“The only place to stay in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“The only place to stay in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I arrived to check in and was greeted by Sarah at the front desk, who couldn't have been more friendly and proceeded to inform me that I had been selected as the guest of the day and would be receiving and uprade to one of the suites on the top floors with extra perks. This made my stay all the more memorable. Our room was beautifully appointed and so comfortable. The first time I have ever stayed in a room with 2 bathrooms! Soon after we got to our room, they arrived with a tray of fresh fruit and bottled water. The upgrade came with access to a private lounge reserved for those on the top floors. The lounge was full of different drinks (beer, wine, soda etc), also coffee and tea. We also went there for complimentary hot breakfast the next morning, the fanciest breakfast spread I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing at a hotel on their dime. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, Toro Toro. The service and the food were both top notch. My only complaInt about dinner would be the music was too loud for me to enjoy my wonderful dinner. It was flowing in from the bar....I just like not having to talk very loud to my server. The food was outstanding. I had this salad that I would order again in a split second and we both (my daughter and me) had divine beef entrees! We stayed because we were leaving out on a cruise from the Port of Miami the next day. We had quite the panoramic view out our window of the port. The view was everything and more out the windows of our room. The staff was all very friendly and personable. First rate! I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear lisakirtright,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your 5-star experience. It was such a pleasure to have had you as our guest and offer you the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience. I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised to be selected as our Guest of the Day! Our staff takes great pride in delivering superior service and our Guest of the Day program is one way to make our guests' stay that much more memorable. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including your Club Lounge access and dinner in Toro Toro. I certainly appreciate your comments and have shared them with our staff including Sarah.

I truly value your feedback and insight. Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I may obtain additional details of your stay and assist you directly with any future bookings.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

2,478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Not sure where to stay? We weren't...too old for South Beach but not too old to party....
Whatever your age, you like to feel relaxed in your hotel..This one had everything, great room,
fantastic staff - especially Marlene Mascardo, Guest Services Manager, who could not do enough for us, and central to all the attraction, wthout being in a noisy area. The view from our room over the harbour was amazing and always interesting
as cruise ships go and luxury liners come. The free metromover is a few yards away and the
free bus goes most places too. If you need to go somewhere else, the concierge and door men
are really helpful. If you imagine when they were building these skyscrapers in the 70's (?) - the sculpture in the foyer is by Henry Moore (and is HUGE) - as the place was built, it was lowered
in by crane and the building assembled around it. It is unimaginable now to cost such a project
and the rest of the hotel seems to be built in the same Brazilian stone as the sculpture.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jaxbuse,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful remarks with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and received exceptional service from our staff. Your review explains it all, we are in the heart of it all and have something to offer each and every traveler that walks through our doors along with unmatched views of the Harbor and surrounding city!

Thank you for sharing some insider tips about the city's free metromover and our hotel's legendary Henry Moore sculpture. I also appreciate your kind words about our staff which I will be sure to share with them.

Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details of your stay.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Arrived after traveling half way around world. Staff attentive and efficient. Rooms nicely appointed and spacious though I suppose that is dependent in the sort of room you book. Fantastic varieties of pillows , comfortable bed.

Centrally situated and easy access to cruise ship terminal as will as bay park shopping: restaurant complex.

Little in the pricey side but well worth it,

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mattpaps,

I thank you very much for your 5-star review and kind words about the InterContinental Miami. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. I am delighted that you were able to relax in our upscale bedding and enjoy the comfort of your room. Your comments have been shared with our team and we hope to see you again soon!

I would love to welcome you back to the hotel and hope you will reach out to me during the booking process by emailing guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so I may ensure I can meet you and exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is really nice but location, location, location. I was teaching a class at the airport and the drive was less than 15 min. Perfect!!!. Restaurants close by and there were two Heat games. The AA center was walking distance.

Valet parking is 39/day, however there is pubic parking adjacent to the property. I downloaded an app and spent less than 15/day.

I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I was on the 27th floor with an excellent view.
Dear Zemom,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel’s location both convenient and well suited for your travels. I hope you were able to take some time out from teaching to enjoy an action-packed Miami Heat game! If not, you'll have to be sure to catch a game during your next "work-free" getaway to Miami. I'm happy to have had you as our guest, and hope you’ll visit us again soon.

In an effort to obtain more details of your stay and to assist you with future bookings please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I can ensure you have the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience.

Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here on a business trip in March 2014. At first the security of the place was a bit overwhelming but once you get used to the situation it all goes well. My room was on the 21st floor overlooking the Metro station, which was fine since the room was used for sleeping anyway and not for the scenery. The walls seemed a bit flimsy though, people coming into their rooms at 2 am was the norm and woke me up daily. One day I though the whole ceiling was coming down around midnight when somebody checked in on the floor above me. A Haitian neighbor having an argument at 1 am could also be followed closely, I was about to order some popcorn.
The staff of the hotel are super friendly, porters are awesome. Li Li from Curacao at the front desk deserves a raise, I have never seen her without a smile.
All in all a great experience and would definitely come back whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Top level floors preferred.
Dear Donald147277,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and received great service from our staff including Li Li. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced due to noise in the hall and surrounding rooms. In the future please alert the Front Desk of your concerns so that they can assist you with resolving the issue.

I am thrilled to hear that you plan to stay with us again, I hope it is for leisure so that you can see what Miami and the InterContinental Miami has to offer. When you return please book with us directly by emailing guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com with details of your stay.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

In this hotel, staff makes all the difference. I recently stayed at the hotel at Miami Beach, and just now I see the difference in the training and commitment of the employees. I was impressed how friendly, helpful, professional, and attentive were all the people I encountered during my stay.

Rooms are nicely furnished, and views on the ocean side are spectacular. Get up for sunrise, and you'll know what I am talking about. Bed was comfortable, bathroom nice and clean.
Breakfast is bit pricey, but the buffet offers plenty of choices, service by Aime is excellent. I also had the pleasure to have drinks with some colleagues at the Toro Toro bar. Erika the bartender was very pleasant, always smiling. Service provided by Matej in the restaurant was very professional and friendly.
Overall, the hotel has great location, great restaurants on property, Starbucks in the lobby, and some of the best staff I have encountered.

Room Tip: Starbucks in the lobbry,
Dear JuanTheV,

Thank you for joining us during your recent visit to Miami. I am so glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel's location, accommodations, amenities and restaurants. We truly have everything you could need to enjoy your time in Miami. Our location is in the heart of Downtown and only one bridge over from the beach.

I am most proud of the level of service you received from our staff. I couldn't be happier to hear that everyone from Aime, Erika, and Matej were nothing but warm and welcoming towards you. This is a prime example of the quality of service we provide at the InterContinental Miami, and the genuine team we employ.

I'd love to know more about how you booked your stay with us and offer my assistance with future bookings. Please contact me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I do hope it won't be too long before you stay with us again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very good hotel, booked in the last minute, but met my expectations on the service quality and the food.Very good hotel, booked in the last minute, but met my expectations on the service quality and the food.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear vanukuru,

Thank you for sharing the positive experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we have met your expectations and provided you with a 5-star experience.

I would love to obtain more details on how you booked with us and offer my assistance with any future reservations. Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to Miami.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!