“A much better experience than last time!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #30 of 130 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Paris
“A much better experience than last time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I returned to the Marriott Biscayne for a second time despite my very negative review of my last stay here. In fact the Management picked up on my last review and offered me a comp if I would give them another try! So, I did. The problems with the internet had been happily resolved (no internet for four days had made my last business trip very difficult) and allowed the better aspects of this hotel to shine through. The hotel staff are cheerful and helpful and the concierge lounge does a very decent breakfast for free. This time my "concierge room" actually gave me access - which it hadn't the previous time.

The real reason though for staying here is the breathtaking views . If you have a reasonably high room you can just watch the light over the water change all day. I particularly recommend getting up early enough (at least once!) to watch the sun come up over South Beach.

I still have a few niggles. For a hotel in this price range, especially in a "Concierge" room, it seems odd to have no bath robes, no slippers, no shoe sponge, and no bottle of water on arrival. Corporate cost optimization on these small items seems silly. The bar is lively and does a good cocktail but the cooking in the restaurant is inexcusably poor and overpriced. The two restaurants in the adjoining mall that I tried - Primos and the Chinese restaurant are both excellent and cheaper!

Still, I will probably return for the cheerful welcome and the excellent views...

Room Tip: A room above the 15th floor is a must - the higher the better for the views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear DavidFinch9436,

Thank you for giving us a second chance. We are glad that you had a much better experience this time around and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The staff was amazing! Estefania and Alejandro went above and beyond to make this an unforgettable stay for my family. During my stay my little one got very sick and the staff was very helpful with anything we needed. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Libreros,

We are sorry to learn that your little one got sick but happy that we were able to assist. Glad that you found our hotel to your liking and you had an enjoyable stay.
Spring Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our travel agent booked us here before our cruise in march 2014. Very nice hotel and updated. Very expensive. We probably will not stay here again before our next cruise due to the price. They do have free shuttle service to south beach. There is an extra cost to be brought to the cruise ships. I believe it was 7 dollars and fills up fast. The pool was out dated and dirty and so was the hot tub. We did not want to get in. Pool area was small as well. They did have a bar outside which had expensive drinks. They do have a very nice gym which includes dumbells, machines, cardio equipment and is very large with nice view over looking the bay. Also has fresh fruit, water bottles and granola bars which are complimentary. The hotel is connected to some cafes, shopping and restaurants which are a bit more affordable. Service was very nice. Everybody was in a great mood.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear 690Justins690,

We are glad that you found our hotel was very nice including the service and the accommodations. We are sorry that you did not feel it offered good value for your dollar, but are prices are indeed competitive with other full-service hotels in the area that offer the same location, range of amenities, and facilities.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The room was clean and I had a great view of Biscayne Bay. The conference meeting rooms were also very nice and surprisingly not "freezing" like so many conference meeting rooms are. My only complaint (and the reason I rate this property as "very good" instead of "excellent") is the HORRIBLE PARKING! I chose to "self park" on site and my advice is CHOOSE VALET. I used to live in Miami for 4 years and I should have remembered how so many Miami parking garages are a nightmare. The spaces are small, the garage is cramped and there are too, too few spaces for the number of people who access the garage. On my last evening in town I had great difficulty finding a space. Many people double parked or parked on the garage ramps which made maneuvering in the garage extra challenging. Security clearly doesn't enforce the "No Parking" signs that everyone parked in front of. So, to conclude: valet park...it's only a few dollars extra and worth saving yourself the aggravation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear germatt2,

We are glad that you had a good stay at our property and appreciate your recommendations regarding parking. It can definitely be challenging in Miami and valet service is definitely the way to go if you just want to leave your car and let us take care of it for you.
Maho, St Maarten-St Martin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

While waiting for a cruise we had an extra day and stayed at this hotel. The service was great the rooms had great views. We were minutes away from the basketball stadium and the Hard Rock Cafe. If you are traveling to Miami for anything stay at the Marriott it will be a great time.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Jordan L,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience about your great stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back!
Morgantown, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a conference. The hotel and rooms have good (although expensive) WiFi access and speed. My room had two double beds and was reasonably sized. The bay view was gorgeous.

I was surprised the hotel didn't have much of an outside plaza or area to enjoy the nice weather. The one courtyard they have was frequently tied up with conference events.

I had a good stay overall, but I don't think it would be worth the money if I was actually paying for the hotel on my own dollar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Bitmapped,

We are glad that you had a positive conference experience at our hotel and shared your experience with us.
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

the hotel is clean and the staff very kindness. The view of the room were beautiful. Our flight arrived at 5 and at 8 they allow us to enter the room. They charge no fee for the early check in. The free trolley pass by the hotel and take people to bayside.

• Stayed March 2014
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear santo19,

We are very happy that you had such a wonderful stay here and we were able to accommodate your needs.

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!