“First time visitor to Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
cornwall
“First time visitor to Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Not sure where to stay? We weren't...too old for South Beach but not too old to party....
Whatever your age, you like to feel relaxed in your hotel..This one had everything, great room,
fantastic staff - especially Marlene Mascardo, Guest Services Manager, who could not do enough for us, and central to all the attraction, wthout being in a noisy area. The view from our room over the harbour was amazing and always interesting
as cruise ships go and luxury liners come. The free metromover is a few yards away and the
free bus goes most places too. If you need to go somewhere else, the concierge and door men
are really helpful. If you imagine when they were building these skyscrapers in the 70's (?) - the sculpture in the foyer is by Henry Moore (and is HUGE) - as the place was built, it was lowered
in by crane and the building assembled around it. It is unimaginable now to cost such a project
and the rest of the hotel seems to be built in the same Brazilian stone as the sculpture.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear jaxbuse,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful remarks with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and received exceptional service from our staff. Your review explains it all, we are in the heart of it all and have something to offer each and every traveler that walks through our doors along with unmatched views of the Harbor and surrounding city!

Thank you for sharing some insider tips about the city's free metromover and our hotel's legendary Henry Moore sculpture. I also appreciate your kind words about our staff which I will be sure to share with them.

Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I can obtain additional details of your stay.

Arminio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Arrived after traveling half way around world. Staff attentive and efficient. Rooms nicely appointed and spacious though I suppose that is dependent in the sort of room you book. Fantastic varieties of pillows , comfortable bed.

Centrally situated and easy access to cruise ship terminal as will as bay park shopping: restaurant complex.

Little in the pricey side but well worth it,

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mattpaps,

I thank you very much for your 5-star review and kind words about the InterContinental Miami. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. I am delighted that you were able to relax in our upscale bedding and enjoy the comfort of your room. Your comments have been shared with our team and we hope to see you again soon!

I would love to welcome you back to the hotel and hope you will reach out to me during the booking process by emailing guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so I may ensure I can meet you and exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is really nice but location, location, location. I was teaching a class at the airport and the drive was less than 15 min. Perfect!!!. Restaurants close by and there were two Heat games. The AA center was walking distance.

Valet parking is 39/day, however there is pubic parking adjacent to the property. I downloaded an app and spent less than 15/day.

I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I was on the 27th floor with an excellent view.
Dear Zemom,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel’s location both convenient and well suited for your travels. I hope you were able to take some time out from teaching to enjoy an action-packed Miami Heat game! If not, you'll have to be sure to catch a game during your next "work-free" getaway to Miami. I'm happy to have had you as our guest, and hope you’ll visit us again soon.

In an effort to obtain more details of your stay and to assist you with future bookings please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com so that I can ensure you have the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience.

Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here on a business trip in March 2014. At first the security of the place was a bit overwhelming but once you get used to the situation it all goes well. My room was on the 21st floor overlooking the Metro station, which was fine since the room was used for sleeping anyway and not for the scenery. The walls seemed a bit flimsy though, people coming into their rooms at 2 am was the norm and woke me up daily. One day I though the whole ceiling was coming down around midnight when somebody checked in on the floor above me. A Haitian neighbor having an argument at 1 am could also be followed closely, I was about to order some popcorn.
The staff of the hotel are super friendly, porters are awesome. Li Li from Curacao at the front desk deserves a raise, I have never seen her without a smile.
All in all a great experience and would definitely come back whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Top level floors preferred.
Dear Donald147277,

Thank you so much for sharing details of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and received great service from our staff including Li Li. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced due to noise in the hall and surrounding rooms. In the future please alert the Front Desk of your concerns so that they can assist you with resolving the issue.

I am thrilled to hear that you plan to stay with us again, I hope it is for leisure so that you can see what Miami and the InterContinental Miami has to offer. When you return please book with us directly by emailing guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com with details of your stay.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

In this hotel, staff makes all the difference. I recently stayed at the hotel at Miami Beach, and just now I see the difference in the training and commitment of the employees. I was impressed how friendly, helpful, professional, and attentive were all the people I encountered during my stay.

Rooms are nicely furnished, and views on the ocean side are spectacular. Get up for sunrise, and you'll know what I am talking about. Bed was comfortable, bathroom nice and clean.
Breakfast is bit pricey, but the buffet offers plenty of choices, service by Aime is excellent. I also had the pleasure to have drinks with some colleagues at the Toro Toro bar. Erika the bartender was very pleasant, always smiling. Service provided by Matej in the restaurant was very professional and friendly.
Overall, the hotel has great location, great restaurants on property, Starbucks in the lobby, and some of the best staff I have encountered.

Room Tip: Starbucks in the lobbry,
Dear JuanTheV,

Thank you for joining us during your recent visit to Miami. I am so glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel's location, accommodations, amenities and restaurants. We truly have everything you could need to enjoy your time in Miami. Our location is in the heart of Downtown and only one bridge over from the beach.

I am most proud of the level of service you received from our staff. I couldn't be happier to hear that everyone from Aime, Erika, and Matej were nothing but warm and welcoming towards you. This is a prime example of the quality of service we provide at the InterContinental Miami, and the genuine team we employ.

I'd love to know more about how you booked your stay with us and offer my assistance with future bookings. Please contact me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I do hope it won't be too long before you stay with us again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very good hotel, booked in the last minute, but met my expectations on the service quality and the food.Very good hotel, booked in the last minute, but met my expectations on the service quality and the food.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear vanukuru,

Thank you for sharing the positive experiences of your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we have met your expectations and provided you with a 5-star experience.

I would love to obtain more details on how you booked with us and offer my assistance with any future reservations. Please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to Miami.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night pre-cruise. This hotel is very close to the port and surprisingly family friendly.

Pros:
- only a few minutes drive to cruise port
- within walking distance to Bayside Market
- Bayfront Park is a very nice park to walk through and has a nice playground for kids
- mini crib with metal frame is available upon request
- Starbucks in the lobby is convenient for a quick breakfast
- room is a good size and nicely furnished
- bathroom is large and modern
- robes are included
- good sized safe in the bathroom closet
- bed was comfortable
- controls for blackout curtain accessible from the bed

Cons:
- valet parking is extremely expensive and self parking is not available
- difficult to drive to (would recommend taking a cab to this hotel)
** beware of toilet. i was awaken through out the night by a loud periodic screeching noise. In the morning i found out that the toilet made that noise each time it released pressure. I would check to make sure your toilet is not making this noise before you go to bed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear lovestoresearch,

Thank you for sharing your complimentary feedback on your stay with us at the InterContinental Miami. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel’s location and accommodations both convenient and well suited for your travels. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise caused by your toilet. I am sorry if you felt our valet charge was overpriced, we do research other hotels and offerings and try to keep our prices as competitive as possible.

In an effort to obtain more details of how you booked with us and for future assistance please email me at guestreviews.icmiami@gmail.com. I'm happy to have had you as our guest, and I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Arminio

Been to InterContinental Miami? Share your experiences!