“I would stay there again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Suntastic Savings!
Ranked #20 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“I would stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Staff was super friendly. Sharissa at the front desk was great. Marjorie the concierge was very helpful and enjoyable to talk to. I can give so many examples but the entire staff was extraordinary. The hotel itself was very clean. I gave the rooms 3 stars due to the small size and no in room fridge. The beds were very comfortable. We had a nice view of the Bay. As noted by others, the bathroom is very small. The pool was a little dated and small but wasnt a big deal. The biggest drawback for me was not having a refrigerator in the rooms and no airport shuttle service.
The bar had happy hour drinks that were pretty good. We ate at the hotel restaurant(The Catch) for lunch and it was not the best esp for the price($15 for a burger) but again the server was very nice. There are several good restaurants within walking distance and the trolley or metro mover trains are both free and will take you all around Miami. Off of the lobby, there is a small mall that had a few restaurants, coffee shop, bar and conveinient store. We didnt find that until the second day and it was nice. The bar had happy hours and had good Mojitos. The deli had good sandwiches and breakfast as well as Starbucks Coffee. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at the Marriot again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location with shops attached. The lobby is beautiful. However, that's where the plesantries end. The room was not up to par. Per entrance to room, light fixture was missing. There was scuff marks on the walls in the room, and stains on the sheets. Valet was not so great. At 30.00 a day, having to wait awhile for your car to brought around after calling down prior. While in Valet care, my friends car was hit. Overall, just not a great stay. Don't plan to ever stay at another Marriott again...

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott the night before a cruise, and had a great experience. The hotel is very large, and a conference was going on along with 2 or 3 family reunions. In spite of the crowds, we received great service and the room was nicely quiet. We had a wonderful bayside view from an upper floor, thanks to the kind young lady who checked us in! She was a sweetheart. Raul at the pool bar mixed up some great "$5 special" margaritas.

We did not have a car, but there are a few restaurants within walking distance as is a Publix supermarket. Drinks in the Catch Bar were a bit pricey, but that seems to be typical for Miami. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast at the Catch Restaurant. All in all, I would stay at Marriott Biscayne Bay again, and most definitely in a bayside room! Beautiful view!

Room Tip: Corner suites have huge windows, and great views of the bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

You won't be sorry if you decide to stay here. The hotel is nicely appointed, the staff is super friendly and helpful, the location is convenient and there are lots of great restaurants nearby. The valet parking is a little pricey ($30/day), but the valet guys are fast and friendly. I had a nice room with a view of the water and the marina. While the room itself was very comfortable, the bathroom was a little on the small side. As for breakfast, you have the option of a really nice buffet or ordering off the breakfast menu. Whichever one you choose, you will be satisfied... the food was terrific: hot and fresh.

Room Tip: I had a king bed room on the 17th floor overlooking the water.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pemberton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here right before our cruise. We had stayed 4 years ago prior to a cruise and loved the renovations. It was a beautiful hotel 4 years and even more so now. Only sad they removed the piano from the lobby. Staff was great. Worked with Shari Van Patten to accommodate our group of 46. She was excellent from start to finish. Really on the ball. Stayed at another Marriott in another city for a cruise 2 years ago and it really was a bad experience so this was refreshing. Guests had no trouble at all checking in. In fact I was amazed that they allowed guests to pay for their individual stay - for example four people sharing a room that were not family members were able to divide the cost into 4 and pay their individual portion, instead of one person footing the bill and the others having to pay that person back. Never seen that done before.

Room was great with a nice view of the bay. Of course the metro was right there so you had the option to go downtown. Ate in the little mall adjacent to the hotel. The ONLY negative I have is that you were not allowed to transport your own luggage. If you managed to snag a cart, they told you you were not allowed to push it yourself, you had to get a busboy to do it. I mean they were very nice about it, and I guess it's all about the tips, but I don't think I should be made to tip someone for something I can do myself.

Great hotel with great staff in a great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here with my family as we were going on a cruise the next day out of the Port of Miami. 5 star service all the way! from the check- in with Megan( who was amazing with her great customer service), the bell service, and the concierge desk. We had a nice room on the 22nd floor overlooking the bay and the city...the view was amazing. There is a small balcony with 2 chairs if you want to enjoy the view. We requested a rollaway bed as we had 5 in the room and one was brought immediately and set up with sheets and pillows very quickly. They even brought more towels for us. Self Parking is $23/night or $26 for valet.. we did the self parking...this seemed a little high priced, but the garage was secured and safe. If you need a shuttle to the Port of Miami they can arrange it at concierge for $6 a person. the only grip from our techy family was there was no free Wi-Fi in the rooms...so we went to the lobby where it was free. Great property, amazing staff, stay here while visiting Miami and you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor..the views of Biscayne Bay are amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

A quick visit here was made most pleasurable with the fantastic staff they have.
Amongst the finest staff I have seen anywhere! Upon early arrival I was given some options and able to check in and change for my meetings thanks to the front desk. I returned late night and with 2 minutes to spare not only was I able to get a soft drink but the club attendant convinced me to have some lat night snacks and welcomed me even if closing time.
Same hospitality the next 2 days at breakfast. Even valet knew me after 1st day.
Rooms are good size and nice view but can use some improvements. Location was not ideal but still convenient to Miami Beach and downtown. And some grea

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!