“Enjoy the ocean breeze from your balcony” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arkansas
“Enjoy the ocean breeze from your balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

Like having a balcony that overlooks the ocean? I do! But I also like internet access...

Let's start with the positive: I attended a conference at Miami's Marriott Biscayne Bay in February. It is a beautiful hotel with nice staff, comfy beds, Bath and Body Works products, and an Illy coffee bar and separate restaurant. But my favorite amenity was the accessibly balcony from my room with a decent view of the bay. When I had to work, it was a luxury to get to do so while enjoying the ocean breeze.

Sine I rarely left the hotel on this visit, I experienced most of what they have to offer. The conference rooms were nice, and the catered food was decent. I ate at the restaurant "Catch" once for dinner and once for bfast. Breakfast was great - a tasty egg white omelet with avocado and fruit (I appreciated the fruit substitution for hash browns). A bfast buffet was available, but I didn't want that much food.

And now the less-than-positive: My dinner experience at "Catch" was average. The service that night was awful, cigar smoke overpowered the deck, and the chef refused any substitutions for my friend who drove an hour to Miami to see me. That said, my salmon was good. (For dinner, walk around the block for sushi at Nove instead of eating at " Catch.")

In addition to my not- so-great dinner experience, my only other complaint is the horrible ( and I mean horrible) Internet and cell phone coverage at this hotel.during the conference, I rarely even had a 3G/cellular signal to get text messages, much less Internet access. For a working mom on a business trip, this was frustrating. Even in the lobby, where wifi was "free," I had to use my 3G access because the signal was so slow. In the rooms, Internet access is extra.

Marriott, it's time to catch up!

All of this is to say, one deep breath from my balcony with the ocean view is all it took for my "Catch" and wifi troubles to just melt away.

• Stayed February 2012

1,241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed here several times before taking a cruise out of Miami. The cruise port is less than 10 minutes away. There are some dining options close by. The hotel was nicely updated in late 2010 and made the place even more enjoyable to stay at.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

great location for the boat show! Very centrally located

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We chose this hotel in order to be right at the pulse of the Miami Boat Show. At $400/night we were disappointed to say the least. While they were kind and friendly, the expediency of our requests were slow and lacking. The ice machine was not operating on our floor and at the request of ice and glasses each night (maid did not leave glasses two nights in a row), they took forever to respond. The did compensate us w/ a mini fridge during our stay, however, at that price...why wasn't there one in the room to begin with? We've decided that we will stay at the Doubletree next door, or on Miami Beach next time we visit the show.

Room Tip: The higher the better for more quiet accomodations and a better view of the bay.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Good Day!

I am terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. Please know that your feedback will enable us to better serve our guests as we will share it with the appropriate departments. We focus a great deal of our training on how to provide excellent guest service and, based on the reviews here, we are seeing success. We will be sure to reinforce the equal importance of rapid response to guest requests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We wanted to spend the day prior to our cruise in a nice hotel on Biscayne Bay and that's exactly what we got. Our room had a wonderful view which we enjoyed during the day and at night with all the city and bay lights. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The front office was extremely helpful when we asked for directions to a local city center that had wonderful choices of food for dinner and even watched the Super Bowl at the Hard Rock Cafe. Also, the hotel recommended using the Metro to the center which was free and very direct to several locations. All in all we had a fun one day stay and really enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view.....you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jupiter
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Marriott is normally great place to stay. Mixed review of this experience. Asked for an early ck in, on arrival told not quite ready but would call shortly ( 12:30p, finally we had to approach at 4:30. Breakfast we were asked which type toast to bring with oureggs then found extra charges for toast on the bill? Just minor annoyances with no justification. Nice lobby friendlystaff. On the bay, could do better in customer service.

Stayed February 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Book this hotel fairly last minute via Priceline for one night prior to embarking on a cruise vacation. As with all downtown Miami hotels, parking is overpriced ($26-30 a night), I was going to be moving my car to an off site lot ($4.50 a night) after check in for the duration of my cruise. The Valets let me park my car off to the side out of the way while I checked in.

I arrived at 5pm to a busy hotel, but check in was friendly, quick and efficient. I thought with my Priceline reservation I’d end up with the dregs of room location, but had a lovely marina view from the 23rd floor.

The room was nicely appointed. The bed very comfortable though they had to have some of the smallest bed pillows I’ve seen in a long while. The toiletries were Bath and Body Works Ginger Orange – a nice touch. The only negative to my room was the sliding glass door whistled when it was closed completely. I slept with it cracked open ever so slightly to stop the whistle.

A couple things were easy to miss: the safe is located in the desk drawer, and a coffee maker was on the top shelf of the closet.

Free Wi-Fi was available in the lobby. Attached to the hotel is a small mall-like area with shops and places to eat. In the morning a receipt for my stay was slipped under my door, check out via the TV was quick and painless.

It was a $10 cab ride to the port in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!