“The views were very nice....but that's...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The views were very nice....but that's...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The views were very nice....but that's all. Entry to the hotel is awkward and out of the way. The lobby is off the very old and poorly designed parking garage (that they charge $22 per day to use). The lobby and the path to the garage were also crowded every time we passed through. The buffet breakfast was terrible. The food was bland and cold. In the room, the bed was actually nice. Overall, I really couldn't believe there had been a major renovation recently because everything looked pretty old and outdated.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This trip was my 2nd time in South Beach, Miami but not on the actual strip. It was memorial day weekend and things were pretty lively on both sides of the Bay. I had no choice but to book a hotel for me and my friends that was within distance of the South Beach strip. Once again this is the second time I ever stayed at the Marriott franchise and the never disappoint. I had nothing but positive things to say about this place and just the atomsphere at the time was a little uncomfortable.
The rooms are by design the same in almost all Marriott's you would stay at in the U.S. I booked 1 single room for myself and a double bedroom for my friends. The double bedrooms are very spacious and professional looking. There is even enough space if you had invited guest to stay the night. The bathroom is very elegant and spacious with a nice clean feel to it. The T.V, airconditioning and internet all worked perfectly fine. With the Marriott you can enjoy the cable T.V channels and all its ammenities. Having the top floor overlooking the bay is a great feeling to have as well.
The staff of all Marriott establishment is something to talk about as well. After booking my trip I called the Biscayne Bay loction to accomodate the preference of the room. I requested the highest floor they had available plus an adjustment from a single bed to a double bedroom and even bay view opposed to downtown Miami. They made the change without any issues, hastles or charge, which made me want to spend any type of money to thank them. The quality of room service was great considering I did not put a credit card on file but used cash deposit was not even a problem at all. The cleaning people would come when ever you needed them to hand you a towel, toothbrush or even fixing the beds.
The Biscayne Bay ammenities such as gym and pool area were not as great as the New York or Alanta locations but was still a pretty good one. The pool area was in a good location in the hotel over looking the bay. Overall I love the Marriott and Biscayne Bay location makes the franchise even better. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who would book it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

We decided to stay here rather than south beach, and were so glad we did!
Although the Mariott is currenlty under construction you would never actually know!
Staff were very helpful throughout our stay!
Our room was on the 14 floor and we had an amazing view of downtown aswell as south beach!
Taxi's to south beach were about $15 dollars, but worth it to escape the noise and lights of the bars and resturants! Amazing places to eat in south beach so definatly worth the trip every night!
Once the facelift is complete this hotel will be amazing, we are glad we got such a great rate so we could experinece this hotel and location for cheaper!
Resturant and shops underneath the hotel which adds convience!
We also visited sawgrass mills outlet mall and the aventura mall - both amazing shopping locations recommended by the hotel!
We also visited the Seaquarium which was cheaper and more intimate than seaworld!
Also visit Bayside if you can (downtown area) as has great resturants and bars including Hooters, Chicargo Rock and Bubba Gumps!
Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

The location was excellent! It allowed me to enjoy downtown and was only a 5 minute drive across the causeway from the hustle and bustle of Sobe. Though it was under renovation, one would never know. We were not inconvenienced at all by that. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only thing that I noticed is the rooms were a tad bit smaller than what I'm used to with Marriott but hey I was in town to enjoy the city. Already planning a return trip!

• Stayed September 2010
Kingston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Another pleasurable stay.
The positives:
Rooms look exactly like the website
Rooms are clean and refurbished
The view of the bay is to die for
Great value for the price we paid
Staff friendly and accommodating
There was construction going on but it did not interfer with the operations of the hotel a big plus for us.
Problem free stay.

Negative:
Once again I had an issue with the quality of the bathroom linen, frayed and torn at the edges. I say once again, because this was the same problem I had with a previous stay in Fort Lauderdale.
The top sheet on the bed was also torn at the edge. I didn't report any of this because we were barely in the room and only spent two nights. So it did not bother us, however it seems to be an issue. You may need to look into your quality checks.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights pre-cruise stay. This hotel was a good choice. Although we booked via priceline we were treated very well. The hotel lobby appears to always be busy so be prepared for a head spin. Once we located our room things were quite quiet and cozy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night before our cruise out of the Port Of Miami.

My bid of 55USD for two rooms was accepted on Priceline. I had heard that the hotel was under-going significant renovations so I was prepared. I didn't see any mention of it on the Marriott website, but I may have missed it. Check n is located currently on the third floor, just inside the parking garage. For those on foot, transportation is provided via golf cart or elevator from the third floor entrance to ground level.

The pool was nice. There were too many screaming kids with inattentive parents. The drinks at the pool bar are incredibly expensive. It came to 28 dollars for a daiquiri and rum and coke. Far too much for the quality of drinks. 6-7 dollars would be fine but 10 dollars plus tax is outrageous. The room service and on-site restaurant menu's are also very expensive.

If you take the walk way across to the double tree, there is a deli there that offers up a more reasonably priced menu for breakfast and snacks. A liquor store is also there.

Hotel staff were kind and efficient although a bit tough to understand as they seemed to be more fluent in Spanish than English but it wasn't an issue.

Of note- this hotel has a 4PM check IN time. Later than the usual 3pm. You do;however, get to stay until 12pm for check out.-convenient for cruise goers.

The rooms were nice, clean, and fairly spacious. The safe is hidden- located in a dresser drawer-so make sure not to forget about it as you check out. I always use safes where possible..

My biggest complaint about the hotel was the phone system. If you place a call, voicemail would kick in but the call would still be ringing. One time I made a call, the person in the other room answered it and voicemail kicked in in the back ground and recorded our conversation. This was quite concerning for me, but I wasn't making any phone calls outside of setting up dinner plans. Management if they are reading this should certainly look into it.

The hotel is close to Bayside market place. The Omni station for the monorail is one block away, followed by a one block walk to Bayside.

It is also close to the Port of Miami with cab rates going for about 6-10 dollars depending on stops and traffic.

This hotel should be amazing once the 31 million dollar upgrade is complete. Until then, if you can get a good rate- take it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!