“Beautiful View” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Beautiful View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights at this hotel. The service was great, room was very nice, and we had a beautiful view from our room. The restaurant had delicious food and great service. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently visited Miami for a 4 day fashion event this hotel was the host hotel for the event. From the moment I pulled my car in to the driveway of the property I felt catered too. Caitlin at the front desk made my check-in experience wonderful and quick. There were a number of girls in our suite, some with cash others with credit, and she found a way to divide it all up with out any frustrations...Neil our bellman was ultra friendly and courteous too. The food at the Catch was good and there "everyday happy hour" was great for my wallet. Every staff member I came in contact with was so friendly and personable. I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and it will be my go-to hotel any time I am in the Miami area. Would advise a complimentary breakfast though.

Room Tip: A high floor and facing the ocean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed there for three days and the service and food was very good. The view to Biscayne Bay was just amazing !!! Loved it !!! Is is awesome that it is located within walking distance of great places !!!!

Room Tip: I check with Priceline and then I called the Hotel and actually got a better deal. I was able to get...
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Another night stop in Miami and another stay in the Marriott. Been staying here for many years on and off.
Rooms have been updated along the usual Marriott style, clean and fresh with average space, big TV and nice balcony over looking downtown and off to the cruise port in the distance.
Last few times I've stayed (last month and this) I have had trouble sleeping due to outside noise - might be handy if they upgrade the patio doors for better sound proofing and the same for the internal doors, as I write this someone from housekeeping is walking along the corridor with walkie talkie at full pitch, if I can here it in here do they really need it so loud!?
That being said this is a good location for basing yourself for business or Pre/post cruise but if on holiday I would probably opt for the beach with more activity around and safer areas to wonder from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Like others we stayed here before leaving on a cruise form Miami. Had three rooms both the night before the cruise and then stayed one night after returning to port. Great service and great rooms - all had views of the bay and the cruise port. Food prices a bit higher than we'd like but convenient and service was good. Comfortable veranda for eating or relaxing off the restaurant - consciege staff helpfull and especially Suzanne at the reservation check in desk - actually remembered us on the return visit. Shuttle for local area including South Beach.
We'd stay here again even if not going on a cruise.

Room Tip: King rooms were very roomy as were the rooms with two beds (we had a total of 3 rooms).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here one night before our cruise out of Miami. We had a room on the 31st floor. They told us it was city view. We were able to see the city and the bay. We had a nice view of the cruise ships. The room was very large and very clean. Having the balcony was an added bonus. We had a good rate for the room because it was arranged through our tour group.
We took a taxi from the airport, which cost $30.00 including tip. They have a shuttle that runs to the port for $6.00 a person.
We ate lunch at the restaurant when we arrived. And breakfast the next morning. My only real complaint about the place is the price of the meals & drinks in the restaurant. We paid $35.00 + tip for a sandwich that we shared and 2 drinks. That's a pricey lunch. But worse was the cost of the breakfast buffet. $21.00 per person. Unfortunately I didn't think to ask the price before we decided to eat off the buffet. I definitely did not eat $21.00 worth of food.
Overall great place and I would stay here again. Maybe just try some other places to eat.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stopped here for two nights at the beginning of October. The room was a little tired, and could do with a refurbishment but was very clean, and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. All in all very good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!