“Beautiful hotel worth visiting !” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Alpine, New Jersey
“Beautiful hotel worth visiting !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Intercontinental in Miami is the best place to stay if you are looking for a luxury hotel in an excellent location. It puts you right where you want to be in Miami plus it benefits from an amazing view of the area. The rooms are great and the service is very attentive. Everything from the pool area to the restaurant is very well organized and we were very much impressed by our stay. Look forward to visiting again soon !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear John R,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you found our location, facilities and amenities to be well-suited to your needs. It's always a pleasure to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations and I'm so proud that you're already planning your next trip! I truly appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Polish first
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The room was comfortable and well-appointed. The restaurant bar was lively with a DJ and sexy bartenders. I had a marvelous time at the spa. I even enjoyed a champagne party at the spa. Why not have free drinks, free massages, and free mini-facials at the spa while a DJ spins the wheels of steel? It is Miami! I also enjoyed the free champagne night at the bar. You may be seeing a champagne theme here and one that I am totally comfortable with. My only wish was there had been more options for romantic lighting in the room; one wants to be well lit, no? The breakfast in the dining room was acceptable, but not sensational. The fitness center was fantastic and I used it everyday with alacrity. I would go back as i had a great time and since I was in the hotel 95% of my stay in Miami, the hotel must have had much to do with the success of my trip. I was attending a conference and the catering the hotel provided was excellent. (Full disclosure: I own a little stock in the company. This trip made me pleased with the investment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear SpinozasLens,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you a memorable stay and 5-star experience during your recent trip to Miami. I hope that you had an equally enjoyable time at your conference. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our well-appointed accommodations, hotel facilities and amenities and most importantly, the champagne!

It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests were able to set aside some time for a little pampering and I'm delighted that you enjoyed the event at mySpa. I appreciate your suggestions for improvements that could be made in terms of lighting in the room and I will be sure to share your remarks with our team for future consideration.

Thank you for your loyalty to IHG and the InterContinental brand. I am pleased and proud to count you among our guests and I look forward to your return.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Me and my family are so impressed with this hotel that we go there whenever we get the chance. The location, premises and especially the staff are excellent. We are almost treated like family with the one on one service which is provided by staff. It is clean, great value for money and accessible to everything. This is definitely the best hotel we have stayed in anywhere in the world. Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a stay in a classy hotel!! :)

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking either the bay or city.....both views are breathtaking!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear lck394,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I'm thrilled that we continue to offer you memorable experiences. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our convenient location, beautiful facility and the service you receive from our staff. It is such an honor for you to refer to the InterContinental Miami as the best hotel you've stayed in! Our staff will be thrilled to know that their hard work and dedication is appreciated.

Thank you so much for your recommendations. As a member of the InterContinental Miami family, I do hope its not too long before you visit us again! We look forward to having you.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We couldn't have been more impressed. It was a three day getaway from elsewhere in Florida, during which, we only left in the car once - for a visit to South Beach. We probably would have enjoyed dinner at Tora Tora, based on the menu, but decided to take a walk to the Brickell District for dining. Had we been less ambitious, there is a people mover station directly to the side of the hotel. The room was a standard with enough extra space to feel like a 5-star. All appointments were perfectly maintained and immaculate. The pool area had a nice bar & dining option, great view of the water, cruise ships,etc. With more time we would have spent time at the walkable attractions, but on the brief schedule the room, the pool and the gym were sufficient. As an earlier traveler noted, there is a $39 Valet Fee for Parking - I recently paid $45 for less service in Chicago. This valet service was also 5-star - sending is on our way with a bottle of water and a genuine interest in ensuring that we enjoyed the hotel. I am biased toward IHG Brands because the points never expire, but this hotel does everything an Intercontinental should without the stuffy self-important attitude I have experienced in other 5 stars. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: It is a clean, beautiful part of the city - any view is a good one.
Green Features: In room recycling is a great feature - it makes me feel more confident that it is actually happening.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear NTG61,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations and offered you a great mini getaway! I'm so happy that you enjoyed our premier location, spacious accommodations, hotel facilities and amenities and most importantly; the 5-star service you received from our staff.

We strive to ensure that our facilities and service are of the highest quality and I'm so happy to hear that we did just that! Thank you so much for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I truly appreciate your recommendations and I hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Gilsland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel, perfectly situated for access to bars, restaurants, shopping & public transport. We had a room with a massive picture window, and an outstanding view over the Bay. The room was big and comfy with a HUGE bed. Nice & clean to start, but (disappointingly) housekeeping standards were low during our stay - and we had to complain to Reception to get the toilet cleaned, towels replaced etc. Used the Club Lounge every day for breakfast, afternoon tea, and free champagne before we went out in the evening: lovely, helpful, friendly staff. Valet parking is pricey, but they kept the car safe, and we had very quick access to it whenever we needed it. We didn't use the spa facilities, but we did get a tour. and they looked lovely.

Room Tip: Try for rooms with a picture window overlooking the Bay: it's a beautiful view, day & night
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Heavenl1y,

Thank you for your fantastic remarks. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our premier location, well-appointed accommodations, and experience in the Club Lounge. I am disappointed to hear that the housekeeping service you received throughout your stay fell below your expectations and I wish your stay hadn't been negatively affected. I do hope that this doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that I'll have the opportunity to welcome you back and offer you the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My new husband and I stayed at this hotel before we boarded our cruise for our honeymoon.

Service:
We arrived early (about 11:30 a.m.) and they were able to accommodate our early check-in. After finding out we were newly-weds the front desk personnel brought us chocolates and Champaign to our room as a surprise! The service was excellent from start to finish.

Style:
The common spaces in interior of the hotel, especially the entrance and restaurants were well designed and spacious. The hotel has a posh feeling, although the guest rooms themselves was lacking in that same vibe.

Local:
As far as location, it's a 7 minute cab ride to the cruise terminal and 20 minute cab ride to South Beach. There is a public bus a short walk (less than one block) that will take you to South Beach as well. It's a 30 minute shuttle ride from MIA. The Intercontinental is more in the downtown business district but overall it worked for us. If you are there for a beach vacation you may want to stay on South Beach.

Overall:
We would stay here again, especially if we were able to book for a reasonable price (we paid $200 on priceline in March).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear HarleyQuin,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. Congratulations on the recent nuptials! I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to make your honeymoon a bit brighter and I hope that you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise!

I'm so happy that you received great service from our staff. We strive to ensure that our guests are given a memorable experience and I'm happy that you enjoyed the little surprise that we were able to send to you and your husband!

It's always nice to hear that our guests had a flawless experience and would stay with us again in the future! I do hope it's not too long before you plan your next visit. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can offer my personal assistance with your reservation and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Winston-Salem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel Aug. 8 & 9, 2014. The hotel is very nice! We had a nice view of the bay, the bathroom is beautiful, the beds are comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing I did not like about this luxury is the luxury price of valet parking; $39.00 a night! The hotel is walking distance from local attractions such as Bayside, and the American Airlines Arena. Also, if you like shopping at Ross or Marshall's, those stores are in walking distance as well. Shorty after checking in I received a text message from a member of the staff. This is the way communicated if I needed anything such as direction, extra towels etc. I thought that was cool! They always responded very quickly. It's like they were on standby just for me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear LuvToTravel-CEG,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facility, well-appointed accommodations, breathtaking views and location. I'm most happy to hear that you received excellent service from our staff. It is something that we take great pride in so I'm delighted that we didn't disappoint.

Zingle is our new texting program which allows us to interact with our guests more efficiently to ensure that all of your needs are met and I'm so happy that you found it to be useful during your stay!

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the charge for valet parking. We do try to keep our rates competitive with others in the area and since we are unable to offer self-parking as an option, our guests can park at any of the nearby parking garages or metered lots if they feel the charge is too expensive. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

I look forward to having you as our guest during your next trip to Miami!

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!