“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed during Miami Book Fair International. The hotel is very nice and comfortable. It has a nice restaurant. The only downside is the valet parking that it's really pricey and if you bring a car, you have to either take the valet option or park onsite, which can really add to your bill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the property for two weekend nights while attending an event at a near by downtown location. I would certainly recommend this hotel for any type of trip, including even a South Beach getaway if it fits into the budget or preferences better than beach-front locations: this hotel is on the other side of the bay, but it is just a short trip to South Beach by taxi any time of day or night. By the way, it may be cheaper and easier to find a taxi on South Beach to get back to the hotel than a good parking spot.
The bay view from the rooms is nice (but it is not an ocean front type of view); the bay side sitting at the downstairs restaurant and bar is very pleasant. The restaurant itself is quite reasonable in prices and food quality. There is a full-service Publix just a short walk away and a few restaurants, so you really do not need a car to get places.
A word of caution is to check what conference would be going on during your stay. This is a conference type of a property, so there is always something on. I've stayed at hotels often enough to run into all kinds of weird gatherings, and the weekend at this Marriott was one of those occasions. The staff, however, handled the crowd exceptionally well: they had people with radios everywhere and literally managed the elevator traffic by hands to keep everyone safe and reasonably stress-free.
The rooms are typical for a downtown Marriott (small-ish); I couldn't get an upgrade with all the suites booked by the conference leads. The lounge was open for breakfast during the weekend and pretty busy but still manageable. So, overall - 5 stars for the stay; would go back anytime.

Room Tip: Bay view is better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Greetings,

Thanks for offering such detailed feedback. We remember that group in June and they definitely contributed to the eclectic environment that is Miami. As you mentioned in your post, we do take great care in selecting and managing groups that wish to stay here as we do not want to negatively impact the stay of any of our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the local area. There is also a rail less than a block from the hotel which travels throughout all of downtown for free along with other transportation options to help you explore.

We look forward to your next visit!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We really had not planned on a cruise because my employer only allowed me 8 days together with my wife for vacation. Even though they owed me 4 weeks. Anyway that's a long story. We went to our travel agent and we found a cruise last minute at a very good price. Problem is in Miami a nice hotel can sometimes be as much as the cruise. Miami is not a place you want to take your chances with some cut-rate hotel. We booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay partly because we had stayed at the Courtyard Miami Oceanfront a couple years back and enjoyed it very much. We had checked it first but it was full. The Courtyard Biscayne Bay had room. Our experience here was first class from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. We were given a breakfast promotion for each day we stayed (great deal by the way) and our room which overlooked the port of Miami was fantastic. I loved watching the cruise ships coming & going. We sat out on the balcony & it was very romantic. I look forward to returning to this place some day in the future. Just a little bit of Heaven.

Room Tip: Balcony Room Facing The Port Of Miami
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I resided at this hotel while attending a conference which was held onsite the latter part of July of this year. The conference facilities were adequate albeit the escalators were out of order during the entire conference. Nevertheless the elevators were an alternative for persons who were unable to trek the steps. My corner room was comfortable and on a quiet floor, however, watching television on an angle was a bit of a challenge. The main restaurant featured a nightly menu special and also served great burgers if opting out of the regular dinner choice.

Overall my stay was quite pleasant.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet if you do not care about watching television on an angle while in bed...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here for a quick weekend getaway. The room was very comfortablewith a great view. What really stood out, however, was how friendly and accommodating the staff was. Wesley at the front desk was delightful and took interest in our trip being a success, to the point of checking in with us during our stay. The restaurant staff, the bartender, and the valet parking staff were all out of their way friendly. Particularly for the price, we will plan to stay here again next time we travel to Miami.

Room Tip: It is worth paying for a bay view with breakfast. Does not need to be a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here Aug 31-Sept 2, 2013, right before my cruise. I thought it would be a decent place to stay... next time, I will pay more to stay at a more luxurious hotel. The hotel decor is very outdated, and the bathrooms need renovations. My tub was peeling, and I couldn't tell if it was clean or dirty. I don't think the cleaning staff move anything on the counter, just cleaned around it. Also, i found stains on my sheets. I called in to have them changed, and no one came until I went to the front desk, complained and showed the pictures that I took. There is no pool service, i.e. no one coming and offering drinks/food, you have to do that all yourself. The concierge seemed as if I was bothering him to get information, as I wanted to go out on the saturday night. It was a hassle for him to even write down the names of the clubs. I was staying there before meeting a group for my cruise, and I will never stay at this Marriott again, I was quite surprised at this hotel, definitely not up to standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
waldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Best friend and I stayed one night at this hotel as a pre-cruise. This hotel is really nice, clean, convenient to downtown and the Port of Miami. We loved the Bayview room and the view from our balconcy of the ships resting in the Port was phenomenal. We had late evening drinks and appetizers on the hotel patio and truly enjoyed ourselves. I definitely recommend staying here before and after any cruise getaway and will be visiting again in March 2014.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!