we have since taken further steps to address the issue. We are glad that your new room was to your liking, as we strive for perfection in every area. We are also happy to inform that all rooms are currently being renovated with flat-screen TVs and all-new furniture and bedding. Thank you again for your review. We hope to serve you again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to South Miami.
Pembroke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I had to stay here for a night after emergency car trouble left me stuck in this part of Miami. They accommodated me right away and the people at the front desk were lovely. The property looks dated, but kept up very well. The room was clean and quiet. The free breakfast was pretty good as far as continental breakfasts go (lots of bread choices, fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausages, juice, coffee, tea). The pool area is big and clean with lots of comfortable seats. I had a problem with a charge on my credit card (my bank's fault, not theirs) and they were very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
QualityInnMiami, Owner at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for your compliments. We strive for perfection in all areas and have done so for the past 40 years. We are glad that you could enjoy our wonderful heated pool and to have provided the perfect stay for you and your guests.
North branch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We made these reservation 6 months ahead of time .. our travel took us late and we checked in around 9pm,,,, We had called and told them that we were coming in late but we were given "pet room " which smelled like a pet room and had stains on the carpet ...
The hotel had much nicer rooms .. I feel that this was one of the last rooms left ...
From now on .. if we have reservation and we are running late with check in time .. We will call and tell them that we dont want a Pet room ..
The pool was nice , the breakfast was good all was good but we were penalized for coming in late

Room Tip: If traveling w/out pet you dont want a pet room
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
QualityInnMiami, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for your comments. As March is Miami's busiest month for tourist travel and local events, hotels are almost always fully occupied. We are glad to have accommodated you during March despite last-minute notice of a late arrival. Unfortunately, at that time, the room offered was the only one available at our property. We shampoo and clean all pet-friendly rooms, but due to the late notice of arrival this must not have been possible. Our hotel is one of the only pet-friendly properties in Miami, and we look forward to serving you and your pets in the future. Thank you for your compliments about our heated pool and our complimentary continental breakfast.
North Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I booked a 2 bed non smoking room 2 weeks prior to our arrival, received confirmation that the room was indeed a non smoking 2 bed room - gave my credit card to guarantee the room and was done. My husband, daughter and I were there attending a sports tournament her school team was attending in Palmetto Bay. I called from the fields at 8pm to advise we would be a late arrival around 11pm and to make sure they did not give my room away. When we arrived to check in at 11pm - can you beleive they gave our room with 2 beds to someone else! However they, or should I say LUCY, insisted they did not make any errors and that my reservation was for just a 1 bed room, which was a total and outright lie as I for certain confirmed my reservation was for a 2 bed non smoking room when I made the reservation. Why would I book a 1 bed room knowing I needed 2 beds?!!? They were sold out and only had the 1 bed room available for us. I was furious and asked to speak with the manager on duty, however, no manager on duty - the GM was at home. I asked them what they planned on doing to remedy the situation they had put us in, as if I did not show up - I would have been charged for the room so what was their penalty for not providing the room I had secured. LUCY said all she could do was cancel our reservations at no cost to us - UNBELIEVABLE. They make the error and after spending 20 minutes in the lobby trying to check in, she, LUCY, is telling me all she can do to help me is cancel my room and send me off to try and find another hotel at 11:30pm at night. She was just a piece of work. To top it off, when I insisted on talking to whomever was managing the hotel at that time, she takes the phone and goes to another room to call the GM and would not allow me to talk to him, comes back and says the GM said he can't do anything. Who knows what she said to him, she had already decided she wasn't going to help me and went out of her way to make my night miserable. Why did she have to go to another room to talk to the GM?! I'm telling you she, LUCY, was just a piece of work, hope you never have to deal with her!!

By luck, the OWNER of the hotel happened to be in the lobby and came to my rescue, he just happened to be there that night. THANK GOD! He was wonderful! He apologized for his front desk's, LUCY's, incompetence and the whole situation and he agreed an error was made by his hotel staff . HE found a 2 bed room for us and actually took the time to walk us to the room and made sure the room was in acceptable for us. He was absolutely wonderful. I'm not sure, but it may have been his room he gave up and he took the 1 bed room. All I can say, is thank goodnesss he was there that night in the lobby to overhear my horrible ordeal with the front desk.

The room he gave us was wonderful, overlooked the beautiful pool and patio. Average room, but the beds were great, very comfortable.

All in all, once we got the room, we had a nice stay. The fight to get the room is something I could have done without.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
QualityInnMiami, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn South at the Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. We regret the confusion during the check-in process at our property. As mentioned, our property was fully occupied at the time of your stay, and we are glad to have been able to accommodate you to your liking. One of our hotel's advantages is that the property's owners are on-site regularly to assist guests and maintain the highest levels of customer service, including giving up the owner's personal room to a guest who is experiencing difficulty. Thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you again when your travel plans bring you back to South Miami's wonderful Palmetto Bay community.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We hadn't planned on staying in this part of Miami during our vacation, but found it necessary for a few days and I'm glad we stayed here. This property may have originally a Holiday Inn from the 1960's, but it has been refurbished to a comfortable and affordable Quality Inn. The pool is large and heated and the hot continental breakfast was delicious and filling. Nice comfy bed mattresses and new pillows. The only issue we had was the continuous traffic noise from US 1, the ONLY route to the Keys -- our room was along a wing close to the road. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous during our time of need. Be sure to check out the mall down the street (The Falls), an open-air mall with continuous built-in waterfalls along the midway!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide a wonderful stay to all guests. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the loving shopping in our area, as The Falls is a wonderful mall and one of Miami's finest. Our hotel is surrounded by a ton of great restaurants and other shopping centers, in addition to being located adjacent to a large Publix supermarket and a 24-hour CVS. It makes for a wonderful last stop out of Miami on the way to the Keys, and the first stop when coming back! We are thrilled that you were able to experience our property for your travel needs.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

What a great place to stay , really friendly helpful staff , very clean, lovely warm clean pool , poolside towels too! great eatery's closeby . Good lots of choice breakfast -was only supposed to be continental but scrambled egg bacon and sausage were always on offer as well as cereal fruit yoghurt and bagels muffins etc . very impressed . Very relaxing place with many amenities you would expect from a much more expensive hotel . Would always reccomend to anyone . Great value for money .

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Many thanks for your review of our property. Our customers' reviews help us continue our reputation as the best budget hotel in Miami for over 40 years. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Quality Inn South at the Falls? Share your experiences!