“Pricey but comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Elk Grove, California
“Pricey but comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel is super clean and very nice. Even tho they advertise they are near the trolley and bus lines, it is not nearly as convenient as it first sounded. We didn't rent a car while there, so we did a lot of walking. It's quite pricey to park at the hotel, but that's really the only way to go.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a night before we boarded a cruise. Upon arrival, we were not greeted at our car nor was help offered with our luggage. I was excited to stay at a Marriott and the welcome of the lobby I got upon walking in reaffirmed my thoughts. I was soon to be disappointed. We were a group of 4 women and had requested 2 queen beds. The hotel was sold out and they sold rooms they didn't have, so we were "upgraded" to a king bed with an AMAZING beach view. 4 people do not fit in a king size bed, so we were granted ONE roll away. Well guess what 3 grown adults don't fit so well in a king size bed either. We also had to call down for more towels and they never came, so we had to call down again. My friend (in another room) checked in and dropped off her luggage before her room was ready (she also only had 2 people in her room and she got 2 beds why not upgrade HER to a king?!) so when she finally got into her room they called down to have their bags delivered. 20 minutes later and they still weren't there. Her mom called down and she was put on hold while they checked. My friend and I went down to the lobby to check since being on hold was getting no where. The bags were sitting a room with no one in sight checking on them, her mom was still on hold when we got back to the room. We also had a package delivered to the hotel and we had an issue getting the package from the hotel staff who stated that the package wasn't delivered. When we tracked the package it was listed as refused by recipient. It was a quick cab ride to the port of Miami.
Besides the service problems this hotel was fine. Clean, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, a decent amount of space. The bathroom was large and had a nice shower. The pool area on the 4th floor roof top was incredible. Lots of little lounge chairs, a nice sized pool, a hot tub, and a big checker board.
Getting around without a car was pretty easy. The people mover is right around the corner. There is food and shopping within walking distance. There is a Episcopal church right next door as well as the Miami International University of Art & Design. It was quick and easy to get to the Bayside Market with more shopping and dining options.
My overall opinion is that while it is nice it did not meet my expectations and was not worth the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Recently spent 4 days at this hotel. Upon entering the lobby was expecting a more elegant hotel as the room rates were somewhat pricey. We had requested a non-smoking room and when we got to our room we smelled cigarette smoke masked with a lot of floral spray. Calling the front desk to complain I was told that all rooms on my floor were non-smoking and that no other room was available and that the room had just been thoroughly cleaned and perhaps the floral scent was due to the cleaning materials for the room. As I hung my clothes in the closet I went to place something on the top shelf and a cigarette lighter fell to the floor. It was obvious someone had been smoking in the room or the maid was hiding her cigarette lighter in this room and using the room to smoke on the balcony. If this wasn't bad enought the room was extremely outdated, and furnishings looked old. Sleeping beds were non-special and pillows were cheap. The bathroom was the worst -- if you sat on the toilet you couldn't close the door because the door swung in and was about 1/2 inch from the toilet. The bathroom was not clean and tub tiles mildewed and cracked. There was no water pressure when showering. Also the hotel charged for wi-fi in the rooms 8-12 per day which is ridiculous. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant. We chose the buffet not realizing it was 23.00 per person and there was not much on the buffet. If we had ordered from the menu we could have had the same food as the buffet except if would have been half what we paid. For what I thought was going to be a great hotel I was very disappointed. Be careful to order room service.....the prices are listed on the menu but after you place your order the price goes up and when I called them out on it they said the room menu prices were wrong. I told them it was fraud to do a bate and switch and they finally agreed to the menu rate, however when they brought my food not 30 mins later as told but an hour later they had not only charged me the higher rate but had tacked on 9 extra dollars. I called the desk and complained not so nicely until they agreed to take the charges off my bill. This hotel is not worth your time to stay here. They have a "gift shop" that is about the size of a small closet and water and drinks are $3-4 each. This hotel gouges you on everything and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: We had a waterfront view.
Green Features: They don't have any environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a nice experience staying at the Marriot,from the service to the atmosphere,close to Miami beach clean environment.i will be back for sure.beautiful women beautiful buildings 2min walk to downtown miami

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights while visiting a relative in miami. awesome hotel overlooking the bay into south beach area where you can view and island full of mansions and the carnival ships that dock on nearby. great pool area and always breezy for drying up quickly. great area loaded with nice expensive boats and yachts to view while walking to bayside markey place mall. nice gyn overlooking the water and friendly staff.

Room Tip: always ask for a room overlooking the bay on a high floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked an overnight pre-cruise package at the Marriott Bay Biscayne in Miami.It is very close to the cruise ship piers.Our room had the perfect view.it was very clean and cozy.We found the service to be very friendly and helpful.Even the porter stopped and gave us directions,Our package included a room with 2 cocktails,breakfast,and a shuttle too the cruise pier.There were many restaurants and shopping close by the hotel.We found a Publix supermarket nearby for any last minute items that we wanted to bring with us on the cruise.It helped us cut down on the weight in our luggage prior to leaving.There is a cocktail lounge in the restaurant that features a patio overlooking the marina.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the cruise pier
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

When we checked in at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel, we were greeted by a warm, welcoming attendant. The check-in process was quick and seamless. The hotel was very nice and clean. I especially enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and restaurant. Such a beautiful, romantic atmosphere near the bay. I had a blast before departing for my cruise!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!