“Beautiful view, needs some updating” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1633 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Beautiful view, needs some updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Loved our stay. Service was excellent. The pool, pool patio and pool bar all need some updating. The restaurant had great food, good service and reasonable prices. The view of the bay and Port of Miami was a great highlight. Exercise room has a great view as well. A couple of the machines were broken.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Good Day,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. We wanted to take a moment to share our follow up on your comments. We have fixed the two machines in the fitness center that were not working properly and it was a programming issue according to the company we purchased them from. We have also made a great deal of changes to the pool area based on the feedback of multiple guests on this site! In just the past few weeks, we have changed the color scheme and furniture. Additionally, we have re-invigorated the pool bar and recreation areas. We also modified some of our landscaping and seating to capitalize on the magnificent views that have earned so many compliments here on Trip Advisor. Again we sincerely thank you for your business and for sharing your experiences here for others to learn from!

1,241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sandestin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I recently stayed here under difficult circumstances concerning my passport ( Miami passport office is right across the street). The room was perfect, the amenities were on par with other Marriotts, but what made this an exceptional stay was the staff and the guest services. Upon checking in and making my situation known, Constance was as helpful and accomaditing as anyone could ever ask for. The entire staff from Valet to Housekeepers were friendly and helpful. The view of Miami Beach from the room can't be beat. I would without hesitation stay here again, hopefully under different circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here with two friends in August and had a great time. Very friendly and efficient staff that are willing to help out in a second. The front desk and concierge went out of their way to find us the best tours and local "hot spots" to eat and have fun.

We got room service one night when we were there--- food was pretty decent however it took a very very long time. When we called down to check on the food they ask "oh, it is not there yet?" So, just seems that coordination could have been a bit better.

One of the best features of the hotel room was that we had a small balcony which was nice as we had a decent view of the port where the cruise ships came in and out. I would stay here again if I could get a little better price on the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Quick visit in late September. Easy check in, attentive service, very welcoming staff. The room is nice, but not particularly large. Pretty small bathroom would be our biggest complaint. The hotel is a wee bit dated, but it obviously is busy and gets a lot of use. Would stay here again because of the staff's attitude. It is also very convenient to Miami Beach, downtown, and man local attractions.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I attended a meeting at the nearby Hilton but stayed here to help maintain my Marriott Platinum Elite status. It was an easy walk through the common parking garage to the meeting in the Hilton. I asked for and was given an upgrad. The room was very nice with a great view of the water. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I had a short stay at this hotel The hotel is really nice and the location although is out of the main South Beach Area it is still a nice area to be in. I liked the stay here but i did find the room not really Marriott class.

The other thing in Miami is that you would not spend too much time in the room anyways but I am one person who likes to have a nice room. The bathroom and closet for me were very small. The room size was although ok.

The hotel staff is very good here and sometimes will go out of the way to help. I really like to mention Michael or Mike who was really helpful for us for recommendation and all. Do ask the conceirge if they have special vip passes for some clubs. They will give it to you.

They have a good shuttle service to south beach so do make use of that!

Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here not long ago. It was ok. While getting my room. They told me they just renovated and spent 31 million dlls. On what??? I have no idea. Unless the place was a complete crap hole. Then ok. I believe them. But it was nice already. But the rooms were just ok. And while I looked outside my room. I envyed the pool next door at the double tree. And the fun the kids were having. While on our side it was just there. Oh well. Maybe next time.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!