“What a nice Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
El Paso, Texas
“What a nice Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed there Saturday July 12, 2014 for a one night stay prior to boarding a Cruise ship the following day. We had a late lunch at their Buffet. It was excellent : it consisted of rib-eye fajitas that were perfectly done, your choice of either corn or flour tortillas, avocado slices, roasted pimento slices, cilantro. A choice of several sauces, including Jalapeño, Habanero, and red Chile sauce. Mexican rice and black beans and tortilla soup were also available. The big surprise came when the waiter advised us that we could have all the beer we could drink. Needless to say, my wife and I had two "dos xx" each during our meal. The meal was about $20.00 per person but with the beers included; it was a bargain!!
The room was also very comfortable, we got two double beds and they were excellent. In the morning my wife brewed some fresh coffee they had available and it was of excellent quality, the aroma filled the room and woke me up!
If I have to say something bad about this hotel, their elevators were too slow.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Ernesto241,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that we were able to give you a great start to your vacation and I hope you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed Toro Toro's Tacos y Chelas (Taco & Beer Bar) that's featured every Saturday afternoon!

I hope that you accept my sincere apologies for the speed of the elevators. In mid-April we began an 18-month modernization project. Upon completion, our elevators will feature an updated design and advanced technology that will ensure our guests get to their destinations quickly and efficiently. I do hope you'll come back to see what we've done!

Thank you again for your feedback.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

On Saturday July 12, 2014, my family visited this Hotel for the first time and what a wonderful experience. Especially from the front desk staff RAFEAL and PIER that went out of there way to accommodate the Weston and Kenagy party of 20 people all together. We had a great time. Beautiful hotel and pool area. Watched the World Cup final around their great bar/restaurant area. Highly recommend

Margaret Weston

Room Tip: Room 1713 had a beautiful view of the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear WESTON239,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you and your family a memorable experience. We strive to ensure that our guests are given a warm welcome and 5-star service and I'm proud that we did just that. I appreciate your accolades to Raphael and Pierre. They will be so happy to hear that their genuine care and hospitality doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you so much for your recommendations. I'm thrilled you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I travelled to Miami for both business and pleasure, I organized a business meeting at the Club Lounge and the service was excellent, all the team was very kind and alert to our needs. Florangel was specially helpul :).
As for the rest of the stay me and my wife were very well taken care of!
Certainly I look forward to repeat my experience in the very near future and I already know where to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear FEDELFIN,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so proud to hear that you received 5-star service from our staff and I'm thrilled that you're already looking forward to your next stay. I appreciate your accolades to Florangel who was able to accommodate your needs and ensure that you had a memorable stay. She will be thrilled to hear that her attentiveness and service is appreciated.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ocala, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here on 07/11/2014 for one night before our cruise. The hotel was nice but it had some issues. The A/C made a loud banging noise all night and we booked a room for four people and we were put into a room with a king size bed so my son had to sleep on the tiny couch. The restaurant was way overpriced but the hotel was close to the Bayside Market place which offered plenty a places to eat. The hotel was close to the Port of Miami so that made it easier to get to our cruise. My biggest disappointment was when I got hit with the $39.00 parking fee. The hotel web sit does not mention the parking fee so be aware of it. The hotel is marked as a 4 star but I would only give 3. If not for the over priced parking I would consider staying again but $39.00 a night is simply outrageous.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Craig E,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facility and location. I do hope you accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you described in regards to the noise from the A/C unit and your accommodations. Please know that we do take guest feedback seriously and I would like for you to email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can follow-up on these issues with you personally.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the valet parking charges. Our rates are outlined on icmiamihotel.com under the "Hotel Services" tab and also listed under "View Rate Description and Rate Rules" when booking a room through our website. We do strive to keep our valet parking rates comparable with others in the area. Since we are unable to offer self-parking, our guests do have the option to park at any of the nearby garages or metered spots if they feel the charge is too expensive. Again, I am sorry this had a negative affect on your stay.

While you state your hesitation to return, I do hope that you'll give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel. I am confident that if you returned you would have a more memorable and favorable experience.

Maputo, Mozambique
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great hotel located in downtown Miami close to several good restaurants, shops and a nice park. Nice view over biscayne bay. Food at the Blue Water cafe was a bit overpriced ($25 for a grilled cheese and sparking water) and the lounge noise is quite high (sounds like a nightclub). Overall good stay and great value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear EdK541,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am pleased to hear that you had a good overall stay and enjoyed our location and the beautiful views of the bay. I do apologize that you felt the music in Toro Toro was too loud and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We do try to accommodate the needs of all of our guests and would be happy to lower the volume should you bring these concerns to our attention.

Thank you again for your feedback. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times a year from 2005. It is the epitome of what a business hotel should be - quite and restrained and as a consequence soul-less.
If you need somewhere to stay so you are refreshed for the working day ahead, then this is the place for you.
I cannot fault the way that business travellers are handled or treated.
Not a place to stay for a family vacation or a romantic break.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear morebeernow,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental brand and InterContinental Miami. We do cater to all types of travelers including families and those celebrating honeymoons and anniversaries. I am disappointed that you did not get this impression and I hope to offer you more memorable experiences in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I live in the area and I always enjoy going to the spa and frequently getting my mani and pedis. I also enjoy stopping by Blue Water Café later in the afternoons and relaxing and having a drink and chit chatting with Ashae and Marlinde. Also, Liz in the spa is great. I definitely can relax and enjoy myself when I come.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Suzie C,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled that you continue to enjoy our hotel's great amenities and the 5-star service that you receive from our staff. I appreciate your accolades to Ashae, Marlinde and Liz who have been able to make your visits memorable. They will all be happy to hear that their genuine care and hospitality is appreciated.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!