“Excellent stay before a cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #31 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent stay before a cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here one night before our cruise out of Miami. We had a room on the 31st floor. They told us it was city view. We were able to see the city and the bay. We had a nice view of the cruise ships. The room was very large and very clean. Having the balcony was an added bonus. We had a good rate for the room because it was arranged through our tour group.
We took a taxi from the airport, which cost $30.00 including tip. They have a shuttle that runs to the port for $6.00 a person.
We ate lunch at the restaurant when we arrived. And breakfast the next morning. My only real complaint about the place is the price of the meals & drinks in the restaurant. We paid $35.00 + tip for a sandwich that we shared and 2 drinks. That's a pricey lunch. But worse was the cost of the breakfast buffet. $21.00 per person. Unfortunately I didn't think to ask the price before we decided to eat off the buffet. I definitely did not eat $21.00 worth of food.
Overall great place and I would stay here again. Maybe just try some other places to eat.

1,264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stopped here for two nights at the beginning of October. The room was a little tired, and could do with a refurbishment but was very clean, and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. All in all very good value for money.

Kirkwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were joining a cruise ship in Miami (flying from the UK) and needed an overnight stay on the way out and when we returned. We chose the Marriot, Biscayne Bay, Miami and so pleased we did! This is probably one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. On both nights we were given rooms overlooking the marina and it was incredible! The views are exceptional. The hotel is absolutely spotless,and the room furnishings are top class. The best thing for about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, I cannot praise them enough. Thank you everyone for memories which will last forever! This hotel is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the marina and south beach, you will remember this view forever!
La Romana, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is my fourth stay here. I do business in Haiti and have many associates in the immediate are such that I have patiently waited forJ. w. Marriott to come through on their promises.

Tonight I am staying in room 1116, for 2.3 billion pet night, plus 14.95 USD for wireless Internet that does not work.

I finally had to phone the hotel via my cell phone and the switchboard answered on the 12th ring, only to explain that they "understand my frustration."

Which I can only conclude that I am hardly the first to find this hotel a total rip off.

Just.

Saying.

The hotel, as of this writing, refuses to reverse the charges for the non-working Internet.

Regards,

Harry Richard Quadracci, PhD
President
Quadracci, Vieux & Sons Coffee
La Rose, Haiti

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Greetings!

I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this post and thank you for sharing this information. I am pleased that we were able to connect with you while you were still here at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

We do look at feedback as a gift as it allows us to improve on our facilities and service so thank you for this. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again as we truly appreciate your business!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Nicely renovated. You know its good if pilots and flight attendants stay here in droves. Clean with great service as well. They even lent me a cell phone charger. Concierge lounge serves drinks appetizers and breakfast for gold and platimnum members. Highly recommended hotel for miami

• Stayed October 2012
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel itself was 'all right' but nothing special. The thing that bothered me the most was the location. I was attending a conference at the Miami Beach Convention Center and traveling to and from the conference from the Marriott Biscayne Bay was an enormous pain. There is very little action around the hotel and I found myself being 'away' from anything remotely interesting. I will definitely be looking to stay in Miami Beach or South Beach next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oakland, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The one thing I can say is that dependent on which room you're in, the view is great. Other than that, I've got nothing good. The food is absolutely horrible. Due to late flights, I arrived around midnight and was starving. Room service is open late (which is good), but the food is horrible. I thought breakfast might be better...no such luck. On top of that, the utensils with my morning meal were dirty and the mustard packet on the tray was partially opened with food on it (not the food I had, since I ordered pancakes and this appeared to be meat of some sort). So I ended up taking one bite from both meals and pushing the tray out the door. The shower did not fully come on, so the water coming out of the shower head basically sprinkled while there was a flood actually coming out of the faucet. When I unplugged the iron, the outlet came out with it, I actually had to push the outlet back into the wall. A member of the cleaning staff came in while I was still in the room and apparently I wasn't moving fast enough getting out of the room because she was completely annoyed by my presence and very unfriendly. If I hadn't actually seen her clean as she was rushing me out, I would never have known it because the room appeared to have been cleaned by someone who was blindfolded with both hands tied behind their back. I definitely won't be staying here again and would not recommend it to anyone. I could go on, but why bother. There was one highlight; I assume he would be considered hotel security; he saw me arrive late, drove his cart around and stayed with me until I got my bags out of the car and then escorted me to the front desk. Very, very nice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!