“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I booked a king room for a pre cruise stay. Check in was quick and easy. Daniel at the front desk was very professional and friendly. All employees were very friendly and always spoke to is and asked if everything was ok.The food ,while a little pricey was very good. Pool area was nice and well cared for. Just a short walk from the hotel is the Bayfront mall with a lot of shopping and places to eat and drink.I will certainly stay here again on my next stay in Miami.

Stayed July 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Gary S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you a great pre-cruise stay. I'm pleased to hear that we gave you a warm welcome and top-of-the-line service. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our amenities and location. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff and congratulate them on a job well done.

I am most happy to hear that you plan to return and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed two nights at this lovely hotel. The rooms and facilities at this hotel are of the highest quality with fantastic views over the bay from my room and also from the pool area. The rooms have a blackout curtain that can be operated from your (very comfy) bed so ensures a really good nights sleep The staff were excellent and all very helpful and friendly. The Club room offered breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour. The quality of food in the restaurants was excellent although the service at the pool bar was a liitle slow at busy times. The only slight niggle I would have is that an 18% service charge was automatically added to everything purchased at the bars. I understand the tipping culture is different in the US but this seems a little excessive as many people like to leave a tip based on the level of service they actually receive. However I would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly return.

Room Tip: A high room facing the bay gives excellent views and are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear TonyW1961,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility, amenities and beautiful views. I am most pleased that you received excellent service from our staff and enjoyed the offerings in our Club Lounge.

I am saddened to hear of your disappointment with the speed of service you received as well as the 18% service charge. Please know I understand your frustrations and I wish your stay hadn't been affected. However, I am happy that despite your concerns, you would plan to return to our hotel. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can be sure we offer you a flawless stay.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed here on the 4th of July. That might explain some issues like 90 minutes waiting for room service and average waiting of more than 5 minutes for an elevator. It does not explain dirty napkins on arrival in the bathroom, mal function on the blinds, 20 minutes waiting for check-in, and one of the poorest breakfast buffets I have seen in the US so far. The breakfast , with a mandatory 18% service charge for serving 1 coffee and 1 orange juice is a complete rip-off. If you like it loud and noisy and overpriced .... This is your place to come ! Recommendation .... There is a epic hotel right around the corner.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PuraVidaCR1,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us in Miami. I must apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations despite our team addressing your concerns prior to your departure. As you have already spoken with our management team, I am disappointed that the issues were not resolved to your satisfaction prior to your post.

I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected and I wish you hadn't been so severely inconvenienced. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience so that I can follow-up with you personally and ensure that we offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

On our recent holiday to America the last few days we spent it in Miami and the intercontinental. What an amazing hotel. The moment we arrived the welcome we received was excellent. The room we were booked into was stunning as it over looked the bay. The executive lounge was clean and we'll presented with friendly staff. The Tora Tora restaurant was lovely, the only downside was the noise, was more like a busy club than restaurant but not off putting. It was a shame we didn't stay longer but will go there if ever in Miami again. If it's a short stay or long stay , stay at the intercontinental you wont be disappointed. A big thumbs up

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Andy G,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to give you a great ending to your holiday. I'm pleased that you were given a warm welcome and great service from the moment you arrived.

I'd have to agree that the views of the bay are definitely one-of-a-kind and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed them as well as the other amenities that our hotel has to offer.

I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and I hope it's not long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This conference hotel was one of the nicest I've stayed at. Rooms were large, clean and modern. Hotel was large but felt much smaller. Even at peak break times, we didn't have any trouble with the elevators. Conference facilities were great. Only downside was that with all the marble/granite, the lobby could get extremely loud... felt like I was yelling trying to hold a conversation. The conference food was above average. There want a while lot of night life the immediate area but the elevated train was just across the street (free) and easy to navigate.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karen P,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star experience with us. I am thrilled that we were able to offer you a great stay. We strive to ensure that everything from our accommodations, dining options and conference facilities are of the highest quality and I'm proud to hear that did just that. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Although we stayed here for a conference it was pleasurable from the moment our toe hit the door! Exceptional pre-conference service from the concierge by Ilana to help us make special group reservations at a local restaurant for a fun 60s themed appreciation dinner we planned. Daniel at check in was efficient, hospitable and made for a quick and painless check in and check out experience. Be careful when you check in and discover the mini-bar...it is electronic and will charge you for anything you touch. You must experience the spa. One of the best! Cindy my esthetician was great, very relaxing. The steam room with eucalyptus aromatherapy was amazing. The food at the poolside restaurant was delicious and healthy but very slow! Also we were slightly disappointed that a hotel of this caliber didn't have a hot tub and the pool bathrooms felt like fancy outhouses but certainly doable. The food provided by the conference was delicious but they closed breakfast early. The room was nice especially the spacious bathroom with stand up shower and tub. The ocean view was gorge and the black out electric shade is brilliant. The personal keurig is a nice touch, as well. No mini-fridge only mini-bar and no microwave. There is a starbucks in the hotel lobby which is a huge plus! The restaurants and bars are a short walk along the bay but we recommend going to little Havana and trying Versailles Cuban restaurant! We can't wait to come back again next year. Bravo interconti! Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear jdecember,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star experience with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I'm thrilled that you had an equally enjoyable time during your conference. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are given a warm welcome and top of the line service from the moment they pull up to our front doors, and I'm pleased to hear that we did just that.

I am so happy that you enjoyed our location, spacious accommodations and amenities. I am most proud that you received great service from Ilana, Daniel and Cindy. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with each of them and congratulate them on a job well done! I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies in regards to the shortcomings that you described. However, I am happy to hear that they did not affect your overall satisfaction.

I appreciate your recommendations and I am so happy that you plan to return. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you and your group back next year.

Millington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My stay started with a fabulous check in clerk, Ingrid. She was so pleasant and made me feel so welcome after a long flight. The hotel itself is lovely with large spacious rooms but more importantly the staff was just top notch. I also was very pleased with Hector in the Club Lounge. He couldn't do enough for me including assisting me with printing my boarding pass and ensuring I had plenty to drink. Overall, this hotel gets it right with a very reasonable pricing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Donald L,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that you were given a warm welcome by Ingrid and great service from our staff throughout your stay. It's a pleasure to know that you also enjoyed our beautiful facility and spacious accommodations. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

Thank you again for your 5-star review. I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!