“Stayed here just for 1 night---good location for a Marlins game” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
midwest
“Stayed here just for 1 night---good location for a Marlins game”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice hotel. Arrived around 4:15PM. I'm a Marriott Silver Elite member & was given an upgraded room with a view of the water. Room was clean & view was good.

Went to the hotel bar twice----once for happy hour, and after The Marlins game. Happy hour was reasonable. After happy hour ended, prices were ridiculous. No shocker there, though, as this is Miami.

I used the hot tub & pool (outdoor), and they were ok. The hot tub water was a little green & stinky, though. It looked like it needed cleaned.

The only issue I ran into here was that I purchased Marlins tickets on Stubhub, and I needed to print off the tickets. I paid $5.95 to print them off, and then the printer wasn't working. I saw an employee in the hallway, and explained to him that I was in a rush to get to the game. He said "come with me", and took me back to his private office in the sales & catering area, and let me use his computer to print off the tickets. I wish I would've gotten his name. He did me a great service.

Stayed July 2014
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Midwesternmember,

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels and for being a Silver Elite member. We are glad to hear you were happy with your room accommodations and that you were able to enjoy our bar and the hot tub. We will take note and contact maintenance to make sure the hot tub is at the level of cleanliness it should be. We apologize for your printing issues and it made us very happy to learn that one of our staff members was quick to help you out and get you to the game! We do hope we can welcome you back one day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Anderson, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have stayed here before and just checked out on 7/25/14. As a Marriott Gold member I did get concierge service but did not feel like anyone notice me. My room was on the 26th floor and had a lovely view. It was clean and very inviting it was a Bay view room and because my reservation did not say Bayview it was considered an upgrade. Trust my I use the term loosely. Definitely was nothing special. Considering my previous stays. Overall it is a nice hotel, service was not bad just nothing special or memorable. When I am in Miami again next month I plan to stay here. Trust me the hotel is lovely and no one was rude to us at all but surely did not feel like I mattered.

• Stayed July 2014
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear KnM07042008,

Thank you for quickly reviewing our resort and for being a Marriott Gold Member. We are glad you found your accommodations to your liking and enjoyed your views. We apologize if our hospitality was not up to our usual Marriott standard and do hope when you visit us again next month, you will feel differently. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here for two nights this past week, the good, decent location, reasonably priced. The bad? Hard beds , expensive parking $30 a night!, charges for wifi and use of the business center. Certainly not a destination Hotel, but alright for a night before a cruise, or at a push a couple of nights on a business trip. Rooms are small and shabby, although adequate.

Would I stay here again? in a pinch I guess I would , but if I was in town for a weekend of fun I'd probably spend more for something more upmarket.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Jeremy H,

Thank you for sharing your review of our resort with other TripAdvisor members. We are sorry you felt our facility did not provide value for your travel dollar and we appreciate your honest feedback. While we understand that you would have preferred to have Wi-Fi in your guest room, it is complimentary in the hotel's public areas, and our in-room usage rates are competitive with other hotels in the Miami area that offer the same prime location, level of service, and extensive facilities. We do hope we can welcome you back one day.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My friend and I stayed a weekend here a couple weeks ago. The hotel is in a good location close to midtown, downtown, south beach, and brickell. The pool is nice and pool bar has strong drinks. The hotel was quiet at night and had a good view of the bay. Parking is $26 a day which is crazy in my opinion. Around the corner a church does $10 for over night parking. The parking garage is crowded and small. If you come back too late finding a parking space is impossible. Overall I would stay again just bc of the location.

Stayed July 2014
Dear IrishKirk,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review with us. Our convenient location, comfortable rooms with beautiful views and our pool area are just a few of the reasons many choose to stay with us. It is never our intent to disappoint a guest in any way, and we apologize if you did not find that our parking provided a good value for your travel dollar. Our rates are competitive with other full-service hotels in the area and we try to provide a safe, convenient area in which to park your car while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've been there couple of times since I moved to US and I gotta say it is one of the best hotel I've been to so far. Amazing beds, very quite room and outstanding breakfast. In case I will have the chance to, I definetely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Emma D,

Thank you for continuing to choose to stay at our hotel and we are glad we did not disappoint. We appreciate you sharing that you found your room accommodations to your liking and that our beds are "amazing!" We do look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting the Miami area.
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Great view from the 25th floor, friendly service, conveniently connected to a small mall, delicious coffee in the lobby cafe! The concierge lounge has a really nice view as well and served very tasty conch fritters!!

• Stayed July 2014
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Goldielotz,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for mentioning that our staff was friendly, our location was so convenient and that you enjoyed the concierge lounge. We hope we can welcome you back one day soon.
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

From my reviews you can see i stay at many Marriott hotels. This one is just ok to good (above average). It is pretty convenient and has great views of the water and cruise ships. If you like to run in the morning or night you can come right out and get on the bridge and run along the water and park. The hotel has good food and a nice bar outside. The rooms are a bit dated and smell a bit musty from the humidity. They are clean for the most part but I am sure they can do better. The air didn't work so well and it wasn't due to the summer heat as I stayed in May. Staff was friendly. Parking is expensive.
If you are heading out on a cruise and want to stay at a place over looking the water then it is a good hotel for a good price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear cbarnwell,

Thank so much for sharing your review of our resort with other TripAdvisor members. We greatly appreciate your noting that our location is convenient for cruise stops and enjoyable for morning runs! We hope to welcome you back again one day soon.

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!