“Terrible Front Desk Service” 3 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Terrible Front Desk Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

You will want to know that parking in the garage is extra. The double bed room was comfortable and clean, but the balcony is very tiny. Although two chairs and a small table are on the balcony, they barely fit into the small space. No kitchen/kitchenette, microwave, or refrigerator was in the room

The fitness center is awesome--best I've seen in a hotel. Kids under twelve were in the fitness center playing on the equipment. Hotel may want incorporate activities for the kids.

The pool and courtyard are nice but in need of minor repairs.

The location was good and the activities for the July 4, 2011 were appropriate for family members.

Our family of four stayed for July 4, 2011 and the hotel itself was nice. During check-in, we encountered a rude front desk clerk named Gina and initially attributed the behavior to her having a bad day. She was curt and unhelpful from beginning of our check-in up until the end.

However our second encounter with the same clerk was even worse than the first. We reserved through the Marriott's main reservation number for our second stay, before leaving Florida and this was one week later. We were told the room type was unavailable. It was clear this clerk did not belong in a front desk position. She was very abrupt when we made inquiries abt the reservation and the room's availability, to the point we were unable to complete the sentence. We specifically requested to see the hotel manager, and the clerk called the front desk manager. While she was apologetic for her staff members behavior, the room was still not ready for check-in. We later decided to cancel before the deadline mentioned by the Marriott reservation desk and stay elsewhere due to the confusion with the clerk, check-in and just bad customer service.

Upon review of our bank statement, we found the hotel charged us for the stay. We contacted Marriott and the charge was promptly reversed.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel specifically, as we were told by the desk manager ththe Marriott reservation desk...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
I am terribly sorry that you had such a negative experience on your last stay with us. As is evident from many other reviews on this site, your experience is definitely not the norm and certainly doesn’t reflect the experience we strive to offer all guests of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. Please know that we will address this issue and we are very appreciative of the time you took to offer this feedback to us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Middleburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip and would definitely come back. I wish I had planned to stay over the weekend with my wife. The room was very nice and the view spectacular. The hotel is also near many Miami attractions.

• Stayed July 2011
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

FIrst of all I must say this is a great business hotel, with adequately appointed rooms and free wifi access in the lobby. There are also several reasonably priced restaurants located in/near the property that make it easy for grabbing a bite before/after work. Other than business travel this hotel is great for a pre or post cruise stay since it's really close to the Port of Miami. If you are looking for a hotel to see the sights of Miami choose something in South Beach, this hotel is in a business district, there aren't really any tourist attractions nearby, you'd need a car to see anything.

I traveled to this hotel to accompany my spouse on a business trip, and we traveled with our 3 month old infant. The hotel pack-n-play was adequate, but I wished they'd had something a little smaller since it took up so much space in the room. I'd recommend bringing your own travel bassinette if you can. Baby and I were stuck in the hotel all day since it was too hot outside for her and we didn't have a car available. There is a small mall area located adjacent to the hotel lobby, so that is helpful for killing some time or buying some trinkets, but otherwise there isn't much else to do. The neighborhood seemed kinda sketchy for walking with the stroller in the heat. We had a nice view from our room, but no balcony. I ordered room service a few times and found the staff to be very nice and helpful with my requests.

Although we didn't use either of them, the hotel pool and gym were fine. The pool was small and all the chairs seemed full by 11am, but there was ample space if you just wanted to cool off or enjoy a drink at the pool bar. The fitness center was tiny but just enough equipment to get in a quick workout, better than most business hotels I've stayed in. I'd recommend bringing your running shoes and running outdoors. There is a nice 3-4 mile run across the bridge into South Beach that is a great after or before work workout. The lobby has local running maps available.

Stay here if your in town for business or cruising, especially if you can get a great room rate and a room with a view of the port. Otherwise there are much better options in South Beach.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The location is convenient, especially for cruisers (request a room with a harbor view on a higher floor). Based on my request we were on the very top floor facing the harbor. Amazing view both day and night, we even saw a manatee swimming in the small harbor below (from the 29th floor). Hotel staff were friendly, hotel was clean, room was very comfortable, clean and large. Would love to stay here again and HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011 via mobile

My family and I stayed on the 4th of july 2011. The meal and entertainment was excellent and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2011
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

me and my wife stayed here on july 16.2011.the property is beautiful and the front desk was very helpful.room service was bending over backwards to accomendate our every need.balcony with full bayview made it extra special and plenty of shops including liquer store and deli right on the property.would diffenatly stay again.oh yes and paid $170.00 for the room,received a great deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Miami...We were given a suite on the 23rd floor and all I was expecting was a regular King Room....and that was all I had paid for..when we were taken to this room and the door was opened we were all in awe....it was the most beautiful room with the most beautiful view I have even seen...it was a corner suite overlooking the Bay...we just wanted a room close to the Port as we were taking a cruise the next day...as excited as I was about taking my first cruise I did not even want to leave this room...the view was so magnificent we slept with all the curtains wide open......the service was great...all the staff was amazing and friendly..the food in the restaurant was great....the pool was beautiful...everything was just so convenient...the only reason I chose this hotel was because our son in law was getting a free pre-cruise room here with his Marriott rewards...I was really not familiar with Marriott hotels...I am a huge fan of theirs now....and the bed....oh sooooo comfortable...we have stayed at a couple of more hotels in the Marriott chain since this trip and although they were not as luxurious as our Miami stay they were extremely comfortable as well....Thank you Marriott for a vacation memory that my family will treasure forever...I just cannot say enough good things, and the pictures we took were beautiful but do not even do justice to the beauty of everything....

Room Tip: the corner suite on the 23rd floor is magnificent!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!