“Nice Hotel, perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Hotel, perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Marriott Biscayne for 2 nights prior to our cruise and we loved it. The hotel is dated, clean, and the staff are so welcoming and helpful. The airline lost my luggage and could not be delivered to the hotel before my departure on the cruise but the hotel kindy accepted to receive and store my bag until my return, although for the rest of my stay in Miami I had a reservation somewhere else.

Rooms are spacious enought, have comfortable beds and outstanding views (should you take a bay view room). The hotel is less than 10 min drive to south beach - $10 taxi ride + $1.5 toll should you take the Venetian drive. The same amount of time and money will take to get to Miami port as well.

If you like to walk (as we do) you can also walk to South Beach - we did, and it took us 1 hr at a slow pace.

I recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The location of this hotel was decent. Could walk to the stadium and marina. Could actually take a really nice walk over the bridge and all of the way into South Beach. Sometimes I would take the bikes and ride around. I probably stayed here at least 10 times. The problem with the hotel is housekeeping or the lack there of. No matter when I checked in, the room carpets were never vacuumed etc, and dont look under the bed.. its been months and months for cleaning under there.

The last time I was at this hotel, there was a pair of mens underwear on the floor in the closet, I took a hanger and tossed them into the hallway.. this was 9am, they were still there at 6pm, and housekeepers had been on the floor all day. They dont take pride in their job like they do at other Marriotts. I am a Marriott person by heart, always my favorite chain.. but this hotel dissapoints majorly.

The views from either side are great though, water or city or both!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was on vacation with the family and wanted a hotel close to the Port of Miami. This property came highly recommended and I must say it was a good choice. It was more than I expected. The room was clean and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The restaurant here is also quite good. I would stay here again based on the experience I had here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

we had 3 nights here prior to joining our cruise ship. Had booked some months earlier and got a very good deal. It is only a 3 minute walk to the 'free rail' into the city. Check in staff brilliant and so friendly compared to other hotels we have stayed in locally. Restaurant was very good and not duly overpriced like some we know. View from room over the port was impressive. Club level room was as most Marriotts, good service and free bits. Drinks very reasonableby priced.Just nice chilling out with a glass as the ships set sail, and sun went down.Highly recomended.

Room Tip: ask for high level and overlooking port.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There are people that just do their jobs and then there are those that are a true asset to their company. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting two such people on my stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on 11/3 & 4, & 9th. My friend and I had come to town a couple of days early to enjoy some R&R before catching the Music Boat cruise. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were treated as if we were so much more than just customers. It was as if we were family. The lovely Ms. Marjorie Sabbat was the first employee that impressed us. She greeted us, complimented us, helped us and laughed with us while we waited our turn in line. She then directed us to the extremely handsome Mr. Matthew Riani. He had such a charming, charismatic personality, he was a joy to conduct business with. Everything about our stay was great. The staff could have gotten frustrated because they were so busy with all of the people coming in for the Music Boat cruise, but they were very courteous instead, and we appreciated them so much. Also, the food at the Catch Grill & Bar was outstanding. So much so we ate there all three nights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was my first trip to Miami and was very pleased with this hotel. The location was great for our business trip. Easy access to downtown. The hotel is very modern and clean. We upgraded to a room with a bay view for an extra $30 per night. Still very reasonable. The room was very comfortable, view fantastic and really enjoyed the upgraded bathroom amenities from bath and body works. I always bring my own but used theirs instead. We ordered room service on our first night. Pizza and Caesar salad. Both were great. There is a nice restaurant at the hotel but the menu was mostly fish and was a bit "gourmet" for our tastes, so we did not eat there. We did have drinks and were served by a very friendly bartender that remembered us the second night and also remembered what we were drinking. Great outdoor deck to sit and relax with comfortable couches. There is a shopping strip that connects the Marriott to the Doubletree next door. There are a couple of restaurants there, and many other small shops including a small convenience store which I found a plus. Valet was incredibly quick. Overall, the staff, room quality, location and cleanliness of this hotel cannot be beat. I would return and recommend to anyone. My one complaint would be that there was no mini fridge in the room. This is a very nice property. old job Marriott.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel has a strange location, sandwhiched in between two large apartments, so it's in a strange shape, until you realise that the views of the marina are perfect.

As always, you get the best of service, and the breakfast buffet make a first class meal, though not cheap. Easy access to the Mall accross the road makes this a great location, especially before a cruise from the nearby Port of Miami.

Dinner is very expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!