“Solid comfort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Solid comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is the fourth or fifth time I and my wife stayed at the Intercont Miami. We felt no fluctuations in the standard, service and attention. Always good, the hotel maintains its equipments in order and has made efforts for modernization. Location is premium and convenient, most rooms offer views either to the ocean or the adjacent Bayside Park and mall. Nice external area with jogging lane and swimming pool, good breakfast, an excellent restaurant called Torotoro and so on. Also used the room service for food and was fine in the quality and timing. As to the Ambassador Club lounge which our room allowed us to use and where bfast is served in the morning and cocktail and snacks are served in the afternoon, after two visits we decided to use the restaurant in the ground floor for breakfast; this happens with other Ambassador lounges in the Intercontinentals, I don´t know why they are never cozy.

Finally, the hotel is good value (only the valet parking is expensive, this goes for $ 39 a day).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Ernando A,

Thank you so much for your review and your loyalty to the InterContinental Miami. It was a pleasure to have had you back with us and I'm thrilled to hear that both you and your wife had a great stay. I do have to apologize if you felt that the Club Lounge was not cozy but I'm glad that this didn't impact your overall satisfaction.

I do hope it's not too long before I have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my personal assistance and ensure that you continue to receive great service.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Business conference. Also stayed here a few years ago. Everything is OK, bordering on great but not reaching the excellent category, IMHO. Rooms are nice, but not extraordinary. Everything clean and well maintained and staff were excellent and service oriented. Triangular layout, rooms on the east side have an excellent view of the port and South Beach area. This is a harbor/marina location; the beach is a few miles. Probably a great location for pre- or post-cruise.

Room Tip: x003 to x008 rooms face the port.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear JS-VA,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel's central location, accommodations and the service that our staff provides. I am disappointed that you didn't have a 5-star experience. We take our guest feedback seriously and I would love to know what we can do to ensure that our hotel is excellent. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing your recommendations for improvement.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Visited the hotel for an overnight business stay. The hotel was very busy but the hotel staff was attentive to all my needs. I suggest getting a room with club access. Quiet breakfast, tea time and free happy hour. The hotel has a great restaurant called Toro Toro.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Dave E,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Club Lounge access, attentiveness of our staff and dining experience at Toro Toro. I hope that you'll be able to visit us again but this time for a little less business and a lot more fun!

New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

-If you like a huge sealed-in hotel in a tropical climate, this is the place for you.
-If you like being told your king bed reservation you made 4 months ago was not a guarantee and could only have a double/full, then this is the place for you.
-If you like a room thermostat that pumps cold air no matter what temperature you set it at, this is the place for you.
-If you like a loud lobby that thumps like a nightclub, this is the place for you.
-If you like a registration desk that lets YOU figure out how to get your luggage to your room in less than an hour, this is the place for you.
-If you like paying $17.95 for 24 hour internet service for each device unless you call to complain and discover you just have to sign up for their club, then this is the place for you.
As for me, I won't be staying in Intercontinental Hotels any time soon, even if I am now a club member.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear TravelingGram8,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us and the negative impression this has left you with. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction, and I am disappointed you left so discontented. I would like to personally follow-up with you in regards to your stay and would like for you to email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details about your reservation and experience.

While you stated your intention not to return, I hope you will reconsider and give us the chance to change your impression of the InterContinental Miami. I am confident if you returned you would have a more memorable and favorable visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the InterContinental due to a large business conference being hosted there by my company. The location is central to all things in Miami. The staff worked to attend to any and all needs to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The accommodations where absolutely splendid. The conference facilities and capabilities were of the highest quality. We ended up staying an extra night after my business conference. The Spa facilities were gorgeous and the staff were well qualified and trained. I was extremely impressed by all aspects of this property and give only the highest accolades as my expectations were exceeded in every sense of the word.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room as they are slightly larger.
Dear Lee S,

Again, I thank you so much for your thoughtful remarks and for reaching out to me personally during your stay. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests were able to witness the warm hospitality and care that our staff possesses. It is our ultimate goal to ensure that each and every person who walks through our doors is given a warm welcome and a 5-star experience. I'm happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from our central location to spacious accommodations and spa facilities.

I do hope that you contact me should you decide to return so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your already high expectations of the InterContinental Miami. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I really want to say this this hotel looks great in the pics, yet the stay there was not as great as I had hoped.

What saved the day were the staff I am about to mention otherwise I would not stay here again. The service in the housekeeping and room service was the WORST I have experienced.

I guess the lock on our hotel was not working correctly so teh houselkeeper could not get in to clean the room. So instead of reporting it to engineering she decided to let that go and so a dirty room when we got back at 3.00pm after leaving the hotel at noon on Sunday..So we had the same nonense on Monday until we reported it to the Manager on Duty. Room service messed up the order 2 times, waited 2 hours to eat even after the first mistake was reported..The Manager again was great. If he has not gone out of his way I would never stay here again.His name was Batuhan & he was so kind as to deliver water, cheese and fruit to our room.

The staff at the desk that were GREAT were Lili, Daniel, Danielle and Natalie..The Housekeeping and especially Room service Should just get trained by them in being friendly and how to LISTEN..Then offer the guest a solution vs being an argument!!

Also the last day a very nice lady called Jasmine who delivered our food was the sweetest..It's a shame that this group of people I have mentioned do not appear to be supported by others in the hotel to make this hotel a pleasant stay..I regret to say the closets are SO DARK in the bathroom I left behind a pair of my husbands trousers..Lets see how quickly I can get those back!!!

If it was not for the people I mentioned above, to be honest whith all the choices in MIA I would tell you to skip this place..Yet that would not be fair to this team that took a not good stay to an OK level..I do hope the hotel makes the changes they need to make as with a bit of love in the rooms by housekeeping I bet this would not be a bad place to stay!

Room Tip: As for the Water views if possible, they are splendid
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Britty007,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear that you received great service from our staff. Our colleagues take great pride in treating each and every one of our guests like royalty and I'm glad that you experienced their warm hospitality and care firsthand. I will share your wonderful comments with our staff including all of those who helped to make your stay a little bit brighter.

I am disappointed to hear of the shortcomings you mentioned. While the events you described are inexcusable, please know that they are not common occurrences and I wish your stay hadn't been negatively impacted. I am also sorry to hear that your husband left a pair of trousers behind. I would like for you to reach out to me by emailing interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can personally assist you with this matter.

Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences and hope that you will give us another chance to change your impression of the InterContinental Miami.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was returning to the hotel and somehow left my cell phone in the cab. Joel, the doorman took his phone and called my number repeatedly until the cab driver heard it and returned his calls from my phone. Joel explained what happened and my phone was returned within minutes. Needles to say, he saved me a lot of grief, and his action showed a real customer service orientation.

Dear Fred B,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so thrilled to hear that you received outstanding service. It is always nice to hear that our staff was able to resolve our guests' issues and I'm proud to hear that Joel was able to assist you and help to retrieve your cellphone. Your comments have been shared with him and the rest of our team.

Thank you again for your great remarks. I hope that you will return. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com should you need any assistance making future reservations so that I can ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!