“Good value! Great service!” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Good value! Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here in mid-march after a Disney Cruise...

I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the location and the pleasant staff. It is very close to the Port of Miami and is attached to a small shopping centre that has the basics... You can walk from the room and get some self serve Starbucks and grab some breakfast within 2 mins... Nice...

Right across the street from the hotel you can catch the free trolley and get to Bayside Market in 5 minutes. (just remember to tell the driver where you're getting off otherwise you might get an unexpected tour of Miami - which we got... It was actually a neat detour...)

The staff is very helpful with various requests - for example, we were traveling as a group of 7 ... One of the odd things about Miami is trying to get transport for more than 6 people at a time... Most cabs top off at 5 and most vans at 6... The hotel porter was eager to arrange a hotel shuttle to the airport for a reasonable flat rate... Very helpful after a long week of travel...

The one and only disappointing feature was the balcony. When we booked balcony suites we were expecting a full balcony with seats where we could lounge and watch the harbor. Unfortunately the balconies are literally 3 inches deep. They are essentially patio doors that open onto a railing...

Otherwise, it was a good experience and definitely a good value for the location...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay twice for business. The hotel is impeccable! The service, staff and cleanliness are top notch. The rooms are lovely, with extremely comfortable beds. The balconies overlooking the water are the perfect place to relax after a long day. Be sure to take advantage of the free shuttle to and from South Beach. I would recommend the Marriott Biscayne Bay to anyone traveling to Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise and I'm so glad we did! It was perfect! It took maybe 3 minutes to get to the ship the next morning!

We had 2 rooms and we loved them both....one was a corner balcony with a killer view! Both rooms were very nice....only complaint is that the bathrooms are tiny.

Staff was incredible and so helpful! The directed us to the best places to eat....how to get to Target....the Bellman changed out $40 worth of money for me (because I needed ones and fives) to save me from having to go find a store to do it etc etc.

It was really a perfect experience. This was our first time bringing my husband's parents on a trip with us and we were VERY nervous about all of it....Will they like the hotel? Will they like the cruise? Will the hotel be close enough to the port? Will they think we chose the right hotel? Etc.... Well, it was awesome and everyone was beyond satisfied.....when my husband and I got in our car to drive to the ship....we both looked at each other and breathed a sigh of relief and I said "THIS is why we only stay at Marriott hotels!"

• Stayed December 2012
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Greetings!

We can't thank you enough for your kind words. As you can see in many other reviews here on TA, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service. Our associates truly enjoy hearing how they made a difference in the stay of our guests.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This large hotel has nicely updated rooms and excellent service. The lobby is quite nice. The gym has very nice equipment and is very large. I can tell the hotel made an investment. The hotel is connected to the Doubletree or Grand Hotel and there is direct access from the Marriott lobby to a little mall with several stores including a gourmet deli. The only meal i ate at the hotel was room service breakfast - pretty good but a little greasy. The hotel was located in an area with several hotels. I would not say there were a lot of stores in walking distance but the transit train appear closeby.

Yet, the garage is old dark and inadequate. The balconies to the room are quite old with furniture past its prime. I arrived late and the hotel was booked so i didn't bother to complain about my room location. I would not recommend room 629 to anyone because it looks out onto the pool bar and is across from the staff service door on the hall. I was not in the room a lot and was able to sleep when I was there - was simply exhausted from a long day. I did hear activity at the bar and did hear staff in the hall. Best to ask for a higher floor or at least a room in the lower 600s. I do not think many rooms at this hotel have much of a view.

Would I stay there again? Yes. The service and accommodations were quite good despite the areas Marriott did not update. Next time I will ask for a better room location and valet park my car though.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor and the lower the room # the better (further from pool and closer to bay). Ve...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am sharing your feedback with our Chef and with our Leadership Team so that we can discuss and address the concerns you expressed.

I am also sorry that you did not get to experience the spectacular views that we are known for here on TA and elsewhere. I hope you will stay with us again to truly experience all that the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay has to offer.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We only stayed at the hotel for one night, and everything was fantastic. Front desk personal were outstanding, very polite, helpful and always had a smile on their face. Room was a standard Marriott room with a great view of the bay area. I’m an Elite member and was able to access the lounge for Sunday breakfast which was a great plus since most of the lounges are closed on Sundays.
Pool is a little small but it’s heated! Kids did not care they had a great time.

I look forward to staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I noted that all the staff at the Marriott were exceptionally polite and willing to assist with any need we had. Throughout our stay the staff paid incredible attention to detail in food preparation, decoration, and cleanliness. Our room provided breathtaking views of Biscayne Bay as did their restaurant, Catch (be sure to check out their Mahi Mahi and enjoy their plantain chip appetizer). Our short stay was delightfully relaxing and we were thoroughly impressed with staff, food, and views.

Room Tip: The suites have a 180 view of the Bay that is amazing to look at in the bright morning sun or with t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night after our cruise because our flight didn't leave until Sunday morning. The desk staff was very helpful and pleasant, The restaurant manager was also very personable and we were going to eat there, but stayed down at Bayside for dinner. Our room (428) was horrible - but, since we were only staying there for 1 night, leaving at 5am, I guess that's somewhat understandable - guests paying for several nights would get the better rooms. I think it's ridiculous that guests have to pay $14.95/day for internet access in the rooms (free in the lobby), when you can go to a Starbuck's and get free WiFi and that in Ontario, that's the standard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side would likely be better. On the south side, rooms high up (above 9th floor) wo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I will be sharing your feedback with our leaders in the hotel so we can learn from your perspective. We will also be inspecting the room you stayed in to ensure that it meets our high standards. Thank you again for your time and for your business.

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!