“Thank you Priceline” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Thank you Priceline”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Had booked Holiday Inn hotel. Day I could cancel without penalty I checked priceline to see if I could get a better last minute rate somewhere else. I thought $250 for HI was extreme although this is expensive part of town, but only needed one night as we were catching cruise ship next day. Thanks to Priceline and this being such a large hotel; I got a great room for $175 total. It was busy but again, only needed something for one night. But room was large, clean, quiet and perfect location. Only drawback, due to busy and size; getting bellmen almost impossible. Took 40 minutes and 3 calls downstairs to get our luggage brought up. Next day when checking out, waited 20 minutes and made two calls before we just took it down ourselves. If you can, just do it yourself.

Room Tip: Ask for water view, very pretty.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear rebfamily,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that our accommodations and location were well-suited for your needs and that you had a great overall experience. I do apologize for the wait you experienced when requesting assistance with your luggage. Please know that these delays are not a common occurrence and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As a valued guest, I want you to get the most out of your stay and invite you to contact me personally during the planning of your next visit to Miami so that I may ensure you receive the great benefits that come with booking directly with our hotel as opposed to third party reservation channels. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to exceeding your already high expectations of InterContinental Miami.

Arminio"

2,557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Polish first
Rheinfelden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great location at Miami Bayfront Park in walking distance to Ultra Music Festival (March 28-30, 2014). Perfect service with very short waiting time at the reception although the hotel was fully booked. Very friendly staff - I think all ages felt very welcome. Very nice large room and bathroom. No noise from the air condition at night when you turn it off - this should be standard in every hotel! Breakfast in the club lounge could have more daily variety (for those staying more than 2 days), but the food was of good quality. Staff in the lounge was always very friendly and helpful. The happy hour in the lounge was great to meet people. It was a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guido_Rhf,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to Bayfront Park and the Ultra Music Festival. I am most pleased that you received exemplary service from all of our staff and enjoyed your accommodations. I appreciate your feedback in regards to the variety for breakfast options in the Club Lounge and have shared your comments with our staff.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The staff was amazing, and really took care of me. I flew the red eye, and they were ready to help me out. A nice private breakfast while my room was prepared, and I was ready for a nap! I will absolutely stay there again when in Miami. Thank you again for taking care of a weary traveler!

Room Tip: Just ask, these guys are great and will take care of you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear JMilan_1234567,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests had a 5-star experience and were given a warm welcome by our staff.

I am thrilled to hear that you plan to return and look forward to welcoming you back. Please email at interconmiami@gmail so that I can assist you with any future bookings and ensure that we continue to exceed your high expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was in Mimi for one night on business and stated at the InterContinental Hotel in Miami. The hotel is in a great location, in downtown, walking distance to Bayfront area. Walking into the hotel I immediately noticed an excitement and liveliness that I hadn't experienced at other hotels. Whilst I was checking in I was told I was chosen to be guest of the day and upgraded to a suite. The room was fantastic and they also gave me access to the Executive Lounge. The service was fantastic and everybody was helpful. Next time in Miami - will rebook and hope to be selected as Guest of the Day again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mat J,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on being selected as our Guest of the Day! I am so glad that you enjoyed your upgraded suite and Club Lounge access. Our staff takes great pride in making each of our guests feel like royalty and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your VIP treatment. The liveliness and excitement that you describe is the pure happiness and love that our staff has for what they do. It creates such an amazing atmosphere from the moment you pull up to our front doors and I couldn't be more lucky to work with such wonderful people!

I look forward to welcoming you back. This time for a little more fun and a lot less work! Please reach out to me by emailing interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details regarding your stay and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We are just beginning our 2nd stay at the Intercontinental Miami. Overall the hotel is a great place to base yourself in Miami. But what makes it outstanding are the staff in the Club Intercontinental. Florangel, Flavian, Hector, Juan and Boris (in fact all the team there!) are professional, friendly and welcoming. We arrived after a tiring journey from the UK late last night with our 10 year old daughter, feeling jet lagged and jaded and were greeted with such warmth that we felt this was a real oasis within the hotel. They have made us feel special and that nothing is too much trouble. They are prepared to go beyond our expectations which is wonderful and help navigate us to the Miami Zoo (which really is not that easy!)! Thank you - you have made our holiday special.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear JonPClare,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy that we were able to give you a great start to your holiday! We all understand how stressful traveling can be and our staff always aims to provide a warm welcome and that "home away from home" feeling especially after such a long journey. I'm proud that you were able to experience the genuine hospitality and care that is demonstrated by the staff in our Club Lounge. I couldn't of asked for a better team of individuals to work with. They truly love what they do and it's reflected in the 5-star service that they continuously deliver to our guests. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with Florangel, Flavian, Hector, Juan and Boris!

Again thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and I look forward to your next stay with us. If you need any assistance with future reservations please don't hesitate to reach out to me by emailing interconmiami@gmail.com.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

After undergoing beautiful renovations, this GEM on the Bay of Biscayne is a magnificent hotel.
Service is impeccable The staff are all friendly, attentive and really enjoy working there. You can just feel it.
Also they have the greatest restaurant Toro Toro and the greatest waiter, Patricio who was so gracious and wonderful! The bar is incredible.
The hotel has the Miami ambience you are looking for with the upscale experience you demand.
We had such a wonderful weekend and will go back many times.

Room Tip: Every room has been renovated. The hotel has rooms overlooking the Bay of Biscayne with incredible...
Green Features: The hotel is one of if not the most progressive environmentally friendly hotels in Miami if not in the state of Florida!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear DanielleB1968,

What an amazing title for your review! For you to say that your stay at the InterContinental Miami was the best of your life is a HUGE honor. I'm so very proud and pleased that you were given a 5-star experience and truly enjoyed your time with us. The success of our hotel is solely based on our staff. It is only through their dedication and commitment to exemplary service that we are able to set ourselves apart from the competition and consistently deliver memorable experiences. The quality of service and genuine hospitality that flows through our staff and team is truly magnificent, and it seems you were witness to just that.

I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff, including Patricio, and congratulate them on a job well done. I am thrilled to hear that you plan to return. I would love to welcome you back to the hotel and hope you will reach out to me during the booking process by emailing interconmiami@gmail.com, so I may ensure I can meet you and exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami, afterall...you are family now.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hi there,

This is a wonderful hotel, and in a great location, but really the purpose of my review is this:

I just wanted to give a compliment to one of this hotel's parking valet attendants: William, who works for their third-party parking company, S P Plus. I stayed here 3 nights last week, and he was just always so helpful and welcoming whenever I left and returned on my day trips in and out. It's hard to be alone and travelling with no one to help you, but I really felt like he was watching out for me, and he should be rewarded by his employers for that!

So, thanks again to William, I appreciated all of your help with directions and my luggage, but most of all thanks for the sincere welcoming smile every time I saw you!

Room Tip: try to ask for one with the water-side view, I didn't do that, I wasn't there much anyway, s...
Green Features: like the fact that if you hang up your towels, they aren't washed every day!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear trillium000,

I appreciate your review of the InterContinental Miami and I'm glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and our convenient location.

Thank you so much for taking the time to point out William's exemplary service during your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests were welcomed with a smile and genuinely cared for. I will share your kind words with our staff and congratulate William on a job well done. I'm sure he will be thrilled to know that his hard work and dedication to our guests doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!