“An excellent alternative to South Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“An excellent alternative to South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed in the Intercontinental for one night when our flight out of Miami was cancelled but wish that we had had more time to spend there. A beautifully hotel with one of the largest lobby / atrium areas I have ever seen. The staff were all eager to help out when required and the location is right next to the Bayside and Downtown area with lots of shops, bars and restaurants within a few minutes walking distance. The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport and right next to the port for the cruise ships and is priced very reasonably by Miami standards.
My only gripe is with the cost of the wifi at the hotel, $17.95 is ridiculous when most others are offering this service for free.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear David S,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of the InterContinental Miami. I'm delighted that you had a great overnight stay with us! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facility, premier location, service and found our hotel to be of value for money.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the fee for internet access and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that this doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future. Please know that all IHG Reward Club members receive complimentary WiFi and enrollment in the rewards program is free!

Thank you again for the feedback. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

My wife and I chose the InterContinental Miami because of its proximity to our cruise ship that was disembarking the following day. From the point of the door opening in our cab by the valet to the spacious air conditioned lobby during check in, the sense of arrival is stunning. The lobby is enormous with no ceiling in site and it opens up to a bustling restaurant area with a friendly concierge service, ATM and other shops. If you're going on a cruise, request a bay view room and you can even see your ship the night before you leave to further fuel the excitement of your journey. The reception gave us an early check in and we had time to visit the Miami Heat arena and the BaySide Marketplace (5 minutes walking) which was full of cafes, restaurants, and interesting shops - a real sense of Miami flavor. We did not get a chance to visit, but also heard that the Art Museum was within walking distance. The lunch buffet at the Intercontinental was also amazing which surprised us because it received a couple of negative reviews. This hotel offers a five star experience at a great rate and we highly recommend it for anyone looking to visit this part of Miami for any reason, especially pre or post cruise - we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request bay view for a great view of the cruise ships
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear crocodilesmile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm happy to hear that we were able to offer you and your wife a great pre-cruise stay. We strive to ensure that our guests are given a warm welcome and 5-star service from the moment they walk through our doors and I'm thrilled that we did just that! I'm so happy that you were able to explore some of the great amenities that Downtown Miami and the InterContinental Miami has to offer and I appreciate your recommendations to our future guests.

I am pleased and proud to count you among our guests and I look forward to your next visit.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at the intercontinental for my anniversary with my wife and had a awesome time. The hotel is by the beautiful waterfront in downtown Miami.The hotel is in impeccable shape. The staff is wonderful. Spent time by the pool and ask for Clint he makes awesome mojitos. We also went to the breakfast and happy hour on the 29th floor and it was great. Mario Oliveiros was also incredible as well. The room are very well kept, and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. The intercontinental is conveniently located next to brickelll were there are tasty restaurant and bayside and also Miami South Beach. The whole experience was gratifying. For anyone wanting to get away for a weekend or for out state visitors I recommend to stay at the intercontinental, if you want to experience the best of MIAMI!!!!!!

Dear Joseph S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled that you and your wife had a memorable experience while celebrating your anniversary. We certainly take great pride in offering excellent customer service to all of our guests and I appreciate the accolades to our colleagues who did an outstanding job.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, offerings in the Club Lounge, well-appointed accommodations and amenities.

Thank you so much for your recommendations. For you to refer to our hotel as the best in Miami brings me great joy and pride! I am pleased and proud to count you among our guests and I look forward to your return.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

A truly great hotel. They understand that visitors expect a certain level of service and they deliver so consistently throughout the hotel without fail. The hotel is clean, fresh and modern. It has all the amenities that you need and is a great alternative to anything on South Beach. The club lounge is a great facility to use too.

Room Tip: Overlooking the water in the upper floors
Green Features: Really good as many travelers now expect. I think that they have a good handle on what is realistic without cutting out key services and amenities.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Myles H,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you had a flawless experience. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are given a warm welcome and 5-star service throughout their stay and I'm thrilled that we did just that. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team and congratulate them on a job well done!

It was truly a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I certainly hope it's not too long before you visit us again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Upon check in my family and I were treated like royalty. We were upgraded for free to a water view room which we just thought was spectacular. We loved the room with its views and comfortable beds. It was fantastic that it was so close to the Hop on-Hop Off bus and in walking distance of shopping, restaurants and American Airlines Arena as we had tickets to see the "Heat". The kids especially loved the dancing girls silhouetted on the building. Would definitely stay here again (but would love to come back to enjoy Miami without the kids)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear SparklyEyes2014,

Thank you for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. It's a pleasure to hear that you were given a warm welcome and VIP treatment from the moment you arrived. I'm happy that you enjoyed your upgraded accommodations, our convenient location and service.

I'm thrilled to hear that you would love to return and I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

It was our honeymoon & I decided to stay at the Intercontinental for it. I had even asked a employee, Yasser, to help me set up the room for me for the surprise. He did such a marvelous job. He even suggested a few things that my wife really enjoyed. My wife really loved the whole thing! With all her gifts & exceptional service. I love this hotel, I'll definitely be coming back for another stay

• Stayed August 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear mrman78,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Miami to celebrate your honeymoon and congratulations on the recent nuptials! I'm so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and offered you and your wife a 5-star experience.I appreciate your accolades to Yasser who was able to make your stay a little brighter and accommodate your needs. He'll be thrilled to hear the kind remarks! I'm thrilled that you're already planning your next stay and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Alpine, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Intercontinental in Miami is the best place to stay if you are looking for a luxury hotel in an excellent location. It puts you right where you want to be in Miami plus it benefits from an amazing view of the area. The rooms are great and the service is very attentive. Everything from the pool area to the restaurant is very well organized and we were very much impressed by our stay. Look forward to visiting again soon !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John R,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you found our location, facilities and amenities to be well-suited to your needs. It's always a pleasure to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations and I'm so proud that you're already planning your next trip! I truly appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!