“Awesome hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Awesome hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and it feels like home every time. It's located only 15 minutes away from south beach and the view is just espectacular. Ingrid, Leonor and Rafael at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. Also thanks to Paula on the phones, and to Flavia and Hector from the club lounge. All these people made our stay just perfect. I can wait to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014

2,486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Bonaire, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived on Jul 25 and stayed thru Jul 27 for the duration of our honeymoon. This place was absolutely amazingly beautiful and the service was excellent from the bellboy, front desk, concierge, and club lounge hostess. We have no complaints. This is a nice, clean upscale place to stay! Beautiful decor and breathtaking view in which you can enjoy the sunrise and a skyline view of beautiful Miami! The Toro Toro restaurant also offered top notch excellent service...no wonder it ranks as a #1 restaurant on Trip Advisor. We loved our first experience in Miami and will be back to visit Intercontinental Miami!

• Stayed July 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Tiesha_Jose,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that we were able to give you a memorable experience while you celebrated your honeymoon. I'm thrilled to hear that you had a flawless stay and received top of the line service from our staff. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Why not 5 stars? Everything is expensive - bar, food, valet. Honestly though,that seems to be Miami in general. May not be fair to ding hotel for that.

I stayed here July 22-25, 2014 for business. Hotel is beautiful and comfortable. My room had a king bed with a view of Bayside and the city. The hotel is right on the water and close to the Port of Miami for those staying overnight to catch a cruise in the morning.

The room had a huge bathroom with tub and separate standing shower. Bathroom was all tile and gorgeous. The closet was in the bathroom as well and had a safe.

Room also had a hospitality bar with water, snacks, and a Keurig brewer so bring your own K-cups folks for coffee from home. The room also had a lounging couch, corner desk, and flat screen TV. Motorized sheer and blackout blinds were a nice touch.

The gym was top notch and the pool was relaxing.

Their bar (and possibly restaurant) was comfortable but the drinks were pricey. A shot glass size drink of Limoncello was $12. Ouch. Prices aside, I think Torah Torah employs the most beautiful women in Miami to work there. Wow!! Ask for their specialty dessert that requires the table to be covered with a plastic sheet. It's a bowl made of chocolate with three huge scoops of ice cream. The bowl is dropped on the table and caramel and chocolate syrups are drizzled on top with berries. It easily fed the five of us.

It's only a $20 cab ride across the causeway to South Beach. The clubs and Art Deco District (remember Miami Vice) are located on Ocean Drive between 10th and 5th Avenues. If you're up for food and shopping, have the cabbie take you to the corner of Lincoln Road and Alton Road. From there, walk east toward the ocean (10 blocks away) and enjoy the shopping and both indoor and outdoor dining.

All said, the Intercontinental was a great hotel and only 5 miles from the pleasures of South Beach. I would stay here again but there's not a lot to do downtown after hours in my opinion.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear DE_Auditor,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility, amenities, spacious accommodations, location and beautiful views.

I'm thrilled that you had a great dining experience at Toro Toro and I'm happy that you loved the La Bomba. It is quickly becoming a favorite among our guests and was recently named one of Miami's top 5 desserts by Miami Magazine!

I truly appreciate your recommendations and I'm so proud to hear that you would stay with us again. I am pleased and proud to count you among our guests and I look forward to your return.

Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed here one night prior to our cruise leaving from the Miami port. This location has great views of the bay. It was nice to be able to see from our room where we were going the night before. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will say among some of the nicest I have dealt with and I travel quite a bit. Gave us options for our room location, offering waters as we were leaving, and sharing a lot of helpful information about the downtown area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Shane A,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you were given a great pre-cruise stay. It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our location, beautiful views of the bay and the service you received from our staff. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are given a warm welcome and 5-star service and I'm proud that we did just that.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team and congratulate them on a job well done. It was truly a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The overall experience was OK only. The room itself was clean, comfortable and good size. However the valet parking was expensive and slow, three of the six elevators were not working so we had to wait on average 30 mins to go up or down, and the water in the bathroom was irregular - hot water didn't work a few tjnes ans the pressure in the faucet did not work.
The location is very convenient and close to nice restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sergei P,

Thank you for posting your review of InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our convenient location and spacious accommodations. I am saddened to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

In mid-April our hotel began an 18-month modernization project of our elevators. While these updates are taking place, we do have 2-3 elevators out of service at a time and I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused. I do hope that you'll come back when it's complete to see what we've done!

I apologize that you felt the valet parking charge was expensive and I am sorry for the wait that you experienced. We do strive to keep our rates competitive with others in the area. Since we are unable to offer self-parking at our hotel, our guests do have the option of parking at any of the nearby garages or metered lots if they feel the charge is too expensive. I also hope you accept my sincere apologies in regards to the water temperature. Please know that this is not a common occurrence and I wish your stay hadn't been impacted.

As a valued guest and one of TripAdvisor's contributors, it is important to us that you walk away completely satisfied and I hope that we can offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have tasted here a number of times over the years and it seems the hotel is struggling to keep up with its guest load recently.

The staff are great, location good for downtown Miami, rooms are comfortable and well laid it our but the experience is spoilt by the facilities struggling with demand.

Waiting for an elevator is a absolute nightmare - people get so desperate to get done to the lobby they press up buttons and cram themselves into a overcrowded elevator - ride it up to be sure to get a ride down. Long waits for elevator cars in peak times seem to be normal and long lines in the lobby to ride up are also common.

Additionally hot water seems unavailable late afternoon for a shower in our room despite letting it run for sometime. In the morning it was piping hot - so the hotel may be reducing the availability of water during off peak to save money.

All in all it should have been a better experience for this standard of hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mark D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental brand and InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you continue to enjoy our location, accommodations and the service you receive from our staff. I do have to apologize for the shortcomings you described and I wish they hadn't impacted your overall satisfaction.

It appears that many of your concerns stem from the wait for the elevator and the water temperature. Please note that in mid-April we began an 18-month modernization project on our elevators. Following its completion, our elevators will feature advanced technology that will ensure our guests get to their destinations quickly and efficiently. During the time of your stay some of the elevators were out of service and I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I do hope that you'll come see back to see what we've done!

I also apologize that the water temperature in the afternoon did not meet your satisfaction. Please know that the events you described are not reminiscent of the service that we strive to provide to our guests and I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected. I will definitely look into this issue to ensure that future guests are not inconvenienced by this.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel. I am confident that if you returned you would leave with a more memorable and favorable experience.

Armino
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was a very amazing experience to try the " Wagyu Flat Iron Filet", and the dessert called
" Bomba". As well as the wide wine sellection, we found there.
Thanks to Patricio, who is an outstanding waiter, and his knowledge on meets helped us to enjoy the whole food and wine.
My recommendation is to go there and let Patricio to show you his deep background in this kind of food.

Room Tip: Try to find Bay a front view room.