“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I booked this hotel for my husband's 40th Bday/5th yr wedding anniv while in Miami.I booked a regular room but they upgraded us to a king/balcony room view. It is very convenient to downtown Miami and SOBE and Miami port of call. Check in ran smoothly, customer service was great, with that being said we had a "SLIGHT" problem with the housekeeping. We came back from the beach and discovered our room wasn't cleaned. I called first to let inform them of this problem and then my husband called a second time. The supervisor called to check the status of housekeeping, well when she did arrive she explained to us that it was a problem with the linen truck and she was very apolgetic. We hear a knock on the door(to our surprise) we were delivered wine,strawberries and cheese for their MISTAKE, (we were not expecting this from mgr Guest Relations)!! We will definately stay here again for our upcoming cruise next yr. Well done Marriott!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

Shhh. This is too good to keep a secret. Great room rate, nice rooms with awesome views of biscayne bay. The hotel has a illy coffee shop, a restaurant and bar with daily happy hour and a free shuttle to sobe! The night we were there they had live music on the terrace of Catch the hotel restaurant. It was a nice to have quality live music and price friendly drinks and snacks. It was a great way to start our trip

• Stayed August 2011
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

It was my second time at the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel. First time after the renovation ...WOW...the hotel looks beautiful and the customer service awesome.

I love that they add a coffee boutique located at the lobby level. The coffee was delicious and more to say about the staff. Every morning my husband and I had a fresh coffee and the attendants received us with a BIG smile!!!

We are ready to come back in December!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am a local in miami. I had dinner at Catch restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff was really friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant. The Miami spice menu is delicious.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I just revisited this hotel with my wife and children. It is totally new since my last visit. The lobby is modern and I love Illy coffee. Believe it or not in downtown Miami you can eat outside on the bay. The just opened restaurant "Catch" has someone special in the back. The food was outstanding and the service was spot on. I happened to see a rainbow and a manatee from the concierge lounge. No joke.... top 3 views in all of my travels from up there. The staff was helpful and engaging, even when my kids were melting down. I will definatly be back, but maybe with just my wife.... those views, and a nice bottle of wine?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Delray Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at this property a few times in the last 3 months.
The service has gone downhill. Just today checked in and the room had no remote control, no toilet paper in the bathroom, and no glasses.

Let's not even mention no fridge per my or Concierge floor room per my Platinum preferences.

Took me over an hour just to get a remote control so I might relax for a few minutes at 9pm at at night after traveling and working all day.

And they recently had a supposed multi million dollar renovation but neglected to put something simple like WiFi in the rooms like even Faifield inns have.

This is no doubt my last stay at this property and I really need to start considering Hilton.

• Stayed August 2011
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is really pretty inside and the rooms and bathrooms ate spacious. We ordered roo service breakfast and it was pretty good and it came quickly. Breakfast in the hotel was good but the service lacked. It didn't seem to be able to handle a crowd so we ate at the bar which was not wise since we had to ask for silverware and drinks which took forever. The outside pool is nice, kind of blah and quiet. Cpuld use a little renovation anc there is a bar outside that serves fun drinks The location to south beach was great and they always had taxis waiting out front. I would stay here again. Check out tooooook fooooorrrreeeevvveeerrr. Thank goodness I didn't have a slew of kids with me bc I would have lost it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!