“Lovely Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Lovely Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. While my boyfriend goes to meetings, I am able to relax in the room and by the pool.

The pool area is large and has a bar as well as two subsequent areas for tanning and relaxation. You can hide away on the patio above the pool or relax overlooking the bay. The rooms all have balconies that fit two people and it is great to be able to step out and take in some air.

The area around the hotel is good. It is about $15-20 for a cab to South Beach, another ~$10 for a trip downtown or you can take a stroll in the park by the bay.

I certainly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Clean, well located. However, there was no wifi in the rooms available when I stayed there. The Marriott is usually slightly more expensive then similar, but slightly better, hotels in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for writing a review here on TripAdvisor! I see that you are reviewing your stay from August of 2012 and I can confirm that at that time, just under a year ago, we did not have WiFi fully installed in the property. I am happy to say that since then we have fully installed wireless internet access throughout the property! We hope that you will return to enjoy what we currently have to offer!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel seemed to have gone through a renovation and I must say it really shows. I'm very picky when it comes to certain hotels but this one really had the luxury feel. The Only issue I had was the bath tub and shower area, they really need to update that. I think the bathroom tub area is the only area of concern for me, other than that I loved the view and the room.

Room Tip: Honestly get there earlier as the good rooms can go quick, also there are some bad views but bad mea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon!

Thanks so much for your kind words! We are pleased that we met your expectations. We also appreciate your comments with regards to the guest room bathrooms. We will be sharing them with our Engineering team so we can improve on this area of the room. We look forward to your return visit!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Fantastic hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great little shopping centre attached to the hotel that did a lovely breakfast, salads etc etc. The pool area was great along with the outdoor bar.

The gym had a fantastic view with enough facilities.

Rooms were amazing, great views, clean, tidy, nice big tv, nice bathrooms. Basically what you would expect for the money.

Miami port is in walking distance that offers great food, there is a free metro/shuttle for hotel users to get to the port. Also metro stations are close for links to the city centre

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

After 5 years of attending Sony Tennis have finally found the best place to stay. Location is great, even offering shuttle to event from hotel. Also shuttle available to South Beach where we went and biked. There are locations to 'check-out' bikes and then return to any of the locations when done. Very reasonably priced and lots of areas to ride.

Around hotel you can walk to restaurants or a waterfront park. Also rail system or trolley goes to Bayfront. Went on Millionaire tourist cruise from there which was reasonably priced but ok if you want to get out on the water for about an hour viewing the homes on shore.

Our room had a balcony which was great and was high level, also great. Major concert during our visit but we apparently did not have rooms nearby the partygoers - great job Marriott!

Only downside is self-parking is crowded as I think non-hotel guests also use. But other than that will be our first choice hotel each year now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This has to be one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. I booked this hotel through a tour group as part of a deal for a pre cruise hotel. It is soo convenient to the cruise port & the view of the cruise port from our room on the 17th floor was spectacular. The staff was soo friendly & courteous & constantly asked if there was anything that they could do to assist us! The property & outdoor pool was beautiful! I enjoyed the outdoor entertainment, what a great way to unwind after a day of travel! I had dinner & breakfast in the restaurant & both of my meals were excellent. Went for a short walk around downtown & the hotel was very easy to get back to! I would not hesitate to book this hotel again when I am cruising out of Miami in the future! It was my first stay at a Marriott & I don't think it will be my last!

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors offer a spectacular view of Biscayne Bay & the Port of Miami.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New Baltimore, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was there for a precruise stop. Was worried the pool area was going to be to small. The pool deck was a beautiful oasis. Kids played for several hours. There was a pool side bar that served $3 drafts and bar food. Nice touch was large chess set and pingpong for the kids to play. By request, we were given great view of the cruise port. Room was clean. Will stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!