“service was wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Akron, Ohio
“service was wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

everything was great for the time of arrivals to we left they sent me about of champange and nice chocolate to my room because is was my 55th birthday and also the view for from both were great Daniel made sure we were right next to each other loved it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear tammyg501,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the InterContinental Miami. I am pleased to hear that your stay was flawless! Happy 55th Birthday! I'm so glad that we were able to make your special day and memorable one.

I appreciate your accolades to Daniel for his service. I will thank him for a job well done.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Been going to Miami in March for Music Week for four years now, and have stayed there for all four and next year will be my fifth.
Exceptional hotel. Great design, great atmosphere, good service (though the security can be a little over-strict at times but this is expected in a week like this) and awesome rooms.
The pool is great, they make great cocktails and have great drinks with service led by an absolutely awesome manager who is a Miami Heat man like myself and is so approachable you can spend ages talking to him. He really makes my stay worth it.
While all the staff around the hotel is good, aswell as the pool staff another thank you has to go to the Club Lounge staff. Led by Floreangel Torres, the team consisting of Hector, Flavia, Tony and a special thank you to Carlos from banqueting adds a special something to the stay that you'll have to experience to understand. Going out of their way to take care of you and making me never really want to leave the lounge is the only way I can summarize it.
Love this hotel and they deal with the hundreds of thousands of party-goers very, very well.

Room Tip: Club Lounge rooms!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Sam D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. I appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental Miami and I am so happy to hear that you continue to receive exceptional service during your trips to the music festival. I appreciate all of the accolades to our staff and will be sure to share your comments with the team. I am lucky to work with an amazing group of individuals who truly love what they do and take pride in going above and above for our guests. They all will be thrilled to hear that their genuine hospitality, care and dedication doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you again for sharing your 5-star experience. I look forward to welcoming you back for next year's festival.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

we booked the hotel through a third party vendor for April 25-28th for my bday. i had called prior to get double beds &was told that everything was taken cared of, when we arrived we were told that the request was not in the system. We got passed along to 2 different reps & was not getting anywhere. we saw Rodriquo and he tooked cared of us. He gaved us dinner vouchers to Toro Toro to make it up to us, and then the next day he sent up red wine and a cake for my bday. He really made our stay special. If you ever have any problems he would be the man to go to. Thank you so much Rodriquo!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lana S,

Thank you so much for posting details of your stay with us in Miami. While I am disappointed to hear of your troubles during the check-in process, I'm thrilled that Rodrigo was able to step in and make your birthday memorable! I do hope that you enjoyed your dinner in Toro Toro. I will share your kind words with Rodrigo and thank him for his service to our guests.

I do hope it's not too long before you visit us again.

Ferney-Voltaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked about 5 months in advance on Booking.com and got a price of $150, which was clearly a fantastic bargain for an expensive city on Easter weekend. There is everything you can expect from a good 4 star. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with all the amenities. The window was in a nook that you can actually sit in and admire the view, and has blinds that come down in such a way as to box you in (my 7-year-old loved playing in it). The pool area is very nice and well kept, and there is an adjacent landscaped jogging trail. The only downside is that the pool is surrounded on all sides by high-rise buildings and seems to be shaded most of the afternoon, so you might not be able to cultivate your tan there.
The location is perfect for exploring downtown. It is right next to the free monorail and city buses as well as the Hop-on Hop-off bus tours, which by the way are a good way to take in the city if your time here is limited. However, this hotel is NOT well situated for the beach, and there didn`t seem to be many good dining options within walking distance. The waterfront view is not bad. You can watch the cruise ships come and go, but the more scenic side is actually the row of buildings on the city side that are beautifully lit up at night. The hotel fronts a very pleasant park and a promenade which terminates in the swirling mercantile chaos that is the Bayside arcades. We found the place to be noisy and obnoxious, although we were delighted to happen upon a free open-air salsa concert there on Sunday night.
The hotel staff were perfectly efficient, courteous and delightful.
We ate at Toro Toro, which serves excellent food, but is a bit dark and intimidating in style.
The main lobby is sleek and modern.
There is a Starbucks in the lobby if you don`t feel like having an expensive buffet for breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a city break with or without kids. If you are looking for a beach getaway, however, this location is probably not going to do it for you.

Room Tip: The hotel might offer you a sea view thinking that`s what everyone wants, but we found the city view...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Phiby,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an amazing experience! It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests loved everything from our comfortable accommodations to the beautiful views, location and 5-star service from our staff. InterContinental Miami has it all and I'm glad that you were able to experience everything our hotel and the city of Miami has to offer.

As you noted, we have the perfect view to satisfy each individual's taste. Whether it be the calming views of the harbor, hustle and bustle of the city or the laid back atmosphere of the pool; we offer something for everyone. There is no bad view in this hotel!

Thank you again for the wonderful remarks and tips for our future guests. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can offer my assistance with any future bookings and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spend one evening at the InterContinental of Miami before we left for a cruise and received tremendous service. Sean who was working the bar the evening of 4/19/14 was excellent. He was extremely friendly and quick service. Also Rodrigo who was working at the front desk was very attentive during our check in and even though our room wasn't ready since we arrived so early he got everything ready to we had an early lunch when we received a call that our room was ready. The hotel was very busy and Rodrigo jumped in to help deliver luggage to rooms in turn he also delivered our luggage. All around great service during our stay but wanted to note the tow guys above. Thanks

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Joe C,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your stay at the InterContinental Miami. I am happy to hear that you received excellent service from Rodrigo and Sean. These gentlemen are true examples of what genuine hospitality is. Always ready and willing to go above and beyond for our guests to ensure that each person who walks through our doors has a memorable experience. I am lucky to work with such wonderful people and I will congratulate them on a job well done.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I swore my sister and I had 4nights booked here, we arrived on a hotel/port shuttle from Fort Lauderdale. Check-in wasn't until 4pm so we asked for the free WiFi password and sat in the lobby to wait. Great service all round, the reception clerk told us we had a 3 night stay, feeling puzzled thought this may be correct and that I'd read it wrong. Ignoring it, I decided to check the dates later. They accommodated all that we needed. We asked for more coffee pods every day, we requested wine glasses and a cork screw to the room, extra towels etc.. they were ever so polite and helpful. When I looked over my travel plans, we had no accommodation for the 21st, I phoned reception and they could have us stay another night in the same room! Relieved, we went out the the hotel ToroToro restaurant and on the last night we had room service, both were fantastic. Will definitely go again and recommend. Huge thanks to Mario, Bellman. Always great service with a smile

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Jessie S,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. I have the pleasure of working with a great team of individuals and I appreciate the accolades to Mario who was helpful in making your stay memorable. I'm also glad that you had great dining experiences both at Toro Toro and through in-room dining.

I'm thrilled to hear that you plan visit us again! I can't wait to welcome you back! Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your already high expectations.

Pattaya, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our 6 night stay in the Intercontinental was very good in every way. Check in was quick and efficient, received a Priority Club upgrade, and all features of the hotel were clearly explained.

Our room had a marvelous ocean view over the port and surrounds, it was very quiet at night, the bed and pillows were all very comfortable. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient each morning and everything in the room worked as it should. The bathroom was well appointed and easy to use.Breakfast is a well stocked buffet with a full range of choices both hot and cold and all very well prepared and presented.

The downtown location is excellent on the waterfront and all the Bayside facilities are within easy walking distance

Staff were extremely helpful, the bell men, concierge, reception and waiters all did a great job and made their guests feel very welcome.

We have not a single complaint and will definitely stay again next time in Miami

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter P,

Thank you so much for posting details of your stay with us in Miami. I am happy to hear that your check-in was quick and efficient and that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade.

The views of the harbor are breathtaking. They provide a calm and peaceful getaway all from the comfort of your room. I'm happy that you were able to relax in our upscale bedding and luxurious accommodations.

I am most pleased to hear that you received excellent service from our staff and plan to return. I would love to obtain additional details regarding your booking so I can ensure you have a 5-star experience on your next visit.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!