“A very comfortable and convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“A very comfortable and convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I traveled to this hotel during the Sony Open tennis tournament, March 2013. It was the second time I was there. It seemed quite the same as 10 yrs ago. One could say it is not good, but I would say it is keeping its quality. Rooms are spacious, US hotel style. I missed the refrigerator. Initially I had some problems to control the room temperature, but then it worked fine. Good bathroom, spacious, good shower. Always clean. The breakfast buffet is very good, although a bit expensive; but you can always have a good coffee and a sandwich at the Illy store, don't miss. There is the valet car/parking, expensive but as much expensive as in any other place. Lobby is fine, not fancy. They have a fitness, I did not use, but it looked good. The pool is external, and is not heated, should br. People at reception is courteous, but not necessarily warm. The restaurant on site is very good and honest, and service is good. The outside of the restaurant is wonderful just to sit and contemplate. One great point is the location. To go to Miami beach, just take the Venetian causeway, just beside, and avoid the traffic. Taking this way you will arrive right by the Lincoln Road public parking. Want to go to the AA Arena, it is minutes away. Want to go to the Port, it is minutes away. Want to go to Coconut Groove, Key Biscayne or Brickell, just go through the I95, next corner and you will be there in minutes. Easy access to the international airport. On the building beside, to which you have direct access there is a good Italian restaurant, a good convenience store. All in all it is a good place to be, where you can pay a acceptable price. It is not a fancy place, but it does not seem to be its purpose. I would stay again and ask for a high-floor room, because the view is gorgeous.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I absolutely agree about the front of desk staff - the concierge on duty when I was there, Miguel Pena, was super helpful, awesomely knowledgable and so efficient it almost hurt!! I was meeting my nephew and his girlfriend and Miguel advised us about and co-ordinated a variety of outings for us and booked tables etc. It was a pleasure asking him a question as he was so friendly and always gave a comprehensive answer tailored to what he remembered about our plans ... and he remembered everything! We had a slight hiccup on checking out and Matt Riani on the front desk was also super helpful. The hotel itself has been refurbished and was very comfortable - the rooms are not huge but nice and almost all have a view of the sea one way or another. Breakfast out on the terrace is lovely. The pool is not big and can be taken over by small family of children but the loungers are great. The hotel is a little off by itself in terms of attractions but it is a slightly extended but possible walking distance to the American Airlines Arena (the reason for choosing it) and there is also a free trolly bus that stops at the arena and at some nice shopping. The trolly does get tied up in traffic so you can wait a while for it but it is a great way to get around. There is also a free hotel shuttle into Miami Beach which works really well. All in all this is a hotel that I would be happy to recommend. Plus, do check out the little shopping precinct under the hotel - I didn't realise it was there until the Sunday!!

Room Tip: The corner rooms don't have a balcony but do have a wonderful view, the ones on the sides have a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for sharing this feedback with everyone on TripAdvisor. We at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay are no strangers to hearing our guests sing the praises of Miguel. He is one of many outstanding associates here who are eager to provide excellent service. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with nice amenities including valet parking, room service and decent restaurant on site. Service is very good. When we checked in, we were given a room immediately and bellman delivered bags promptly. After spending some time in our room, I noticed a peculiar smell and carpets seemed damp. I was worried about mold so asked for another room and was given one promptly. Second room without problems, clean.

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at this property when it first opened and it was beautiful. 25 years have passed, and the hotel is showing its age.

PROS
- Friendly front desk staff member helped me with shipping my bag back home
- I eventually ended up with a room with a view (although it was not the first room they offered me)
- My last night (I checked-out at 9:00 for a midnight flight) was comped, either because I complained or because of the Marriott Gold late check-out policy

CONS
- Outdated decor
- Mediocre restaurant service
- Uncontrollable A/C (our meeting room was very uncomfortable)
- An extremely mixed group of guests: some a little on the rough side
- My first room was obviously not vacuumed: there was sand all over the place. My second room also had not been vacuumed (they were sold-out as it was Spring Break, but this is a poor excuse)
- Poor value. My rate was $279 (not too bad) but a friend who was arriving that weekend had paid $529
- Small rooms
- Dark, dingy hallways in need of painting

I will not stay here again. I've grown up -- the property seems to be still stuck in the '80's.

Esme Travels
aka M.A.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Greetings!

We truly appreciate the feedback you offered. It is clear by the number of reviews that you have posted that you are well traveled and we appreciate your perspective. I want to let you know that I am discussing your review with all leaders in the hotel so that the actionable items can be addressed.

We also respect your opinion regarding our decor but do want to point out that the 30 million dollar renovation we completed two years ago significantly changed the layout and style of our hotel and we would like to direct anyone researching our hotel to the photos posted here and on Marriott.com. I am sorry that you feel that these changes does not conform to modern design standards. We will also share this feedback with our design team.

We sincerely hope that you will change your mind and visit us again. Our hotel is intensely focused on providing outstanding service and accomodations and we know we can win back your loyalty.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I traveled in January to run Miami Marathon, and it resulted in a great experience. It is located at walking distance to the start and finish line. Has a good restaurant with affordable prices. The rooms are quite big,and the bed and bedding super comfortable. We ordered a small refrigerator for beverages and fruits and it worked real well for us, who came to run the marathon.

The Wifi has to be paid and it didn´t work well inside the room.

Since the hotel is located in a very good area for runners, I will suggest that to declare it runners friendly, and serve a breakfast very early on the day of the race.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent view. The food is great and very friendly personnel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good Day!

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your marathon! We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. I was discussing your review with our Chef as we love your suggestion of taking a "runner friendly" stance on race day. More to come on that! In the meantime, we look forward to your next stay with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We picked this hotel out of a hat when we were going on a cruise out of the port of Miami.
We were pleasantly suprised with the beauty of the hotel, the comfort of the room, and the magnificent view.
Also, there are many restaurants between this hotel and the one next door, which is super convenient.
We used their free shuttle to South Beach...also a plus for us.
For Marriott gold and platinum members, there is a nice concierge room, with good amenities and internet is free.
You DO have to pay for valet parking, though. The drive to the port is under 10 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Of all our pre-cruise hotels, this is by far the best. Beautiful hotel ... First class all the way. We stayed in room 720, overlooking the bay and cruise port. Marriott outdid themselves with this one. The decor, restaurants, lounges, staff, etc. are top notch. Room was very elegant. We had a queen and rollaway for 3 people. Towels and linens were top notch.

It's a 5 min. taxi cab ride to the cruise port. About 15 minute ride to Miami airport ( w/o traffic). Lots to do in the area. Bayside Marketplace has lots of shops and restaurants. Small mall attached to the hotel .. Nice boutique shops.

There are lots of hotels to choose from near the port but I would choose this Marriott over any other hotel.

"Catch," the seafood restaurant in the hotel is outstanding. Food was fabulous. Lively hotel bar.

Room Tip: Book early. This is a popular hotel. From Miami airport you can book a shuttle for @$13 pp. We used...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!