“Solid hotel experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Solid hotel experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made a trip to the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for a wedding and found the location to be very convenient. Close to airport, close to port, a taxi ride away from South Beach, etc. The hotel was very clean and the staff took great pride in their job. The service was great all the way around.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. I couldn't get the iPod dock to work which was annoying. The bathroom was clean but SO SMALL!

The public areas where nice, restaurant was average but VERY OVERPRICED! Also, room service was so $$$, very average. I paid 42.00 for eggs, fruit plate and coffee.

There is a shopping center conveniently located right off the ground level of the hotel. It has a hair salon, clothing stores, pet grooming, restaurants, deli, pharmacy, even a psychic.

All in all, I would return. Thank you for a nice stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the marina. Great view but be warned, sun in room VERY early in the morning...
Green Features: No recycling anywhere except option for towels in room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and very nice. The rooms are very bright, clean and quiet. The restaurant "Catch" has very nice outdoor seating/dinning with great views of the bay. Live music during happy hours was very enjoyable. The servers are all very nice and welcoming. The concierge lounge on the 26th floor has amazing views access available only to Marriott members. The check in process can be improved I am a Marriott elite member and it still took a while to check in as there were not enough staff. Also the concierge service could be better unable to contact them from my room had to go down and wait for a while before they located the person. Do not rely on the concierge for dinning recommendations as the place they recommended was not good after being seated we decided to leave the server was horrible. Looked up trip advisor for dinning recommendations and ended up going to coconut grove for dinner. Hotel was great will stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel has beautiful view of the bay make sure you ask for a room facing the bay with a balcony...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I needed to be at the Jackson/UM Medical Campus for a business trip. There are hotels closer to the medical campus but the Marriott Biscayne was a very short drive down NW 14th St and offers better access to dining and attractions during non working hours.
I checked in late (2am) and everything was really quick. In my room in a matter of minutes. The room was spacious and very clean. No hallway noise and no road noise from the causeway below my window. Everything was in working order. In-room internet was pretty fast.

Disappointed in the on-site dining, especially for a quick bite, there is a coffee shop in the lobby area but the food options were extremely limited.

tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always travel for work, so I tend to stay within the same group of hotels to make sure that I never have any surprises when I get to a new city and this Marriott was just liked I imagined. I booked the hotel through a third party vendor and checked in and had a nice stay. When I checked out of the hotel, I noticed that the hotel had also billed my credit card for the room also. When I pointed out the problem to the hotel staff, he apologized for the error and printed a new receipt with the correct charges and no hotel room on the ticket. Unfortunately for me, the credit was only a piece of paper and the money never was reallocated back to my account. When I tried to talk to someone at the hotel about the incident, all I could receive was voicemail and never would get a call back. This hotel took money from me and I would like it back.

North Bergen, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Checked inn very friendly staff beautiful clean room beautiful views of the bay . The only complain is the pool are needs some updating in the pool area but the kids enjoyed it the DJ had good music and the kids played games .would stay again my family and I had a great stay

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Good Day!

Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your opinion of our pool and are continually working to develop the right "personality" for our pool to accommodate our mix of business/leisure travelers. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I regularly visit downtown Miami on business, but this was my first time in this hotel, as I recently made a change in my hotel chain loyalty. I was very, very impressed. The hotel is beautiful and the view of Biscayne Bay and the cruise terminals are breathtaking. The room was very modern and the bed was heavenly. Catch was a comfortable lounge with a lot of Miami flavor. To have a drink in a modern South Beach style lounge, you don't even have to leave the hotel. I loved this hotel and will most certainly return. And I can't close this review without giving special kudos to Gina at the front desk. She was a sweetheart, and the upgrade to the bay view room she gave me meant a lot. I'm definitely returning!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Only stayed one night prior to leaving on cruise, but enjoyed the stay. Nice location, connected to shopping and minutes from additional dining and area attractions. Convenient to cruise terminal with nice views of the Bay. Attended evening cocktail reception which was very nicely presented. Friendly and pleasant staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!