“A welcome upgrade with a beautiful view” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #29 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado
“A welcome upgrade with a beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I arrived to be greeted by a very friendly staff. The doorman even remembered our name days later when we were still there. The hotel was extremely busy and some how we were upgraded to a suite with a view of the bay, cruise ships, and sunrise. We enjoyed the hotel a great deal. The area outside the hotel is still in a bit of a scary area. To the south is the art district and we felt safe walking over to the American Airlines Center. However, to the north to get to the Publix store you walk through a couple of apartment buildings, vacant lots, and the local people around there were a bit on the intimidating side. Just be careful! Illy coffee is served which is a welcome change from the usual Starbucks. (I like both but the change was nice). We had appetizers and drinks in the bar one night, a little pricey but it is Miami. Breakfast the following morning was really good. They have a nice open area with chef's preparing food - not your typical buffet by any means. We did enjoy the pool and hot tub one morning. It is a little strange tucked between a residential building and the hotel. You feel a little bit like you are on display. The hotel is connected to the neighboring residential and hotel building with a few shops and a small market which does sell liquor. There is an odd sports bar of sorts also in this area. Service was really slow there.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay or water view. One side of the building faces directly into a residential building and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here with Family and small children while attending BCS Championship Game.Staff was very pleasant and very helpful. Valet parking and doormen welcomed you back each time and often by name. Staff was able to answer every question we had. Room was clean view bayside was very nice.Pool not the greatest for young children. Restaraunt CATCH was quite good and had a varied menu with excellent buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms had great view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Marriott Biscayne for 2 nights prior to our cruise and we loved it. The hotel is dated, clean, and the staff are so welcoming and helpful. The airline lost my luggage and could not be delivered to the hotel before my departure on the cruise but the hotel kindy accepted to receive and store my bag until my return, although for the rest of my stay in Miami I had a reservation somewhere else.

Rooms are spacious enought, have comfortable beds and outstanding views (should you take a bay view room). The hotel is less than 10 min drive to south beach - $10 taxi ride + $1.5 toll should you take the Venetian drive. The same amount of time and money will take to get to Miami port as well.

If you like to walk (as we do) you can also walk to South Beach - we did, and it took us 1 hr at a slow pace.

I recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The location of this hotel was decent. Could walk to the stadium and marina. Could actually take a really nice walk over the bridge and all of the way into South Beach. Sometimes I would take the bikes and ride around. I probably stayed here at least 10 times. The problem with the hotel is housekeeping or the lack there of. No matter when I checked in, the room carpets were never vacuumed etc, and dont look under the bed.. its been months and months for cleaning under there.

The last time I was at this hotel, there was a pair of mens underwear on the floor in the closet, I took a hanger and tossed them into the hallway.. this was 9am, they were still there at 6pm, and housekeepers had been on the floor all day. They dont take pride in their job like they do at other Marriotts. I am a Marriott person by heart, always my favorite chain.. but this hotel dissapoints majorly.

The views from either side are great though, water or city or both!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was on vacation with the family and wanted a hotel close to the Port of Miami. This property came highly recommended and I must say it was a good choice. It was more than I expected. The room was clean and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The restaurant here is also quite good. I would stay here again based on the experience I had here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

we had 3 nights here prior to joining our cruise ship. Had booked some months earlier and got a very good deal. It is only a 3 minute walk to the 'free rail' into the city. Check in staff brilliant and so friendly compared to other hotels we have stayed in locally. Restaurant was very good and not duly overpriced like some we know. View from room over the port was impressive. Club level room was as most Marriotts, good service and free bits. Drinks very reasonableby priced.Just nice chilling out with a glass as the ships set sail, and sun went down.Highly recomended.

Room Tip: ask for high level and overlooking port.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There are people that just do their jobs and then there are those that are a true asset to their company. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting two such people on my stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on 11/3 & 4, & 9th. My friend and I had come to town a couple of days early to enjoy some R&R before catching the Music Boat cruise. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were treated as if we were so much more than just customers. It was as if we were family. The lovely Ms. Marjorie Sabbat was the first employee that impressed us. She greeted us, complimented us, helped us and laughed with us while we waited our turn in line. She then directed us to the extremely handsome Mr. Matthew Riani. He had such a charming, charismatic personality, he was a joy to conduct business with. Everything about our stay was great. The staff could have gotten frustrated because they were so busy with all of the people coming in for the Music Boat cruise, but they were very courteous instead, and we appreciated them so much. Also, the food at the Catch Grill & Bar was outstanding. So much so we ate there all three nights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!