“Excellent location for a pre-departure cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Connecticut
“Excellent location for a pre-departure cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami before a cruise. It was a great pick. I was afraid that since the hotel was not on the beach, I wouldn't enjoy my time in downtown Miami. I was glad to be wrong. Across the street from the hotel is a beautiful park with gorgeous views of the Bay. Going through the park, you next come to a marketplace, with shops, restaurants, and tour kiosks. We took a boat ride around "millionaire's row" from the marketplace. So, we spent a really great day downtown Miami, walking everywhere. As for the hotel itself, you can tell it usually caters to business people because it was spacious, nicely decorated, and had a professional vibe. L-shaped desk, couch, table, huge bathroom with wardrobe closet, comfortable bed, remote-controlled blinds,etc., made for an exceptional stay. The concierge was helpful in directing us to a pharmacy. Short ride the next morning to the port. I would stay here again if in Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear carryone,

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay with us. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and offered you and your husband a wonderful pre-cruise stay. I'm happy that you were able to set time aside to explore some of the great amenities that downtown Miami and the InterContiental Miami has to offer!

As one of TripAdvisor's Contributors, I truly value your feedback and appreciate your recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise and after a long transatlantic flight. Check in staff were unbelievable, looking after our every need. We thought our stay was going to be a necessary stop off before our cruise but really was one of the highlights of our holiday. Thank you Intercontinental Miami!

Room Tip: Bay view room was amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. I'm thrilled that we were able to offer you a memorable start to your holiday and I hope that you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise. I'm pleased to hear that you were given a great check-in experience and warm welcome!

I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during your next trip to Miami.

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

stay was for business with some time for vacation. hotel is a short walk from the business center of Miami and about 40 meters from the metromover, the elevated transit facility that connects to many key points of interest. the hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable. rooms are of comfortable size, have all necessary amenities. bed very comfortable. bathroom with separate shower and tub, room was spotless when we arrived. ate in the main lobby restaurant, a delicious meal with good value. staff was very helpful and absolutely friendly. concierge in lobby very helpful, too. there are enough electrical outlets and good wifi.

hotel was accessed by taxi from airport, but there are public transit options that are easy. hotel is on biscayne blvd, so there are numerous bus routes just outside the entrance. from the nearby government center station, one can access shopping malls and some wonderful attractions, such as Vizcaya. sports attractions and the waterfront are also easily accessed. Miami Beach is an easy cab ride, and bus routes can be accessed not too far away. this is a center city hotel, so there is no beach adjacent to the hotel, but there is a pool on the upper level and a nice park across the street.

one nice feature of the hotel is the central lobby marble statue by Henry Moore, apparently the largest in private hands from that artist.

the Perez museum is a gem not far away, as is the Miami history museum in the public library complex.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear jeffrey k,

Thank you so much for your fantastic remarks! I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed our premier location, well-appointed accommodations and dining experiences. I am most happy to hear that you received great service from our staff!

I truly appreciate your recommendations and suggestions for our future guests. It's a pleasure to hear that you were able to explore some of the great amenities that Miami and Downtown Miami has to offer!

The InterContinental Miami and Miami Center complex are considered the largest marble structures in Florida. The antique Florentine marble covers the entire exterior and interior of the property. The slabs were cut and numbered in Italy, shipped to the mouth of the Miami River and reassembled by number so the veining matched throughout. Other materials used throughout the interior of the InterContinental Miami include Brazilian green marble, Portuguese rosate marble and South African black granite. Precious woods are also used throughout the interiors,including the rare babinga from Africa and from the Orient burned cedar and black teak. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our beautiful facility.

I do hope that you'll visit us again soon. This time for less business and a lot more fun!

fletcher, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked this as a one-night stay after a cruise. As a middle-class family with a teenager and a 10 year old, I expected that we would be treated as "lower-class" in a hotel known for business clients in a city that works off of luxury. Boy, was I wrong. We were treated like royalty, even allowing us early access to our room at around noon and access to Club InterContinental.

The room was beautiful and clean with magnificent views and in a great location, the amenities were fabulous, and even more important, the staff was kind and accommodating. We intend on staying here the next time we come to Miami!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the hotel is on the flight routes for planes leaving Miami. Not a big deal, as ma...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear valnaas,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of InterContinental Miami. It brings me great joy to hear that we were able to offer you and your family a great 5-star experience during your recent vacation! We strive to ensure that each and every guest that walks through our doors is given a warm welcome and VIP treatment; and I'm thrilled that we did just that!

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, breathtaking views and the service you received from our staff. It is truly a pleasure to hear that you left with a memorable experience.

I truly appreciate your feedback and I'm beyond delighted to hear that you plan to return. I would love to offer my personal assistance in the future and ask that you please email icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next trip so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room is spacious and clean, bed is comfortable, room service is super! Mind you that size of breakfast or dinner is comparative big. Two girls can definitely satisfy with one order of breakfast or dinner.
For Asian.who are not used to drink from the tape, please go to the Reception and ask for free bottles of water.
If you book a sea view room, ask for a upper floor. Or you may be annoyed by the music or noise from the Marketplace! We were there during the world club and the crowd and music ....of course some may enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Amy L,

Thank for your fantastic remarks. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, in-room dining experience, and the beautiful views of the bay. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just spent 3 days there,been in just about every hotel chain in the world,the quality of service resteraunt and accomodation, without equal.good walking around hotel to bay and beyond,close to cruise terminal and airport.

Room Tip: Room with view of harbour
Green Features: Excellent,environmentally practices,staff training must be good
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Garry S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful remarks with us. I am so happy to hear that enjoyed our dining options, well appointed accommodations and premier location. I am most proud to hear that you received high quality service from our staff! I will be sure to share your kind remarks and congratulate them on a job well done.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the InterContinental Miami. Check in was smooth and Marjoleen provided outstanding service! There were minor housekeeping issues that the front desk (Marjoleen) resolved immediately.

The view was fantastic! I only stayed two days since it was a cruise stop-over.

In addition, we received GREAT Service from Andrew and Maritza from the Alamo Car Rental and the prices were really reasonable. We wanted to go on airboat trip so we rented a car. Don't miss the Airboat and alligator tour with Buffalo Tiger’s Florida Everglades Airboat Tours. Definitely drive past all of the others and go with this company. My husband and I were the only ones on the trip. They wait about 10 minutes and if no one else comes - you get a private tour like we did!

It was a highlight of our trip and Freddy with Buffalo Tigers was wonderful.

Room Tip: Stay on the water side. The restaurant Toro Toro was wonderful but definitely pricey
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Getpacked77,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. It is such a pleasure to hear that you and your husband had an wonderful experience; and I hope you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise.

I'm so proud to hear that you had a great check-in experience and received top-of-the-line service from our staff throughout your stay. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with Marjoleen as well as Andrew and Maritza from Alamo Car Rental! I know they'll be so happy to hear that their genuine care and hospitality is appreciated.

I'm pleased that you were able to take some time to enjoy some of the great attractions that Florida has to offer and I'm thrilled you enjoyed Buffalo Tiger’s Florida Everglades Airboat Tours!

I am pleased and proud to count you among our guests and I look forward to your return.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!